STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Trying to start a set workout plan for the days I do uppers. I wanna get bigger but not huge like I'm trying to be a bodybuilder, anyone have any tips or a workout that you could PM me, that'll basically help me get my shump on. Appreciate any help.
laugh.gif

I hate when people say this...
Agreed
mean.gif

I bet Shump doesn't even lift that much lol So many NBA/NFL dudes are blessed with great genetics it's crazy 

It's just that most have sub 10% bf and are above 6'1
Bron is definitely an outlier but he also works with world class trainers and has a personal chef and nutritionist.

I don't know whether or not I should start a few bulk/cut cycles starting Thanksgiving. I'm at 190 as of last Friday, but i'm getting bored with my cut, NOT with my food. I'd LOVE to get down to ~175 more or less, but who knows. I think i'll just keep at it until that one year mark and then start a clean bulk :smile:

Last edited:
Started my regimen again. Doing weights 4 times a week and cardio (soccer game ) once a week. Im starting to look clean but my arms are not cutting it. Should i focus a day just on arms?

I am doing
Day 1 Chest/arms
Day 2 Back/shoulders
Day 3 LegsLe
Day 4 pullups/pushups/dips etc. Only

I weigh 190lbs and am benching 205lbs 6 times.
I am curl 35lbs 8 times on each arm. 40lbs x 4 times

I want bigger arma cuz only my chest, back and legs look strong.

Last edited:
I don't know whether or not I should start a few bulk/cut cycles starting Thanksgiving. I'm at 190 as of last Friday, but i'm getting bored with my cut, NOT with my food. I'd LOVE to get down to ~175 more or less, but who knows. I think i'll just keep at it until that one year mark and then start a clean bulk
smile.gif
I am in the same boat as you man, same weight almost,whats your height? Im going to start my bulk in the new year.

IMO you should cut until you are at your desired bf% then bulk or else what's the point?
You'll end up cutting again right after your bulk for longer than you would if you cut down to your desired goal

maybe not the right place to ask but anyone know the best place to buy cheaper but still quality compression shorts?? I'm not tryna spend $30 per pair

IMO you should cut until you are at your desired bf% then bulk or else what's the point?
You'll end up cutting again right after your bulk for longer than you would if you cut down to your desired goal
Thats what I've been thinking, cutting is just getting old now.
maybe not the right place to ask but anyone know the best place to buy cheaper but still quality compression shorts?? I'm not tryna spend $30 per pair
Walmart.

Word I understand where you coming from with it fam but hang in there, if you've been going this long, you can keep going.
Also you could try doing some HIIT sprints to add in some variation twice or 3 times a week depending on your fitness on your off days to speed up the process or if you wanna eat more.

Definitely true, you bring up a good point IMO. I should get down to where I want, and start from there. I've gone almost 11 months like this on a cut, what would hurt if I made it through the new year like this ? It's so close anyway, both the goal and the day :pimp:

Definitely true, you bring up a good point IMO. I should get down to where I want, and start from there. I've gone almost 11 months like this on a cut, what would hurt if I made it through the new year like this ? It's so close anyway, both the goal and the day :pimp:

11 months on a cut? nice bro. whats your bfp?

on a side note...it's leg day. gonna work on these wheels.

Worked on my wheels today too, do any of you ever max on on the leg press? I thought about it but didnt have a spot so decided not to.

Worked on my wheels today too, do any of you ever max on on the leg press? I thought about it but didnt have a spot so decided not to.

It can get sketchy so i'd recommend having at least 2 guys there depending on whether your leg press has a catch or not. A better assessment of your overall power and strength would be the back squat though

I snag my Nike Pro Combat ones at TJ Maxx and Marshalls, $15 a pair

Hit shoulders today felt goood 
pimp.gif
 Noticed that friday mornings at my gym is like the meat market, some prime real estate in there 
devil.gif

my legs are dead today. been walking like a penguin since i woke up lol. my glutes are done.

as far as maxing out on the leg press, nah, i dont. i usually go 80-85% max, and just concentrate on the slow negatives. i throw like 6-7 45s on each side, with slow, semi deep negs....yea you feel it the next day..

What's up everybody I've been a long time lurker on NT for about 5-6 years. A couple of months ago I ran into a Stay/Get Back In Shape thread (the one that was made before this one). Read a couple of page and became interested. I'm overweight and been battling with weight loss since 2008. I joined this forum for I can get some tips for can I better myself. I'm 24 years old, 5' 11' and weigh 332lbs as of October 2nd 2012. My goal is to lose 100lbs. On Septmber 18th 2012 I started back on the weight loss battle. The only exercise I'm doing right now is walking but the cold weather is making that hard to do. I'm eating more healthier foods and doing intermittent fasting. I'm seeing results already but I need advice and dos and donts from people with experience for I can lose weight faster.

Last edited:
I think I'll start adding Leg Press onto my Sunday workouts...

That's the only reason I love Sundays...I have no time limit at the gym.

I think I'll start adding Leg Press onto my Sunday workouts...

That's the only reason I love Sundays...I have no time limit at the gym.
Same here.  I zone out on Sundays.  No time limits, no work to worry about.  Last sunday I did arms, abs, and cardio.  Spent 2 hrs in the gym and burnt 1400 calories

What's up everybody I've been a long time lurker on NT for about 5-6 years. A couple of months ago I ran into a Stay/Get Back In Shape thread (the one that was made before this one). Read a couple of page and became interested. I'm overweight and been battling with weight loss since 2008. I joined this forum for I can get some tips for can I better myself. I'm 24 years old, 5' 11' and weigh 332lbs as of October 2nd 2012. My goal is to lose 100lbs. On Septmber 18th 2012 I started back on the weight loss battle. The only exercise I'm doing right now is walking but the cold weather is making that hard to do. I'm eating more healthier foods and doing intermittent fasting. I'm seeing results already but I need advice and dos and donts from people with experience for I can lose weight faster.

Hey good luck my man. You have TeamFitness support here!!!

Back
Top Bottom