STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

How are y'all measuring the amount of calories y'all burning??
I know you lose weight by calories in and calories out. It's easy to measure your calories in through MFp...but how about calories out? How many cals do I burn by doing da bench press ?
Don't really count what I burn. Eat more when I lift harder.

PR DAY!

Worked up to 435 x 3 Deadlift.

Feels good. :*)
Good stuff homie.

I know you lose weight by calories in and calories out. It's easy to measure your calories in through MFp...but how about calories out? How many cals do I burn by doing da bench press ?

I think like fit bits right?
Can't they tell you how many calories your burn in a day?

My issue has always been finding my caloric maintenance. I feel like i can eat between 1400 and 3000 a day and maintain weight. But to lose weight im always feeling like i starving and to gain weight i have to literally eat 2 more full meals a day.

I have an Apple Watch. I doubt it measures calories burned accurately. But it's a good motivator to talk trash w my homies to hit daily goals lol

Friday's are my days off
Yesterday was a light day for me, wasn't too motivated..long day
I'm going ham tomorrow morning though. Going in there on an empty stomach and 2 scoops of C4
Gonna do legs, shoulders abs and finish up with cardio.

Has anyone taken a hydrostatic body fat test? What's the average price?

Never done that but I have taken a body test with a machine called "InBody 520" 2 years ago

At that time I was 6'5 239. This was before I stared hitting a REAL gym.
According to the results I was
I was 16.5% BF (39.5lbs)
199 lbs in lean body mass
146lbs total body water (91 lbs intracellular water and 55lbs extracellular water)

Snowing in BX. About to go hit chest real quick. Gonna do a crazy heavy volume day. Seeing how my body can do with only 1 rest day a week.

2 more week's before my mini cut.

Has anyone taken a hydrostatic body fat test? What's the average price?

Never done that but I have taken a body test with a machine called "InBody 520" 2 years ago

I was 16.5% BF (39.5lbs)
146lbs total body water (91 lbs intracellular water and 55lbs extracellular water)
same. I use the one you stand on and hold sides. It has an error of .5-1 tho. At 185, it said I was 17% and 149 LBM.

Now I just gauge by looks. If I step on that scale it's only going to worsen my body dysmorphia

I know it's been said that you can't lose fat in a specific area...but anyone got any good butt workouts? No matter how much I squat, I can't feel it in my *** (pause). I think 50% of my body fat is in my ***. I need to tackle this quick before summertime come. I ain't trynna be out here doing walk away videos giving Delishis a run for her money, B

I'm ok with 1% error, I'm not competing or anything, just want a gauge for where I am at. :lol:

Did your guy's gyms have those machines? Or where did you go?

I know it's been said that you can't lose fat in a specific area...but anyone got any good butt workouts? No matter how much I squat, I can't feel it in my *** (pause). I think 50% of my body fat is in my ***. I need to tackle this quick before summertime come. I ain't trynna be out here doing walk away videos giving Delishis a run for her money, B
Stairmaster/Stairmill

I was 16.5% BF (39.5lbs)

16.5% seems low

Back/Chest today.

DL

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5
495x4
515x3
465x4
405x5

Pulling strength just wasn't there today, wanted to do much more volume but my hips were still not recovered from my squat PR two days ago.

Everything felt really heavy but we all have those days, not going to make any excuses and I will make sure I hit my next DL workout with more intensity.

Incline DB bench.

75x6
90x8
110x7x2
105x7x2
90x10
90x8

At least volume felt great on my chest, pushing strength has been going up every workout consistently in work capacity and overall strength.

DB back rows.

130x10x4

Hammer Strength Incline Bro Press.

315x10x3
315x8

Hammer Strength Iso Lat Pulldown

275x10x3

DB Chest Fly

60x10x3

Close Grip Lat Pulldown

220x10
200x10x2
180x12
140x20

Last two was a drop set, crazy back pump after that.

Finished with the usual accessory and arm work.

All in all satisfied with my work today especially considering I felt pretty beat up and sluggish before I even got to the gym.

Nutrition was **** yesterday, besides eggs I basically just ate cookies and cereal all day while I was working on a project. :lol: :smh:

No regrets because it was delicious and sometimes you need those days but it definitely affected me in the gym.

Last edited:

Pics?

Does MCT oil work? I've been using it for about a week
Research says "not effective" but one of my body building instructors swears by it. It's safe at recommended doses so no harm in testing it out.

There is a source online called the Compendium of Physical Activities Tracking Guide. It lists thousands of daily activities into intensities called METs. For instance, weight lifting is an intensity of 6 METs. How do you find the caloric equivalent of that? Multiply your body weight in kilograms times the MET intensity times the number of hours you are doing that exercise. So if I weigh 90 kilograms and I lift weights for two hours (90x6x2) I will burn about a thousand calories. (Most people have a significant amount of rest time in between sets and all that, but I'm just using these numbers as an example)

I'm ok with 1% error, I'm not competing or anything, just want a gauge for where I am at. :lol:

Did your guy's gyms have those machines? Or where did you go?

Hydrostatic (underwater) weighing is cheap. It's like $50 per session usually. It has an error rate of plus or minus 2.7%

Bio electric impedance (which is the one soundview was talking about) has an error rate of plus or minus 3.5%

Just finished chest.

FitNotes Workout - Friday 10th March 2017

** Bench Press **
- 305.0 lbs x 1 rep
- 270.0 lbs x 5 reps
- 270.0 lbs x 5 reps
- 270.0 lbs x 5 reps
- 230.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 220.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 210.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 200.0 lbs x 10 reps

** Incline Bench Press **
- 260.0 lbs x 1 rep
- 235.0 lbs x 3 reps
- 235.0 lbs x 3 reps
- 235.0 lbs x 3 reps
- 235.0 lbs x 3 reps
- 205.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 185.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 175.0 lbs x 10 reps

** Incline Dumbbell Press **
- 100.0 lbs x 6 reps
- 90.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 80.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 70.0 lbs x 10 reps

** Flat Hammer Strength Chest Press **
- 245.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 225.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 225.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 205.0 lbs x 12 reps

** Flat Dumbbell Fly **
- 25.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 30.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 30.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 30.0 lbs x 10 reps

** Weighted Dips **
- 10 reps
- 10 reps
- 10 reps
- 10 reps

** Decline Cable Fly **
- 50.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 60.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 60.0 lbs x 10 reps
- 60.0 lbs x 10 reps

Hydrostatic (underwater) weighing is cheap. It's like $50 per session usually. It has an error rate of plus or minus 2.7%

Bio electric impedance (which is the one soundview was talking about) has an error rate of plus or minus 3.5%
When I looked it up it said 0.5-1. Thanks for clarification. I definitely wasn't 17%. I was about 15%.

Back
Top Bottom