STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

E everysingletime

Please stop with the curse!

It's not in his control anymore

about time to give up Crossfit don't you think.

it sucks because I was just starting to get in to it, now i have no mentor.... o well back to Bodybuilding i go

get well soon tho.

Hope it's not karma for making the Amel shirts :nerd:.....

That wasn't crossfit..that was me being hardheaded and doing the same movement back to back. The 2nd day I tried to go for a 90% push press, when the coach told me to not do the same isolated movement he next day of my programming. :lol:

Don't let that terrible man rustle your jimmies breh

You have enough to worry about [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

Last edited:
Hope it's not severe marmour. I agree get a few other options/opinions first. Wishing you the best

I feel terrible. I wish I could control this curse.

Marmourjr [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
About time you finally admitted to being one.

All the weightlifting I do, but the thing that ends up killing my back is putting up the Xmas tree [emoji]128557[/emoji]

My back is on fire

Need some help please.

I am after a pedometer I can attach to my shoe whilst I'm on the cross trainer/elliptical trainer. (Not a watch etc as It won't track as it should as I'm mostly.moving my legs not arms)

Needs to track steps, calories and the rest I'll take it or leave it.

It has to be able to sync with my phone/via a app to see data.

Looking for the cheapest one, don't wanna spend much.

Iv found the "Oregon Scientific Marathon Pedometer"
And will prob get it if I can find out if it can be used with a app.

Last edited:
When did you guys notice you're biggest leg size gains?

Squatting everyday, heavy but lower reps?
Squatting everyday, medium weight higher reps?
Squatting less frequently but heavy fewer reps? Squatting less frequently, medium weight and higher reps?
Doing more leg machine stuff?

Curious what triggered everyone's growth. Been doing more leg machines myself.

Squatting less frequently but heavy fewer reps? Squatting less frequently, medium weight and higher reps?

volume 

high reps squats. 8-12 reps. 

edit*

not everyday though lol. I usually hit legs twice a week. I'll pyramid up then drop set back down and do high reps when i got to the lower weights. this will kill your legs 
laugh.gif

then i go to the machines.

Last edited:
Y'all already know this but

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable".--Socrates

Y'all already know this but

"No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable".--Socrates

Its too cold outside tho

high reps squats. 8-12 reps. 

edit*

not everyday though lol. I usually hit legs twice a week. I'll pyramid up then drop set back down and do high reps when i got to the lower weights. this will kill your legs :lol:

then i go to the machines.

This. Warm up/stretch/foam roll and then pyramid squats (my working sets are 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 10, 12-15). Some days I'll drop the 6 rep set and try to push a couple heavy 3-4 rep sets.

If I'm not too gassed, I'll generally DL after (same rep scheme).

Then machines. Calf raises, leg extensions/curls, leg press, assisted squat machines, etc. Figure out your weak points and hit those first.

Always go to failure on machines and focus on contraction, pushing yourself is the only way you'll grow. And make sure eat enough the nights before/after leg day to ensure you have the energy you need to crush your lifts and rebuild.

Started hitting the gym again last friday... before the semester started my # were
BS: 295x5
DL:295x4
INCLINE DB: 85x8

As of last week:
BS: 225x6 for 3 sets
DL:225x4 for 3 sets
Incline DB: ???

Not bad for myself i must say considering the fact that i only hit the gym once or twice every other week. I gained a lot of fat annnnnd flab.

I normally dont hit flat bench (barbell and db) only when i try to test my strength. When i do, my max would be about 225x1. but i think i might add that in this weekend since my last exam is thursday. Perfect timing for me to release this school stress. On top of that ive been feeling insecure about my body lately hahaha

I hit lower (squats and dl) twice a week. Started seeing quad development when I stepped up my volume and added in accessories.

day 1 heavy.
warmup - bar x 15, 135 2x8, 185x6, 225x3, 245x3
working set - 3x6 at 75-85% of my 1RM -
pause reps - 3x3 5-15lbs up from my working set
accessories - hamstring curls, leg extensions 4x12

day 2 high rep
warmup - same as heavy
working set - 4x8 about 15lbs lighter than heavy day
pause reps - 3x3 of my heavy squat day working set
accessories - hamstring curls, leg extensions 4x12

Squat 3-5 sets of 8-10 reps in the 70% range and your legs willl grow, follow it up with sets of 15 on leg press/extensions.

Just hit 255lbs for 4 sets of 8 on squats. Was real hard for me.

Road to 495lb deadlift and 405 squat. We back on it. I want to be able to properly squat 405 for 1 rep before i turn 30 years old in august. I pulled 465 dealift for 2 the other week so im feeling good about the deadlift goal. But my top squat set was multiple months ago 370lb for 2. Its a big jump to try to make 405 and i did try it last year and got up and down but did not hit the depth I wanted.

Got to put some weight on. Now that soccer is over i am around 175lbs. Want to get up to 185 ish

Don't count if y'all not breaking parallel. Doesn't have to be ATG

I don't want to see y'all feature on QuaterSqaut Gang IG :lol:

Squat 3-5 sets of 8-10 reps in the 70% range and your legs willl grow, follow it up with sets of 15 on leg press/extensions.
and would that be a wrap for leg day?  Just hit legs this morning and looking to switch up my routine a little.

Back
Top Bottom