STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

lol athletically? son majority of cats work out to look good point blank. I think there needs to be something understood that everyone has different goals. Some people want to live a healthy lifestyle, thats nice an all. Some people like my self just want to look good and add to my Alphaness. Like when dudes preach about GMO foods and whats not healthy, in all reality thats nice and all but some of us really dont care. I`m sure I`m gonna catch heat but who cares, live your lives guys.

You don't think my legs look good from doing exercises that are overall better for my legs? lol

I understand what you're say, everyone does have different goals, but there are still better more efficient exercises than others.

But BRAH, you aint know? None of us want actual functional strength, we just wanna look like a boss and not be able to move like a boss, Brah.

We just want to LOOK athletic and not actually BE athletic, BRAH. :smh: get it right son.

Definitely true on each having their own respective goals. I would argue though, that those "athlete" workouts will still get you to look good. I know this from experience and look at pro athletes anyway. The point is, they can do a few compound workouts and call it good instead of isolating one or two muscles for each workout, which in turn would mean youd have to workout much longer. It isn't as efficient.

Bingo

People have made their way doing thier own thing for years, functional strength, aesthetics, etc. Just do you and keep it moving.

Last edited:
People have made their way doing thier own thing for years, functional strength, aesthetics, etc. Just do you and keep it moving.

Yes. But there is also a difference between choosing to do those workouts and not actually knowing there's a more efficient way or added benefits to doing it another way. And there are more than a few novices in this thread who might find this useful.

Truthfully, you need to re-evaluate your mental approach to exercise.

If youre bored with those exercises then any suggestion someone gives you will wind up being boring to you too.

There arent many "movements" to exercise, and if one of them is boring the rest will be boring. Its like when someone says theyre bored with bicep curls and need something else. Every bicep exercise is the same motion, just with a different variable. (type of weight, angle, etc.)

Come on durden, you know better than that.
Good trainers/coaches use hundreds and thousands of variations and movements for training. Even something as simple as training elbow flexion has a lot of variation with the parameters you gave. Closed kinetic chain, open kinetic chain, incline, upright, preacher, eccentric overload, dumbbell, barbell, bands, chains, and more. Variation is needed not just to keep interest, but also to keep progressing. Don't get me started on compound movement patterns, closed kinetic chains, etc.

Man everyone has a big boy ego on the interwebz 
roll.gif

This dude said out perform people athletically like he knows who he's talking to 
indifferent.gif

Did another spin class tonight and got my quads STRAIGHT ON FIREEEEEE YEAAAAAUUUH BUDDY

FELT GREAT 
pimp.gif

Back on the weights tomorrow.

I do know with genetics being equal, the exercises I listed are better for athletic performance.

Truthfully, you need to re-evaluate your mental approach to exercise.

If youre bored with those exercises then any suggestion someone gives you will wind up being boring to you too.

There arent many "movements" to exercise, and if one of them is boring the rest will be boring. Its like when someone says theyre bored with bicep curls and need something else. Every bicep exercise is the same motion, just with a different variable. (type of weight, angle, etc.)

Come on durden, you know better than that.
Good trainers/coaches use hundreds and thousands of variations and movements for training. Even something as simple as training elbow flexion has a lot of variation with the parameters you gave. Closed kinetic chain, open kinetic chain, incline, upright, preacher, eccentric overload, dumbbell, barbell, bands, chains, and more. Variation is needed not just to keep interest, but also to keep progressing. Don't get me started on compound movement patterns, closed kinetic chains, etc.

But if youre bored doing standing DB curls, youre going to be bored doing preacher curls. There are so many different ways or methods of training, but if BOREDOM is the issue with an exercise then there isnt much else to suggest besides a totally different method of training.

If youre bored doing an open kinetic chain exercise like the leg press, then I doubt moving to closed kinetic chain exercises like squats wont make things more interesting.

Boredom is basically the precise thing you dont want when exercising. Its very difficult to overcome boredom.

i think its all about progressive overload and not keep switching up workings. I think that shock the muscles is a bunch of bull **** with the muscle confusion

Last edited:
one word of advice to my fat bros lol dont cop snacks I have found when I cop things like nuts I find myself having multiple servings causing me to have to adjust my caloric intake te following day to eat a larger deficit. Gawd I cant wait till my cut is done.

Y'all could just be like me and not even workout legs. Just run 30+ miles a week and there's your leg workout.

I think he's referring to when people lay on their back and press the bar up with their legs on the Smith Machine.

im surprise none of yah have seen that.... i seen a couple of different people doing them
that just looks dangerous to me

Back
Top Bottom