STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

All I was asking is something else to do for the chest. I wanted examples/samples of something else that you guys are doing for the chest.
laugh.gif

I was told that you have to change your workout to shock your muscles for each muscle group. I've been doing the exact thing for my chest for a year and some change now. Time for a change.

However, thanks for the info.
Super sets & drop sets are the nicey with chest. 

I'm at the point now where pull-ups is one of my favorite exercises. On back day, that's what I start with. And just do as many as I can until I decide to move on. Then it's usually to bent over rows. By that time, my lats are burning!

I figured as much, marmourjr.  Different methods in general will help to take your workouts to the next level.  Going really slow on the negative part of the movement is another great one.
I'm at the point now where pull-ups is one of my favorite exercises. On back day, that's what I start with. And just do as many as I can until I decide to move on. Then it's usually to bent over rows. By that time, my lats are burning!
That's what I did yesterday.  Total lat annihilation.  Felt amazing.

Adding some mushrooms into my diet.  Very filling and helping to make up for the lack of carbs.  Back to enjoying the nutrition part of my meals again.  Feel like a switch has been flipped.

Shoulders later after work with some HIIT cardio.

any suggestions for the core?

i used to be have that steve nash esque type core... couldnt knock me off balance...

now its flab... how do i get that lower stomach, high pelvis pudge out the way?
 Reverse crunches

Throw in some burpee pullups!!

Throw in some burpee pullups!!
Now you just reminded me of something I love and hate at the same time.  Lol.

Gonna start incorporating those again.  They're no joke.

Truthfully, you need to re-evaluate your mental approach to exercise.

If youre bored with those exercises then any suggestion someone gives you will wind up being boring to you too.

There arent many "movements" to exercise, and if one of them is boring the rest will be boring. Its like when someone says theyre bored with bicep curls and need something else. Every bicep exercise is the same motion, just with a different variable. (type of weight, angle, etc.)

All I was asking is something else to do for the chest. I wanted examples/samples of something else that you guys are doing for the chest.:lol:

I was told that you have to change your workout to shock your muscles for each muscle group. I've been doing the exact thing for my chest for a year and some change now. Time for a change.

However, thanks for the info.

The "shock the muscles" thing is misconstrued though. There just needs to be an overload stimulus to see changes. That can be done by changing any variable such as the number of reps, number of sets, order of exercises, etc.

yeah im like that as well, always start my back routine with pull ups. i feel like they warm me up for the heavy stuff.

did the MFT28 back work out today, well most of it....some things i couldnt do at my gym.
i got to say its insane and i love it, came out of there feeling damn good.

Used to always do those. They will get you RIGHT.

I would do it like this.

Burpee
10 Pullups
Burpee
9 Pullups
Burpee
8 Pullups

Down to 0
I do burpee, pullup, burpee, pullup, etc...

Usually gets incorporated somehow into our WODs at crossfit. Yesterday was max reps hang power cleans (95 lbs) with 3 burpee pullups at the top of every minute, for 10 minutes.

Im about to hit a crossfit level 3 class then Body weight class right after on saturday with this chick im trying to smang

I'm in pretty decent shape fwiw, but will i get my *** worked or no? Shes a regular so I'm hoping I can hang. If anything, the altitude might get to me first (Denver)

anything I can do to prepare?? What does a level 3 class usually entail? :lol:

Or am I SOL?

Im about to hit a crossfit level 3 class then Body weight class right after on saturday with this chick im trying to smang

I'm in pretty decent shape fwiw, but will i get my *** worked or no? Shes a regular so I'm hoping I can hang. If anything, the altitude might get to me first (Denver)

Or am I SOL?

awwww ****, dont get embarrassed bro. lmaooo. That can end badly. Alt in Denver isn't too bad. The city is built like a valley, so it's really mild, imo. If she's a regular and you're a newbie...yea those biscuits might get burnt. Try and hang in there. By any means, avoid collapsing in the ftal position in the corner of the room. Fitness Yambs hate that.

Weighed in this morning and I'm up 10lbs in 7.5 weeks...had me doing the carlton dance.

Any tips on breaking through a plateau, specifically for incline bench preses (dumbbells)...Can't get above 60lbs to save my life :smh:

Or am I SOL?

Check this out. This is a pretty good breakdown:

http://www.crossfitseattle.com/Skill Levels 1-IV spreadsheet.pdf

I was gonna cop that Synth 6 for the stash but the profile is terrible, like a damn chic fil a shake. smh 80+ more calories than what I currently use and 50 of those is from fat, and only 22g of protein smh

awwww ****, dont get embarrassed bro. lmaooo. That can end badly. Alt in Denver isn't too bad. The city is built like a valley, so it's really mild, imo. If she's a regular and you're a newbie...yea those biscuits might get burnt. Try and hang in there. By any means, avoid collapsing in the ftal position in the corner of the room. Fitness Yambs hate that.

:lol:

Ok, I probably understated my fitness level as I would be defintely be a level 4 in some cateogories but a 3 in some others.

I lift often, I just dont do olympic lifts or bodyweight stuff. Last time I did that was when I was playing football in college like 3 yrs ago :lol:

I guess im more concerned with the body weight stuff and altitude combination.

I'm just gonna make sure I stretch right the next couple days cause I am determiend to make crossfit look like lightwork for an experienced/educated lifter.

:lol:

Ok, I probably understated my fitness level as I would be defintely be a level 4 in some cateogories but a 3 in some others.

I lift often, I just dont do olympic lifts or bodyweight stuff. Last time I did that was when I was playing football in college like 3 yrs ago :lol:

I guess im more concerned with the body weight stuff and altitude combination.

I'm just gonna make sure I stretch right the next couple days cause I am determiend to make crossfit look like lightwork for an experienced/educated lifter.

i hope you do well, but just make sure you prepare yourself.. because even good/advanced/elite athletes have a tough time with crossfit.. especially if she's a regular, and you're a newbie.. people at crossfit get killed every day in the WOD (workout of the day), whether they are new or have been there for a while

i want to know if you survived and what you thought of it.. besides the breakdown you got... not sure about that man... cause every day, crossfit is different, you get a different WOD every day, never the same, unless it's a benchmark work out (which means that regulars go even more insane, because they want to beat their previous time), and every gym is different. so it is hard to determine what you will do. so the breakdown doesnt really say much about fitness levels.

and your experience and education will not always be good at crossfit.. not downplaying what you know, but at crossfit they teach you differently from a regular gym. you use your hips, and your core a lot more than at a gym..

but i hope you'll let us know what happened with the workout..

Last edited:
I was gonna cop that Synth 6 for the stash but the profile is terrible, like a damn chic fil a shake. smh 80+ more calories than what I currently use and 50 of those is from fat, and only 22g of protein smh

Copped, it can fit my macros most days. Bb.com or ON when it can't.

Back
Top Bottom