STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

^

Yeah it irks me when people say "I dont wanna get too big".

It takes a TON of effort and years to get bodybuilder big. You have nothing to worry about. :lol:

I agree, it's insulting. I have been working out for 4 years and been getting results but I'm not ripped or really that fit. I recommend newbies to incorporate some chest or leg exercises and they go nah... I don't want to get too big... First of all you have man ****, girl legs and basically out of shape. Just cardio ain't gonna get you to your ideal weight if you're only focusing on that.

I don't take supplements. For some reason powder and shakes are considered steroids to me and I would never use them unless it was for free. I would never touch creatine but protein bars are okay if you're in a hurry after a workout and won't be eating anytime soon.

The DB press is more of an isolation exercise, it will focus more on the chest itself. Great for defining the pecs.
The BB press is a compound exercise and will incorporate more muscle groups. Good for adding mass.

There is some information of a routine a few posts above me.

However, I will state that you should always warm up with flys rather than a press. This will stretch out your pec and warm it up, while the press leaves you more susceptible to a muscle tear.

If you are looking for something new, invite some change into your routine.

I do my flys and presses on an exercise or stability ball.

I start with my flys on the stability ball, and in between sets I do push-ups.

Then I do db presses on the stability ball, 3 sets at a flat angle, then I move my body weight slightly forwards to an incline and do 3 sets of presses that way.

I do another variation of a press, the floor press, I do dips in between sets.

Then to end, I stretch my pecs back out on cable flys.

Chest = wrecked.

At this point your chest will be wrecked, be sure to get some nutrition ASAP. I take a quick shower at the gym, drink a protein shake and a protein bar.

Smoke a bowl when I get home :tongue:

and make dinner.

BOOM

Last edited:
The DB press is more of an isolation exercise, it will focus more on the chest itself. Great for defining the pecs.
The BB press is a compound exercise and will incorporate more muscle groups. Good for adding mass.
However, I will state that you should always warm up with flys rather than a press. This will stretch out your pec and warm it up, while the press leaves you more susceptible to a muscle tear.
Then I do db presses on the stability ball, 3 sets at a flat angle, then I move my body weight slightly forwards to an incline and do 3 sets of presses that way.
Chest = wrecked.
At this point your chest will be wrecked, be sure to get some nutrition ASAP. I take a quick shower at the gym, drink a protein shake and a protein bar.
and make dinner.
BOOM

I never thought about doing flys first, as i usually do my compound exercises as my heaviest and get them out the way first.

I'll definitely switch it up to give it a try. thanks for the words.

LOL and SMH at smoking a bowl after a workout.

Anyways. can u give a more indepth overview on weighttraining on stability ball?

I don't take supplements. For some reason powder and shakes are considered steroids to me and I would never use them unless it was for free. I would never touch creatine but protein bars are okay if you're in a hurry after a workout and won't be eating anytime soon.

protein is steroids? lol WUT?

its essentially food, you eat chicken or any kind of food with protein in it correct? so your taking steroids if you diet consists of any protein.... :rofl:

Da idiocy of some people who train.

Next thing you know they gonna call multivitamins..... H G HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Smoking is a lifters best friend! Keeps me hungry and eating and I get good sleep :tongue:

^Using the stability ball forces you to keep your core tight, keep your balance and full control of your muscles to stabilize yourself and execute your lift at the same time.

I feel like it works better for me than a flat bench.

what the hell

I dont think he literally means steroids.

I think he just means that he wants to go all natural, and protein would be "like steroids".

Meh, just trying to defend duke.

Ridiculous :stoneface:

But you would use them if they are free? I feel like punting you Baxter.

Anyway, I came in here to say that I snagged the last 6 bags of that CVS protein for a total of $20.94, going to a couple more stores tomorrow to look for more for my brother.

Last edited:

what the hell

Posts like the one above probably birthed this meme. :lol:

Last edited:
Chest = wrecked.
and make dinner.
BOOM

I know its just semantics, but how a a DB press an isolation exercise and a BB bench is considered compound?

How does a press make someone more susceptible to a muscle tear and a fly doesnt?

^

Good question.

Speaking of benching, I havent benched in almost 3 weeks now due to a shoulder injury.
mean.gif

Brought my bro to the gym and he said he wanted to start with smith machine benching. I was trying to be all macho like Lebron after a dunk and put more weight than I usually do. Paying the stupidity off right now, I havenet even had a decent shoulder workout in about the same time. All I do is a bunch of flys and raises.

I did some leg supersets this morning....WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Insanity in the morning!.  I'm ready trying to build my strength and endurance for the Spartan race in september.

^

Good question.

Speaking of benching, I havent benched in almost 3 weeks now due to a shoulder injury. :smh:

Brought my bro to the gym and he said he wanted to start with smith machine benching. I was trying to be all macho like Lebron after a dunk and put more weight than I usually do. Paying the stupidity off right now, I havenet even had a decent shoulder workout in about the same time. All I do is a bunch of flys and raises.

bruh...

also hit chest and shoulders yesterday after time off for a shoulder injury. felt weak as **** :smh: :smh:

why do you guys do for soreness?

stretch & enjoy it.

feeling sore day after a good workout >>>>>

Sorry Brah, but this is one of the dumbest post I have ever read. Please educate yourself on what a steroid is

^protein intake post workout is better in the form of a shake because you need something immediately after a workout and protein in the form of food takes longer to digest. Not saying this theory is gospel but at least thats the way I look at it. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I usually drink a protein shake and then eat a cup of greek yogurt after a workout. So I guess I'm doing both.

Last edited:
^protein intake post workout is better in the form of a shake because you need something immediately after a workout and protein in the form of food takes longer to digest. Not saying this theory is gospel but at least thats the way I look at it. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.
I usually drink a protein shake and then eat a cup of greek yogurt after a workout. So I guess I'm doing both.

I usually work out a little after I get off work so at liek 530-6, so I should prob make a protein shake and drink it before getting in the shower?

What are you guys thoughts on Power Bars? I eat one as a snack every so often, usually like 2 hours after lunch/ 1-2 hrs before I go work out.

Did you drink a post workout shake? And just relax and rest. It means your body needs time to recover.

I didnt drink a shake, I just made some chicken and pasta right after, you think I should have made a shake?

So it must have took you awhile to prepare and eat your food huh?

Then yeah, I suggest just drinking protein shakes. It absorbs in faster and better.

Back
Top Bottom