STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

So I've been intermittent fasting for about a month now and I love it, but I really miss the pumps in the gym. I only drink black coffee and water during my fasting hours.

What can I take to help with the pump? I know amino's are off limits and I train during my fasting window so... yeah...

So I've been intermittent fasting for about a month now and I love it, but I really miss the pumps in the gym. I only drink black coffee and water during my fasting hours.

What can I take to help with the pump? I know amino's are off limits and I train during my fasting window so... yeah...
You can take carbs to help with the pump :lol:

Gotta kind of live with it, you can shorten your intervals/rest time to raise intensity but carbs/glycogen are the keys to a pump.

Week 5, Day 4: 10:45AM workout

nSuns 5/3/1 - Day 4 (Deadlift/Front Squat 5/3/1 Day):
1. T2: Front Squat: w/u
1x5x115; 1x5x150; 3,5,7,4,6,8 @185
2. T1: Deadlift: w/u
1x5x320; 1x3x360; 1x1+ [3]x405; 1x1x455; 1x1x495; 1x1x565; 1x3x385; 1x3x360; 1x3x340; 1x3x320; 1x3x300; 1x3+ [3]x275;
3. Wide-Grip Pulldown 3x10
4. V-Bar Lat Pulldown 2x15
5. Single-Leg Press 3x12
6. Seated Cable Row 3x10
7. Rope Cable Crunches 3x12
8. Seated Calf Raise 3x20, 1x35

Summary: 38 working sets
Time: 2hrs, 19 mins.

Artificial sweeteners still spike your insulin tho or nah?

"When study participants drank sucralose, their blood sugar peaked at a higher level than when they drank only water before consuming glucose. Insulin levels also rose about 20 percent higher. So the artificial sweetener was related to an enhanced blood insulin and glucose response."

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/261179.php

stevia is alright for the most part
most bcaas are loaded with leucine (hella cheap) that makes your blood sugar spike

Multiple youtubers say it spikes your insulin.

Youtubers and fitness people are full of **** 99% of the time :lol:

Very, very few give honest, unbiased opinions especially when they are literally getting the products for free.

None of those pump products, BCAAs or all that other bull **** produce any kind of results that are worth paying for. Nothing beats hard work and good diet, except real AAS.

the only drinks you can drink while IF is water, black coffee, and green tea.
Yeah I am doing it, came into the convo late. I thought you guys were talking about using BCAA's and working out. Yeah IF I have black coffee with MCT oil in it and water. I get tired of plain water so I will use the crystallized lemon or real lemons cut up.

7E9UjWM.jpg

#DepthSzn

I’ve been doing IF to, just have coffee before a workout man. If that cup doesn’t give you enough pump your caffine tolerance is probably to high. I cut back on my caffine, once I get in there and start getting a good pump going and the blood flowin, that one cup is all I need.

anyone with calf issues or previous strains have any recommendation for the best sleeve to prevent another occurrence.

told y'all a month back how I ****ed mine up, stupid me, felt better but knew I wasn't ready went and played for a bit and it popped again.

this time gonna take awhile off, still gonna focus on lifting but damn... this **** sucks but thats what happens when you're stupid

Back
Top Bottom