STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Wouldn't recommend metcons for any activity involving hard landings. Cushioning is trash that's due to the fact that the setup is a just a drop in insole like the Kobes have been for a while. But the insole is a dense foam, I don't think it's lunarlon.

But essentially if you enjoy not having shin splints or broke feet, get something with some cushion.

Not sure I agree, here's why. Of you buy shoes with additional cushion,you're giving you're giving your foot and leg muscles this false sense of security. With flat, or hard cushioned, sneakers, the idea is to get your foot and leg muscles developed so that they can handle the loads and forces placed on them through a workout.

Additionally, if you're doing calisthenics, and he's doing a lot of jumping and landing,you want your foot to be on a stable and firm sole,not something that's cushioned. Think of landing on your actual foot versus landing on a pillow. I trust landing on my foot over on a pillow any day.

Hope this helps.

I'm going to the fair tomorrow and may demolish a Krispy Kreme hamburger, yes you read that right. Also a red velvet funnel cake.

Eddie is a monster, one of my favorite lifters.

Krispy Kreme hamburger is way better than I thought it would be. Much delicious. I swear I felt my arteries clogging with every bite though.

Krispy Kreme hamburger is way better than I thought it would be. Much delicious. I swear I felt my arteries clogging with every bite though.

Im going to feel the same way probably :lol:

I'll get some pics hopefully but you guys can't tell Sound cause he is helping me cut weight right now and he will kill me when he finds out :lol:

Also Ive never been a big fan of Zyzz (RIP), but I thought he kind of made the whole aesthetic movement look like just a bunch of douchebags who took their shirts off at every moment. Would love to be shredded like that though.

Metcons good for agility training? latter drills, box jumps, sprints, etc.?

yes and no, it really depends on which model of the metcon you’re looking into. i have a few pairs of metcon 1s and 2s, and they’re good for short training sessions. i have somewhat flat feet and after a long workout my feet are killing me. i’ve heard the metcon DSX (flyknit) is a lot better than the regular, even the 3. I also know a few people who have the metcon report whonsay they’re a lot better.

I felt barefooted running shoes made my overall calves and feet way stronger.. but i just had a big ole greasy burger from five guys man that burger was good asf with the fries

Last edited:
yes and no, it really depends on which model of the metcon you’re looking into. i have a few pairs of metcon 1s and 2s, and they’re good for short training sessions. i have somewhat flat feet and after a long workout my feet are killing me. i’ve heard the metcon DSX (flyknit) is a lot better than the regular, even the 3. I also know a few people who have the metcon report whonsay they’re a lot better.
Good lookin out man.

I felt barefooted running shoes made my overall calves and feet way stronger.. but i just had a big ole greasy burger from five guys man that burger was good asf with the fries

Never been to In & Out so Five Guys is the goat for me at the moment.

Always remember these videos when I think of Five Guys :lol::sick:

Skip to 19:00

Last edited:
Sprinting partner injured himself last training session. Been out 2 weeks. I try to do some by myself but the effect of a partner makes it a bit more competitive and bit more motivational. It's hard to break that mental barrier where I can go all out just by myself.

Not sure I agree, here's why. Of you buy shoes with additional cushion,you're giving you're giving your foot and leg muscles this false sense of security. With flat, or hard cushioned, sneakers, the idea is to get your foot and leg muscles developed so that they can handle the loads and forces placed on them through a workout.

Additionally, if you're doing calisthenics, and he's doing a lot of jumping and landing,you want your foot to be on a stable and firm sole,not something that's cushioned. Think of landing on your actual foot versus landing on a pillow. I trust landing on my foot over on a pillow any day.

Hope this helps.

I understand what you're saying. I'm not talking about a shoe that has Air Max or thick Boost in it when I say "more cushion".

I mean something with a little zoom bag/pod or some softer foam. Metcons, to me, are too hard.

Have you tried putting insoles in your metcons? I’m also flat footed. I have the 3’s and the flyknit 3’s and both of them kill my feet unless I have my insoles in them.

Never been to In & Out so Five Guys is the goat for me at the moment.

Always remember these videos when I think of Five Guys :lol::sick:

Skip to 19:00

In and out is a hit or miss in my opinion. All the cali locations in my experience were good. I tried them in other states such as Texas and it was trash. In and out fries are trash. Five guys Cajun fries are excellent especially when they overfill that joint and the fries fall to the bottom of the bag. I tried Steak 'n Shake in Dallas a couple months ago,and it was pretty on point. It reminded of Waffle House for some reason lol.

In and out is a hit or miss in my opinion. All the cali locations in my experience were good. I tried them in other states such as Texas and it was trash. In and out fries are trash. Five guys Cajun fries are excellent especially when they overfill that joint and the fries fall to the bottom of the bag. I tried Steak 'n Shake in Dallas a couple months ago,and it was pretty on point. It reminded of Waffle House for some reason lol.

If the five guys don’t dump extra fries straight into the bag after they already put the cup of fries in there, theyre doing it wrong. Steak ‘n Shake is alright to me nothing spectacular

Maybe I'll give In n out another try if I go to Cali...the only one I went to was in Texas and I thought it was trash. I wonder how the one in Vegas compares though

Steak 'n Shake is nasty to me but shakes are on point. Chick Fil A got the bomb shakes

Hit some DL today. Tryna get back consistent with it, routine been a Lil messy past several weeks.

Worked up to 405x3x3 felt good

Hit 4x12 on accessory work. Dropped the weight a Lil, need a change in the routine somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom