STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Isn't weight lifting in and of itself though a personal battle? If dudes want to gear lift to obtain goals they set thats on them as is any real lift? I say this because i can't bench 2 plates :lol:. I can pull 465 and squat 365 but my bench is complete trash. But it is a goal one day to bench 225 for more then 1 rep perhaps. And if i had to get a slingshot or wrist wraps to do that...i think i could see myself being that guy.

Im sure people laughed at me when i was trying to work to a 405lb squat doing the candito routine. I would be nodding my head mouthing rap lyrics trying to get psyched up because i had to squat 295 for 8 reps. Like to some thats nothing...to me it was a death wish. But after i did it...i felt amazing and really good about myself

Isn't weight lifting in and of itself though a personal battle? If dudes want to gear lift to obtain goals they set thats on them as is any real lift? I say this because i can't bench 2 plates :lol:. I can pull 465 and squat 365 but my bench is complete trash. But it is a goal one day to bench 225 for more then 1 rep perhaps. And if i had to get a slingshot or wrist wraps to do that...i think i could see myself being that guy.

Im sure people laughed at me when i was trying to work to a 405lb squat doing the candito routine. I would be nodding my head mouthing rap lyrics trying to get psyched up because i had to squat 295 for 8 reps. Like to some thats nothing...to me it was a death wish. But after i did it...i felt amazing and really good about myself
People need to realize not everyone is in there for “bro” reason. People rehabbing, starting in general, etc. No need to judge

Im trying to better at this.
It’ll get there. I was horrible with this at college. Now I realize not everyone is in there to “get jacked”. Like exercise is legit mental therapy for a lot of people, myself included. Only judgment I have are on the “bro” lifters destroying their bodies doing ridiculous things completely incorrectly chugging pre workout the entire time and spending half the time on the phone. There’s no excuse for that. They have all the health and resources available and choose to go that route

Last edited:
It’ll get there. I was horrible with this at college. Now I realize not every is in there to “get jacked”. Like exercise is legit mental therapy for a lot of people, myself included. Only judgment I have are on the “bro” lifters destroying their bodies doing ridiculous things completely incorrectly chugging pre workout the entire time and spending half the time on the phone. There’s no excuse for that. They have all the health and resources available and choose to go that route

I think we should all just get along, from the powerlifters to the bros to the girls and crossfitters.

E59189CC-207B-435C-B8E1-3A3929908616.jpeg
0746F072-3911-4BA3-8DFD-E7FCE36A873A.jpeg
My volt romaleos came in and put some paint to these. Should have took my time and they would have came out cleaner

Last edited:

Basically mind your own damn business and worry about your own routine. For some big muscly dudes ya'll watch and gossip too much.

off topic but my biggest fear when skating (not hokey specifically) is falling down and someone skating over my fingers

off topic but my biggest fear when skating (not hokey specifically) is falling down and someone skating over my fingers
Yup.

Use to skate like once or 2 twice a week as a kid during the summer as a kid.

Straight balled up fists whenever I bust my ***.

I usually have my hoodie or hat covering my vision anyway. Don’t need to be looking around the gym getting distracted. Focus on myself and get in and out.

My gym is always dead and most people are seniors so I don't see many distracting things. I love never having to wait to use something and being able to superset very easily.

Whats your bodyweight and current 1rm for bench if you dont mind me asking. Kinda crazy you're pulling those numbers but your bench is so far behind.

I think we should all just get along, from the powerlifters to the bros to the girls and crossfitters.

Hmmm......... agreed

Agreed for all except the crossfitters. They can goto hell.

only semisrs :lol: :nerd:

Saw the video. Basically he advocates training to failure instead of a fixed set of sets and reps. Its personall not my style to train to failure on each set.

Just about everyone recommends this now.
If you like doing a fixed set adjust the weight so that fixed set is actually failure. You can do 50 lbs for 20 reps or you can try 70lbs and force yourself to 10 each time and thats failure.
Its quite as simple as that. Youre also cheating yourself doing it the former way if youre breezing through your workout and not sore.
Unless youre implementing time under tension (TMT)
Those 2 arenthe most effective in terms of body building. (Separated from cross fit styke and power lifting)

C4 Uktimate is something crazy. One sip and I feel like Methy Man.

I bought a tub for days I need to feel like a maniac. Usually come out with really good ideas for stuff too.

Back
Top Bottom