STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

do you only have 3 days to workout a week? if so cool, if not, allow me to suggest potentially 5 days. I do 5.
Day 1 legs, usually on friday so i can get the most sleep possible as legs pushes me to the limit.
Day 2 chest
Day 3 back
Day 4 arms. bis & tris & forearms. easy work as I've worked them twice already
Day 5 shoulders and abs. shoulders burn out quick, sculpting and fine tuning. and then abdominals.
this is an extremely effective and efficient workout plan. no lifting session is over an hour + 30 min of super light cardio as that's most beneficial. Knowing that you only have an hour to lift total, you can tune out the world and go balls out. trim the time between sets to 20-30 secs max and really feel that burn. I'm a gym rat, but besides personal experience of 8 plus years lifting (for both sports and recreation/health), I've put in countless hours of research and trial and error to what works and what doesn't. It's a bit of an obsession of mine, aesthetics. let me know if you have q's
I'd much rather a 4 day split than 5, due to work. I'm on that 3 days split because...well thats all I've been doing for the past year. Strength gains errywhere(not on that routine though), so switching frp, aforementioned routine for cutting/maintenance is an easy transition. Should I add crunches on back day? pls respond.

do you only have 3 days to workout a week? if so cool, if not, allow me to suggest potentially 5 days. I do 5.
Day 1 legs, usually on friday so i can get the most sleep possible as legs pushes me to the limit.
Day 2 chest
Day 3 back
Day 4 arms. bis & tris & forearms. easy work as I've worked them twice already
Day 5 shoulders and abs. shoulders burn out quick, sculpting and fine tuning. and then abdominals.
this is an extremely effective and efficient workout plan. no lifting session is over an hour + 30 min of super light cardio as that's most beneficial. Knowing that you only have an hour to lift total, you can tune out the world and go balls out. trim the time between sets to 20-30 secs max and really feel that burn. I'm a gym rat, but besides personal experience of 8 plus years lifting (for both sports and recreation/health), I've put in countless hours of research and trial and error to what works and what doesn't. It's a bit of an obsession of mine, aesthetics. let me know if you have q's
I'd much rather a 4 day split than 5, due to work. I'm on that 3 days split because...well thats all I've been doing for the past year. Strength gains errywhere(not on that routine though), so switching frp, aforementioned routine for cutting/maintenance is an easy transition. Should I add crunches on back day? pls respond.

i mean you can, but personally, I think leg day should be the end all be all. as in, when you finish, there shouldn't be anything left in the tank. it's half your body ya know, so you have to push it hard. variational, squats, deads, leg extensions and curls if you want, heavy presses. after that, you should be exhausted. that any more energy means you really didnt go as hard as you could have. so switch to 4 days.

day 1 legs
day 2 chest & abs
day 3 back & shoulders
day 4 arms

and youre done. that way everything gets worked, nothing neglected and you're efficient, no wasted time. if you keep each work out to an hour and fully utilize your time, you'll be toast when that time is up.

i know some of you ladyboys are into calisthenics and plyo.

i NEED new routines, i only lift weights about 3 times a week but i have around 20 workout sessions a week, and i need new single-person routines.

im into doing alot of bodyweight  stuff for MMA (and possibly moving towards pro rasslin WUT?) and i feel bored from constant wind sprints, box jumps, pad work, and swimming.

HALP. make me not bored pls.

EDIT: shirtless pic inside
ok ok so i have to vent a little: i signed up for a fight back in July at 170 lbs that was supposed to take place in a couple of weeks (i had actually been planning out a whole thread and whatnot) but i just found out the guy backed out and i dont know if im gonna get someone new on 2 weeks notice. i started cutting back in late june at 210 (a very lean 210) and this is me here at 187 (just took this about 10 minutes ago). i had planned on hovering around this weight and cutting the rest in the sauna the day of the weigh-in (ive been known to cut north of 15 lbs for jitz tourneys so i figure another 2 lbs wont be a huge deal) but now I really have nothing to show for it as it doesnt look like the fights gonna happen. 

Last edited:
Yeah, I think you guys that responded to my initial post were right. Maybe I'm pushing my body too much, I just don't like to be idle, ever. Switching the routine would be good physically and mentally. Recently started feeling a slight, sporadic, sharp pain in my right shoulder.

but really, anyone know of a good way to start some kind of fighting training in SF? my friend boxed frank gore over the summer, so i might just approach him.

Boxing or MMA? Lots of good BJJ/MMA places in SF. Ridiculous amount of high level BJJ schools in CA :smh:

Thinking of signing up at Alliance MMA in Chula Vista at the beginning of the year. Trying to get myself in good shape till then

today is arm day. I'm planning on eating some weights. gonna crush my bis, tris and forearms, them walk on the treadmill for about 30-40 minutes. CAN'T WAIT.

ive been takin muscle pharm assault for over a year now, i wanna try a different pre workout. any suggestions?

Yeah, I think you guys that responded to my initial post were right. Maybe I'm pushing my body too much, I just don't like to be idle, ever. Switching the routine would be good physically and mentally. Recently started feeling a slight, sporadic, sharp pain in my right shoulder.
you know i had the same issue and i ignored it.

a few months later i tore my labrum

so be careful.

NT'er?

today is arm day. I'm planning on eating some weights. gonna crush my bis, tris and forearms, them walk on the treadmill for about 30-40 minutes. CAN'T WAIT.
run, dont walk. Honestly elipitcals are better than running

I HATE when I see people do behind the neck pullups/pulldowns/presses. Just shows a total lack of understanding.

run, dont walk. Honestly elipitcals are better than running

but slow low intensity cardio is better than high intensity cardio. arguably. high intensity burns calories from carbs, low intensity burns calories from fat and also lowers the chance of cortisol synthesis. running just makes you been faster, but as far as muscle retention, slow, low intensity is A+. arguably.

elliptical machines are def better on the knees than running no doubt. swimming and jump rope trumps all tho.

I HATE when I see people do behind the neck pullups/pulldowns/presses. Just shows a total lack of understanding.

thats a great exercise if done correctly, the issue is alot of people dont do them correctly. you can avoid many injuries with the proper technique. Is it a necessary exercise? well, sure there's numerous others that can be done for it, but it's certainly not a bad exercise, if performed accurately.

To add to your original question, I prefer hanging leg raises and weighted ab pulldowns to doing a bunch of crunches. The resistance is key for me.

How are your lats doing? Adding lat pulldowns (wide+closed grip) is giving me some wings so try those (didn't see them in your initial work-out regimen)

Found this awesome casein protein recipe:

300ml water
55g casein protein (47g protein)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Ginger
5 ml udos oil (alternatively use 1 tsp almond or peanut butter)
5g L-glutamine
3g BCAAS
Mix this all in a blender and let it sit in a bowl in the fridge for 15 mins :pimp:
When I make it I use a little less water and less protein, brown sugar, cinnamon, and 1 tsp of almond butter. Then I let it sit in the fridge and thicken for 15, then put it in the freezer for about 15, its like a frozen chocolate mousse :pimp:
Thanks man! gonna rep. and try this out...I hate my ON vanilla whey...half the tub is still sitting around. :smh:

To add to your original question, I prefer hanging leg raises and weighted ab pulldowns to doing a bunch of crunches. The resistance is key for me.

How are your lats doing? Adding lat pulldowns (wide+closed grip) is giving me some wings so try those (didn't see them in your initial work-out regimen)

primary muscle worked in hanging leg raises is the hip flexors though, abdominals are secondary.

Anyone got a favorite bodybuilder?

I nominate Phil Heath.

I got to meet him during the summer in NYC.

As huge as he is (lulz), the man is so humble.

^favorite bodybuilder is hands down kai greene. great bodybuilder and an even greater human being. there is nobody in bodybuilding as articulate and deep as kai greene.

btw if anyone needs info on good BJJ, boxing, muay thai or MMA schools in the city of san francisco hit me up. Ive been training bjj, muay thai and boxing for the last 8 years and have at one time or another been at every good school there is in the city

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom