STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

explain. we were talking about the aesthetics of his body compared to the athleticism of it. You're reaching, but your arms not long enough.
.........lol who's jelly? And of what??

Didn't expect that "perspective" from you. Still :lol: at average build though.

I am 5'11" 205lbs
I bench 225 (5 times) with no spotter.
What could i do with a spotter? What would a good bench be for my height and weight.

1.5x your weight bench press is widely considered good bench under most basic strength standard guidelines. 2x for squat and 2.5x dl. 
happy.gif
 once you start going above that youre knocking on the door of advanced numbers for your weight.

Last edited:
i've been hesitant to 1rm on bench because of some lingering shoulder issues but i probably press around the same - would like to see if i could press 275# but not while i'm cutting weight (i weigh around 180). hard to know how many more you have in the tank to tell you how much a spotter could help. i probably leave 1 more rep because i train alone.

here are some standard strength numbers though - you're between intermediate and advanced.
http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/BenchStandards.html

Just realized that a score of 277 meant Froning was close to getting on the rower a second time. What a beast. Wtf. I hope ten yrs from now, crossfit doesn't do to him what biking did to Armstrong lol.

Last edited:
Unless Rich is beating the drums for cancer research, I wouldn't even mention the two in the same breath.

I know Armstrong gets a bad rap, but I feel there was more good than bad that came out of his cheating a sport. I'll stop short of saying martyrdom, cause I think the guy thinks he's too good for that, but at the very least something good came out if it (cancer awareness and support).

Last edited:
Unless Rich is beating the drums for cancer research, I wouldn't even mention the two in the same breath.

I know Armstrong gets a bad rap, but I feel there was more good than bad that came out of his cheating a sport. I'll stop short of saying martyrdom, cause I think the guy thinks he's too good for that, but at the very least something good came out if it (cancer awareness and support).
ALSO LANCE WAS WORLD WIDE RESPECTED ATHLETE WHO WS THE FACE OF A SPORT

Adding in cancer into comparisons is unfair. If you're dominant in your sport, then you're dominant in your sport. Jordan didn't beat no cancer, do you have anything to say about him?

My post had no intention of comparing the two anyway. Armstrong is just the only athlete I know whose accomplishments were taken away from him AFTER his career was over. If there was another name I could've thought of, I would've used him.

Lance is a scumbag......yes he raised money for cancer but he also used cancer to lace his own pockets considerably through his foundations w/ how things were worded  

jordan the basketball player = phenomenal
jordan the human being = piece of crap

had a talk with my soon to be father-in-law who is an elite powerlifter. he told me he doesn't think froning cycles. and he told me: no proof, no care. hands down, his dominance is something to admire.

anyway, hitting the gym on sundays at 445am nowadays so that i can come back home early and watch my son so that my gf can go to the gym. she's been making some great progress. i'm proud of her.

anyone who knows anything about MJ knows his off court (heck, even his on court) attitude is ISH when it comes to dealing with "people"

mind you the society we live in will only discuss, make light of negative situations when it comes to celebrities. it's rare that we hear about the good stuff they do reported in the media outside of say their own organizations (i.e. nba cares, nfl play 60 programs etc.)

all celebs have good/bad sides, but we rarely hear about the the good stuff MJ does

outside of Tebow, no one is just good with everyone all the time

Back
Top Bottom