Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Everyone should just ignore Dark Chocolate.

If he quotes you, questioning what you said, so what? Just ignore him and keep it moving. Y'all shouldn't even waste your time replying to him. No one has to prove anything to this dude.

Maybe then he'll go away when he realizes that no one gives a damn about what he has to say. And if he doesn't leave, at least we can avoid all of this unnecessary arguing.

A cat can be thrown in any direction, and it will land on its feet. This means that when a cats springs forward, it is able to land safely, from tremendous heights.
Didn't read past this

Humans are not cats
indifferent.gif

Cats have an internal balancing system which is more sophisticated than humans, so comparing humans to cats is just plain ridiculous. Not taking into account the difference in their musculoskeletal system.

and athletes that you say can jump high and land, you might be right but have you thought of the possibility that maybe when you achieve a higher jump you will achieve the landing capabilities too.
The study was done on all animals, including humans, speaking on athletic capabilities. Racehorses are considered athletes, and they are often compared to the human athlete as well. I didn't do the study, but I agree with the findings.. My point was that bodybuilding squats alone, do not increase your jumping ability. In fact, they hamper your jumping ability. So if YOUR theory on landing were correct, how does the body learn to ADAPT to the overload, without landing first? You must learn how to control the descent thru REACTIVE training first, using eccentric forces, before gaining strength for explosion.
oh god.

Would you like to debate it, son?
would you like to cite your sources, son?

Okay, let's do this.

Do you know what an over reliance on prolonged eecentric training does to the central nervous system? Doing body building squats, those that consist of SLOW DELIBERATE MOVEMENTS, are used to create SIZE, not SPEED. The formula is POWER = STRENGTH x SPEED. The same thing that will make you run fast, is the same system that will make you jump higher. The training that is necessary to increase both are called EXPLOSIVE and REACTIVE training. Bodybuilding squats, those that build mass, require time, repetitition. That is called your LIMIT strength.

Are you following this, I know that you are a bit ignorant, but I'll continue!

A few exercises that build your reactive strength are, skipping rope, which in fact help to increase your LANDING EFFICENCY, and ankle hops.

For the explosive movements, that would be CLEANS, SNATCHES movements that require FAST TWITCH, recruiting fast twitch fibers shocking the central nervous system.

Now, in sports like football, body building squats are important for position players. But those who are wide receivers, the ones who must jump, and run fast exclusively, do not NEED them in their training. However LINEMEN do, as they do very little jumping, but needing LIMIT STRENGTH to push, and hold position.

Now, this may be a bit much for you, as I know you only know, what you know.

You just cannot help it!

Go and chew on that, in fact? Go and mix it with your Aminos!
What do you think heavy low-rep squats recruit? Oh, that's right- fast-twitch muscle fibers.

You lose.
frown.gif

P.S. Nobody said anything about "bodybuilding squats," don't try to change our words around. And enroll in some sort of English class at a local CC. Your writing is atrocious.

If anyone listens to you here, they are a fool! You said heavy low rep squats, but that doesn't work either! Besides, heavy is relative! I know that youhad to go and look up the terms I've used, and you are probably still too ignorant to understand what they mean, even while armed with the definition!

Go watch "You Tube"! Maybe they can help you!

Originally Posted by aceofjays

That dude dark chocolate is really getting on my nerves.

What should be getting on your nerves, is all of these phoney internet numbers, and then bogus info on what you should do in the gym! If anyone tries to sellyou some protein powder from here, then you KNOW that something is up!!!

I had a major drop in my deadlift today. Couple weeks ago I hit 255 4 sets 6 reps. Since I'm cutting now, I wanted to increase my number of reps to 10. So,I figured I'd drop my weight a bit to accommodate it. So, I put 235 on the bar thinking it'll be a cake walk. How about I get 8 and I'm burnt! Idropped all the way to 205 for my last set
smh.gif

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Back to actually answering questions:

Got a question guys...I've been hearing that close-grip bench press is the best tricep exercise for mass. Any weight to this? I need to update my tri workout but I want to keep it to a few (like 3), effective exercises. Suggestions?
True, but you want to make sure you don't put your hands too close together. Just at or slightly inside shoulder with is perfect for allowing you to keep your elbows as close to your body as possible. This is mainly what will help you hit your tri's and handle a substanstial amount of weight.

Other exercises that help build mass are bench dips, parallel bar dips in an upright position with your elbows angled back, skull crushers and two-handed overhead dumbell extensions. You really only need to choose one of these exercises for 4 sets and then add 1 or 2 isolating, single-joint exercises like cable pressdowns, overhead rope extensions, or dumbbell kickbacks for 3-4 sets and that's it. Don't forget that your triceps do alot of work when you train chest and do pressing movements for shoulders so you don't need too many sets dedicated to them. Just keep your reps in the 8-12 rep range for the mass-building movements (the ones in red) and do reps in a 10-15 rep range for the detailing movements (the ones in blue), meaning you reach failure or damn near close to it at the target rep-range.

Ok Dark Chocolate.... go ahead and break down my post, criticize the hell out of it, tell everybody why NSCA and ACSM dispute all this, etc... I'm gonna go flex my triceps in the mirror and drink a protein shake...

BTW, it is a good routine, focusing upon PROLONGED ECCENTRIC TRAINING, which builds your LIMIT STRENGTH, which is how you build size. It's not the proteinpowder, it's all in the effort!

Back
Top Bottom