STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

For me I try to stay at or under 100 grams of carbs a day. The majority coming from oatmeal at breakfast. Then some in vegetables, I try to stay away from breads and anything white. 

Rest day today. Felt good, my quads are still sore from Sunday.

Back at it tomorrow.

CANT WAIT

Last edited:
After a deload week last week hit chest & tri's yesterday pretty hard. Felt good. Boobs are sore. Was gonna do some heavy deadlifts today but i slept on my neck funny last night & its still killing me. Sucks so i took it easy on the deads & the rest of my back/bi workout today. I was butt hurt to say the least. Off day tomorrow then legs on thursday.

This flavor is disgusting, I shouldve stuck with the Banana
mean.gif

Any suggestions what to mix it with?
I would suggest buying whey and casein separately.  Toss in milk if you want the extra sugar/fat.

As for consumer reports...I usually take their stuff with a grain of salt.  They did a bad write up on whey protein as well which Jim Stoppani completely debunked and slammed.

you srs?

I bought it a couple months ago, never took more than 4 scoops because it was disgusting...should I really toss it out?

It's really up to you.

I used to mess with muscle milk till I heard about what it contains and I IMMEDIATELY tossed it out.

:lol:

Last edited:
I would suggest buying whey and casein separately.  Toss in milk if you want the extra sugar/fat.

As for consumer reports...I usually take their stuff with a grain of salt.  They did a bad write up on whey protein as well which Jim Stoppani completely debunked and slammed.

Still ain't gonna mess with it anymore.

Last edited:

Still ain't gonna mess with it anymore.
I concur (regarding Muscle Milk).

Just saying, I don't take anything Consumer Reports says to the bank.

any suggestions for the core?

i used to be have that steve nash esque type core... couldnt knock me off balance...

now its flab... how do i get that lower stomach, high pelvis pudge out the way?

any suggestions for the core?

i used to be have that steve nash esque type core... couldnt knock me off balance...

now its flab... how do i get that lower stomach, high pelvis pudge out the way?

You can do some ab routines to tone up but for visibility, diet is the key. Lower your calories, specifically your carbs. Moderate exercise will help too.

i'm losing weight, what that mean, i'm actually trying to bulk. it's like my 3rd month full time at the gym, should i be losing weight? i do notice my aesthetics looking a lot better so i'm assuming it's working.

my daily meal looks something like this ~ light lunch(like a chicken roll), protein shake, lots of water in between, clif protein bar, dinner(800-1100cal), sleep. on days that i go to the gym, i just add in 3 eggs, a chobani yogurt, and sometimes a banana. i'm 5'9 145, should i be eating a lot more?

Set a PR today on leg press and squats. I'm one of those dudes who goes alllll the way down so this makes me happy. :]

iLLest!

Be careful on going all the way down. I went all the way down heavy once and messed up my back pretty bad cause my butt came off the seat. These days if I even do it I keep it at a 90 degree angle.

Set a PR today on leg press and squats. I'm one of those dudes who goes alllll the way down so this makes me happy. :]

iLLest!

Well going all the way down involves glutes as well. When I do leg press I like to do it for my quads. Also, going all the way down hurts my knees a bit so I stay at 90 degrees or a little past it.

Very true regarding the leg press.  Going all the way down has its benefits if you want to recruit your glutes into the move, but you can still do an effective leg press by putting most of the stress on your quads.

Yo, I need some good chest exercises...

I'm tired of the same Bar and DB flat press, incline press, decline press, flyers

Anything else I can do...Starting to get boring after doing it for a year now...
nerd.gif
Anybody? 

I'm tired of the same Bar and DB flat press, incline press, decline press, flyers

Anything else I can do...Starting to get boring after doing it for a year now...:nerd:

Anybody? 
Dips are good. Weighted vest or a dip belt if you want to make 'em more difficult. Try drop sets. You may just need something that will shock your muscles.

I also like incline cable flyes. Set the pulleys low, incline bench in the middle.

Anything else I can do...Starting to get boring after doing it for a year now...:nerd:

Anybody? 

Truthfully, you need to re-evaluate your mental approach to exercise.

If youre bored with those exercises then any suggestion someone gives you will wind up being boring to you too.

There arent many "movements" to exercise, and if one of them is boring the rest will be boring. Its like when someone says theyre bored with bicep curls and need something else. Every bicep exercise is the same motion, just with a different variable. (type of weight, angle, etc.)

Anybody? 

If youre bored with those exercises then any suggestion someone gives you will wind up being boring to you too.

There arent many "movements" to exercise, and if one of them is boring the rest will be boring. Its like when someone says theyre bored with bicep curls and need something else. Every bicep exercise is the same motion, just with a different variable. (type of weight, angle, etc.)

Indeed. Every body part has a simple range of motion, and it's in that range that you're able to operate. Each piece can really only be broken down into 1-2 basic movements as Durden said, and then subtle variations.

Arm day.

Dips are good. Weighted vest or a dip belt if you want to make 'em more difficult. Try drop sets. You may just need something that will shock your muscles.

I also like incline cable flyes. Set the pulleys low, incline bench in the middle.
Thanks! I will do this starting next week. Just wanted to change up what I am used to doing, that's all.
nthat.gif

Last edited:

All I was asking is something else to do for the chest. I wanted examples/samples of something else that you guys are doing for the chest.
laugh.gif

I was told that you have to change your workout to shock your muscles for each muscle group. I've been doing the exact thing for my chest for a year and some change now. Time for a change.

However, thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom