STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

My 2 week juice fast lasted 5 days :lol:

Forgot how expensive all these fruits and veggies can be, plus I was getting dizzy and lightheaded at work. Still eating healthy though.

The DB press is more of an isolation exercise, it will focus more on the chest itself. Great for defining the pecs.
The BB press is a compound exercise and will incorporate more muscle groups. Good for adding mass.
There is some information of a routine a few posts above me.
However, I will state that you should always warm up with flys rather than a press. This will stretch out your pec and warm it up, while the press leaves you more susceptible to a muscle tear.
If you are looking for something new, invite some change into your routine.
I do my flys and presses on an exercise or stability ball.
I start with my flys on the stability ball, and in between sets I do push-ups.
Then I do db presses on the stability ball, 3 sets at a flat angle, then I move my body weight slightly forwards to an incline and do 3 sets of presses that way.
I do another variation of a press, the floor press, I do dips in between sets.
Then to end, I stretch my pecs back out on cable flys.
Chest = wrecked.
At this point your chest will be wrecked, be sure to get some nutrition ASAP. I take a quick shower at the gym, drink a protein shake and a protein bar.
Smoke a bowl when I get home :tongue:
and make dinner.
BOOM

Repped, good looks bro. Def. trying this method when I hit the the gym in a few hours. Btw, how many reps you do?

If you want to save $10 on any supplement or order then PM me, cheapest price/prices on the net :smokin

In regards to the protein shake buzz...

I find myself taking my shake before I get to the gym (usually on the car ride there). Then I eat solid food after. I dont know why I started doing this actually...dont know if its just as effective/not as effective/whatever.

I know its just semantics, but how a a DB press an isolation exercise and a BB bench is considered compound?

How does a press make someone more susceptible to a muscle tear and a fly doesnt?

BEGIN with a fly, to stretch the muscle. BEGINNING with a press leaves you more open for a tear.

Repped, good looks bro. Def. trying this method when I hit the the gym in a few hours. Btw, how many reps you do?

I am not a power lifter guy. I don't think it's good on the joints. I'm a hypertrophy fella.

I never go lower than 6-7 and never higher than 15.

i dont understand the hype with cleanses.

just quite eating all junk and eat nothing but fruits, vegetables, and lean cuts of meat.

i did that without cardio and got a full 6-pack. i also cut out bread..

In regards to the protein shake buzz...

I find myself taking my shake before I get to the gym (usually on the car ride there). Then I eat solid food after. I dont know why I started doing this actually...dont know if its just as effective/not as effective/whatever.

some people take it before the gym and theres nothing wrong with that, its like a mini meal :lol:

and of course nothing wrong with eating after working out, as long as your meal includes some kind of protein in it your GOOD.

once again for everyone to know and remember...

food>>>> whey and supplements

just quite eating all junk and eat nothing but fruits, vegetables, and lean cuts of meat.
This.

Quick question, how bad are carbs for you if you're trying to get cut. My meals usually consist of a cup of brown rice/two cups of wheat pasta and a chicken breast/tilapia/salmon steak. I know carbs just sit there if theyre not being used, does that apply for whole wheat carbs as well?

carbs arent that bad, looks up simple and complex carbs.

stay away from simple and eat complex carbs pretty much :lol:

This.

Quick question, how bad are carbs for you if you're trying to get cut. My meals usually consist of a cup of brown rice/two cups of wheat pasta and a chicken breast/tilapia/salmon steak. I know carbs just sit there if theyre not being used, does that apply for whole wheat carbs as well?

Carbs = carbs.

you need carbs man. just stay healthy and keep at it. bust your *** in the gym and your definition will come.

use "good carbs" to carb up before your work outs. Whole wheat, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice etc.

This. Diet is so important. Everytime I think of even eating junk food, I tell myself it's not even worth the joy of enjoying if it's not benefiting my body.

Just think of it like that, especially once you see a change in your body for the better

who else follows the "youtube fitness community" ?? like tmw, matt ogus, physiques of greatness, campbellfitness, luimarco, etc. i honestly feel that just by watching their videos, my fitness/bodybuilding knowledge has tripled, even if some of their stuff is considered broscience.

oh yeah and do you all got, chris jones or matt ogus?

how often did u do ab exercises per week?

who else follows the "youtube fitness community" ?? like tmw, matt ogus, physiques of greatness, campbellfitness, luimarco, etc. i honestly feel that just by watching their videos, my fitness/bodybuilding knowledge has tripled, even if some of their stuff is considered broscience.

oh yeah and do you all got, chris jones or matt ogus?

TMW has a lot of broscience but they're entertaining. POG is funny and entertaining while Cambellfitness's channel got a little boring since he's on a 531 Wendler program. I had to unsubscribe from luimarco because I cannot watch more than a few minutes at a time due to his accent.

My prediction is that Chris Jones will be bigger on stage but Matt will be more leaner when they compete in 2013. Matt has been in competitions before so he's familiar with contest prep & diet. He also has 3DMJ coaching him. That will definitely help him a lot since they're pro natural bodybuilders who have competed for years. Chris needs work on his posing as well. The competition isn't for another year so it will be interesting to see how the results turn out.

Last edited:

My whole thing is it helps me retrain the way I think about food when the bad habits creep back in. It's not necessarily for the immediate results, although if you have the discipline to stick to it for a while you can definitely cut weight quick, but for me that's not the point

Sorry Brah, but this is one of the dumbest post I have ever read. Please educate yourself on what a steroid is

why is everyone getting mad? I didn't say it was steroids. I said I considered it as for to myself... Like how vegans wouldn't touch meat? I feel the same way about supplements... Its something I wouldn't take because I like to workout and refuel myself naturally. No offense to those who take it but I been working out for 3 years now without it. I'm reaching my goals and satisfied with the pace I'm going so why stop now?

I dont think he literally means steroids.

I think he just means that he wants to go all natural, and protein would be "like steroids".

Meh, just trying to defend duke.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom