STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Gear lifting is wack.

None of that stuff is gonna make you stronger.

Throw on some lifting shoes and a belt if you want but anything else is doing too much unless you’re putting up real numbers.

No need to laugh at those 2 guys because they're only pressing 2 plates. Those 2 plates to them might feel like 3 to someone else. They're still overloading their muscles if they perform the exercise properly. Weight is relative man

No need to laugh at those 3 guys because they're barely pressing 2 plates. Those 2 plates to them might feel like 3 to someone else. They're still overloading their muscles if they perform the exercise properly. Weight is relative man

What muscles?

If you cannot put up two plates without a Slingshot and a liftoff, perhaps you should focus more on compounds and less on your "chest day"?

Weight is actually not relative, strength is. All 45's weigh roughly the same amount (of weight). The ability someone has to move said plates is relative compared to someone else.

What muscles?

If you cannot put up two plates without a Slingshot and a liftoff, perhaps you should focus more on compounds and less on your "chest day"?

Weight is actually not relative, strength is. All 45's weigh roughly the same amount (of weight). The ability someone has to move said plates is relative compared to someone else.

Y'all going in circles throwing my brain off.

Gear lifting is wack.

None of that stuff is gonna make you stronger.

Throw on some lifting shoes and a belt if you want but anything else is doing too much unless you’re putting up real numbers.

I agree with you that geared lifting is wack but a SS is just an accessory for overloading like boards for board pressing or chains. All of those can definitely help you get stronger.

What are "real" numbers though? So many variables come in to play when we start talking about what numbers qualify as being impressive, except for obvious ones like squatting a grand, benching over 600, deadlifting over 800 etc.

I remember upsetting a bunch of people in here when I said absolute strength is more impressive than relative strength.

Just saying if you need wrist wraps to bench 175 or sleeves to squat 275 you probably got some things you need to be addressing.

Yeah absolute strength is more impressive. I can dl 515. I know a girl who can squat that for a double at my gym. :lol: I ain’t ****

m boiz m boiz

Anyone hitting the fit expo in San Diego this weekend. Think I might go and get some motivation lol

Would probably **** my pants if I saw a chick lifting that much in person. It’s one chick at my gym that’s pretty strong but I know she ain’t cracking 500 lol. She can probably squat 405 plus though

Lol i can bench at least tree fiddy...i still like to wear wraps. A lot of it is a mental sense of security. Just like having a spot not touching the bar!

Would probably **** my pants if I saw a chick lifting that much in person. It’s one chick at my gym that’s pretty strong but I know she ain’t cracking 500 lol. She can probably squat 405 plus though

Miss_amanda_ann on ig. She’s strong af.

edit: weird question

The Gold's nearest to me always has blood all over the place in the bathroom esp the toilet and IDk why

Worked a spartan race gig and had the pull up bar on deck. Had a 300lber hit 15 and an OG 60+yr old hit 18 ... Full ext no swing.
OG was military and burly cat was a Mex 14 banger. Record was 33 from some coast guard ripped dude but the gpa and fat dude were far more impressive

Beast mode/wood cuff. Ole girl totaling more than most dudes out here.:rofl::smh:

Brb benching 2 plates without a Slingshot. Brb actually deadlifts. Brb squats more than most girls total. Brb brb...
Not gon lie. Was surprised she looked how she looked. Most woman I’ve seen that lift heavy *** weight look like left guards.

Even girls who lift don’t care about guys with muscles

WAIt for it....

When you listen to people who said if u lift you won’t look manly...

That Amanda chick is strong af. For as built as she is, she’s still cute too.

Bench press and OHP feeling real good. Just started my 4th week of my own program using RPE for the first time. I love it. I’m performing volume at higher average intensities and I’m pushing myself harder than I ever have. This wee falls for over 100 reps of BP and over 90 on OHP. Few months ago I would have probably totaled 60 reps max between both lifts. Feels good. Can’t wait to see where I am by years end.

Also, I hope to start squatting soon. If not tonight then I’ll be back on it tomorrow. Gonna start with 135 and just groove a few sets of 10. Same with deadlift. Not sure if I mentioned it in here or not, but the last few months I’ve had knee pain across both knees during/following lower body lifts along side right hip pain when I walk (I’m thinking that was probably IT band syndrome). Took some time off of lower body (probably not the best idea but still) and been seeing a PT. Working on ankle mobility which has plagued me for years, and a host of other things.

H o w do you new dads do it. I can't even think about working out.....
Im barely eager to eat chicken breast. I want whatever i can scarf down in under 2 mins.
Im so tired.
P90x. Still popular?

Back
Top Bottom