STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So i was doing sit ups and crunches then i crouched and had the most painful cramp in my stomach. i thought it was my time, really, should i hit up the doctor or is this normal?

Has anyone done Zercher squats? I tried them for the first time today and good heavens I can feel it :lol:, its like doing front squats but squeezing your core like you are doing a plank so its a double whammy

BEGIN with a fly, to stretch the muscle. BEGINNING with a press leaves you more open for a tear.
I am not a power lifter guy. I don't think it's good on the joints. I'm a hypertrophy fella.
I never go lower than 6-7 and never higher than 15.

Beginning with a press doesnt make anyone more likely to injure themselves. It's not the motion that causes the problem, its the load.

who else follows the "youtube fitness community" ?? like tmw, matt ogus, physiques of greatness, campbellfitness, luimarco, etc. i honestly feel that just by watching their videos, my fitness/bodybuilding knowledge has tripled, even if some of their stuff is considered broscience.

oh yeah and do you all got, chris jones or matt ogus?

I mess with Chris Jones, I do some of the routines he's put up and switched to that cheap protein :lol:

I tried running a game of 4's last night after doing 15 miles on the bike.
sick.gif
I almost died on defense...

Hit up the pool and steam room after that... I'm liking the work out I get from swimming.

I've been lifting for 9 months now, and my results are finally coming in. I used to weight 192 and I got down to 177. I usually take a protien shake after workout and eat 5-6 times a day.

Now that I am fasting for 30 days, (no food or water from sunrise to sunset), I've lost 4-5 pounds within 2 weeks. :smh: Now I am at 172.

My diet now for fasting:

Breakfast - 5 am

Bowl of fruits (1 Banana slice, 1 red apple slice, 5 large strawberries slice)
2 large scramble eggs with mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese
1 English Muffin
1-2 Chicken Sausage or 5 strips of Turkey Bacon
1 protien shake
1 bowl of cheese grits
3-4 bottle of water

Mon - Run a mile, Chest/Traps/Shoulder/Upper and Middle back/Abs/Push ups (Heavy lifting)
Tues - Run a mile, Legs/Lower back/Obliques/Brisk Walk Full Incline 16 mins (Heavy Lifting)
Wed - Run a mile, Biceps/Traps/Forearm/Triceps/Abs/Push Ups (Heavy Lifting)
Thurs - Run a mile, Legs/Core/Lower back/Obliques/Brisk Walk Full Incline 16 mins (Light lifting, 15 reps and 4 sets)
Friday - Run a mile, Chest/Shoulder/Back/Biceps/Traps/Triceps/Abs/Push Ups (Light lifting, 15 reps and 4 sets)

Saturday - Rest and 20 Push ups every hour (I try to do 100-200 push ups a day)
Sunday - Full rest

Dinner - 8:30pm

Poultry (Chicken or Ground Turkey) or Fish (Double my normal portion) or
I eat a lot of Vegan meat (Boco and Morning Star)
Brown Rice or Pasta
Small bowl of Spinach Salad
Vegetables
Baked Potato
Bowl of Cereal
Yogurt
1 Protien Shake
1 32 oz of Powerade
Water

Any advice to how I should maintain my weight and go about working out during my fasting? I am open to any pros and cons...Thanks

Last edited:
Scott Herman on youtube. I follow his routines and it works.
Dude seems like the ultimate douche, but yeah I watch his videos.

^

To the guy about fasting, man must be hard for you guys. My boy is fasting too and he says he has no energy to play ball at the same level as usual. I could only imagine how hard lifting would be. Nutrition is key, and if you dont get that during the day, especially after your wokouts, I feel it would be a waste. You're muscles dont grow while you work out, its the rest stage after.

Sorry Brah, but this is one of the dumbest post I have ever read. Please educate yourself on what a steroid is

why is everyone getting mad? I didn't say it was steroids. I said I considered it as for to myself... Like how vegans wouldn't touch meat? I feel the same way about supplements... Its something I wouldn't take because I like to workout and refuel myself naturally. No offense to those who take it but I been working out for 3 years now without it. I'm reaching my goals and satisfied with the pace I'm going so why stop now?

I dont think he literally means steroids.

I think he just means that he wants to go all natural, and protein would be "like steroids".

Meh, just trying to defend duke.

Thank you.

its protein dude, its food in a powdered form :stoneface:

^

Some people want to go all natural, even though protein is natural.

One of my boys doesnt believe in taking all whey and all that, no supplements at all. He claims he wants to go "all naturale", even though he knows protein is natural. He's still big, but I feel he would get "better" or "faster" results if he just took some whey every now and then.

I know that nothing beats a good diet and good exercise, but since i am in ultra cut mode I am considering buying those OxyPro Elite fat burners. I normally do not like taking any supplements, I eat healthy, i drink natural green tea and only use ON whey protein...

However, If one was to want to experiment with such a supplement, would OxyPro Elite be the best one?
I talked to the dude at GNC but he was confusing, he seemed like he wasnt even sure what he was talking about. :smh:

Has anyone here tried them? Would you recommend them if you HAD to pick a fat burning pill. I can do without them, but i just want to know if i had to pick one would those be the best?

I was interested in OEP pre DMAA firestorm, when I was messing with fat burners, decided I was done with them.

Nothing an EC won't do for ya at a much cheaper rate

Last edited:
I know that nothing beats a good diet and good exercise, but since i am in ultra cut mode I am considering buying those OxyPro Elite fat burners. I normally do not like taking any supplements, I eat healthy, i drink natural green tea and only use ON whey protein...

However, If one was to want to experiment with such a supplement, would OxyPro Elite be the best one?
I talked to the dude at GNC but he was confusing, he seemed like he wasnt even sure what he was talking about. :smh:

Has anyone here tried them? Would you recommend them if you HAD to pick a fat burning pill. I can do without them, but i just want to know if i had to pick one would those be the best?

if you have a very good/strict diet for cutting then you wouldnt even need a fat burner

^

Some people want to go all natural, even though protein is natural.

One of my boys doesnt believe in taking all whey and all that, no supplements at all. He claims he wants to go "all naturale", even though he knows protein is natural. He's still big, but I feel he would get "better" or "faster" results if he just took some whey every now and then.

you dont have to take whey protein its just convenient right after a workout. i only take a shake right after i workout, other than that i dont touch it :lol:

Just signed up me and the wife for a local gym. Any tips for losing my man breasts? I would like to slim down a few pounds.

^you're gonna have to start off doing a lot of running and body weight stuff. Keep your heart racing and don't rest much. It's gonna suck but it will pay off.

you need carbs man. just stay healthy and keep at it. bust your *** in the gym and your definition will come.
use "good carbs" to carb up before your work outs. Whole wheat, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice etc.
technically, the body doesnt NEED carbs, as the body can make its own glucose through nucleogenesis as I understand it. one can live just fine without direct carb intake

although yes, for strenuous physical activity, carbs definitely help.

^you're gonna have to start off doing a lot of running and body weight stuff. Keep your heart racing and don't rest much. It's gonna suck but it will pay off.

Thanks for the advice. My plan was to do alot of cardio with some weight training mixed in.

its not really random if its within the realm of what we are discussing, shrimpy.

*repost* i went to the gym today to find out about P/T and it just seems like too much money for me. Should i just asked random big guys at the gym to see if they would train me and maybe i won't

have to cough up that much money?? Hit me up on PM for ideas

I was interested in OEP pre DMAA firestorm, when I was messing with fat burners, decided I was done with them.
Nothing an EC won't do for ya at a much cheaper rate

sorry for the ignorance, but what does EC stand for?

And i agree Zyzz, ive been all natural for years I don't really mess with any of that stuff like i said. Just wondering, if someone was going to use one of them which one would be best and why. Just as future reference.

Can you put Training Formula in Amino Energy together?? If you put Training Formula into Gatorade how you suppose to drink this mix??

I've been lifting for 9 months now, and my results are finally coming in. I used to weight 192 and I got down to 177. I usually take a protien shake after workout and eat 5-6 times a day.
Now that I am fasting for 30 days, (no food or water from sunrise to sunset), I've lost 4-5 pounds within 2 weeks. :smh: Now I am at 172.
My diet now for fasting:
Breakfast - 5 am
Bowl of fruits (1 Banana slice, 1 red apple slice, 5 large strawberries slice)
2 large scramble eggs with mushrooms, tomatoes and cheese
1 English Muffin
1-2 Chicken Sausage or 5 strips of Turkey Bacon
1 protien shake
1 bowl of cheese grits
3-4 bottle of water
Mon - Run a mile, Chest/Traps/Shoulder/Upper and Middle back/Abs/Push ups (Heavy lifting)
Tues - Run a mile, Legs/Lower back/Obliques/Brisk Walk Full Incline 16 mins (Heavy Lifting)
Wed - Run a mile, Biceps/Traps/Forearm/Triceps/Abs/Push Ups (Heavy Lifting)
Thurs - Run a mile, Legs/Core/Lower back/Obliques/Brisk Walk Full Incline 16 mins (Light lifting, 15 reps and 4 sets)
Friday - Run a mile, Chest/Shoulder/Back/Biceps/Traps/Triceps/Abs/Push Ups (Light lifting, 15 reps and 4 sets)
Saturday - Rest and 20 Push ups every hour (I try to do 100-200 push ups a day)
Sunday - Full rest
Dinner - 8:30pm
Poultry (Chicken or Ground Turkey) or Fish (Double my normal portion) or
I eat a lot of Vegan meat (Boco and Morning Star)
Brown Rice or Pasta
Small bowl of Spinach Salad
Vegetables
Baked Potato
Bowl of Cereal
Yogurt
1 Protien Shake
1 32 oz of Powerade
Water
Any advice to how I should maintain my weight and go about working out during my fasting? I am open to any pros and cons...Thanks

Stop running.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone posted but there is a 10% coupon (SKROCKS) at http://www.supplementkingdom.com. They got some pretty good deals. I used it to buy 12 lbs of ON whey. No, I don't work for them. Just passing to info forward. Not sure when it expires.

Back
Top Bottom