Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Finally going up in weight! Did squats for the 3rd time after about a 2 year break from doing them. I'm getting 245*6 for 3 sets (after warm ups of course)and my legs were sore for about 4 days lol. Also did calf raises on the same day, and my calves are still sore (it's been about 5 days). I mean first fewdays I walked like a penguin but now its just a little tightness in my legs. Is this normal?

I'm having about 3000 calories to eat and about 200 gs of protein a day. (I'm 6'3 185lbs and I'm currently bulking for the record.)

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

Congrats on the loss. I'm sure you feel much better. I was a little more than where you were at and I'm at 223 now. My goal is 195.

Were you a runner prior to hitting 232? The only time I will run is on the court and thats a hindrance to my plan.

Thanks. I feel like a completely new person. I used to skateboard back in elementary and middle school and that kept me in decent shape. I wasnever a runner and never played sports.When I got out of highschool I was eating fast food everyday for lunch and not doing much physical activity and gainedmost of the weight. Im only 5'6 so at 232 I was huge. Good luck with your goal man. Remember its 80% mental 20% physical.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

today I ate 1 LARGE can of tuna, 5 eggs 5 piece of grilled chicken and 2 protein shake which came to a total of 250g of protein but only around 1000 calories is this bad?

eek.gif
You don't need that much protein man
roll.gif
yo howd you eat all taht for around 1000 calories

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

how to get bigger triceps ?

Close grip bench presses (hands about an inch inside shoulder with, elbows tucked close to the body for the entire range of motion), bench dips, parallel bar dips, skullcrushers. After you've warmed up with cable pressdowns, you should try doing 3-4 sets of 2 out of those 3 exercises. With skullcrushers, work your way up in weight, i.e. start with a warmup weight that is fairly light for 15-20 reps but starts to burn a little after 10 reps. Then go a little heavier the next set or two and then do two sets where you can just get about 10-12 reps. Never jump into them heavy or you'll ruin your elbows.
arent dips bad for your rotator cuffs
nerd.gif

and to the dude who had 250g protein in 1000calories

LMK the recipes

what brand

Originally Posted by NikeVandal

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

how to get bigger triceps ?

Close grip bench presses (hands about an inch inside shoulder with, elbows tucked close to the body for the entire range of motion), bench dips, parallel bar dips, skullcrushers. After you've warmed up with cable pressdowns, you should try doing 3-4 sets of 2 out of those 3 exercises. With skullcrushers, work your way up in weight, i.e. start with a warmup weight that is fairly light for 15-20 reps but starts to burn a little after 10 reps. Then go a little heavier the next set or two and then do two sets where you can just get about 10-12 reps. Never jump into them heavy or you'll ruin your elbows.
arent dips bad for your rotator cuffs
nerd.gif

and to the dude who had 250g protein in 1000calories

LMK the recipes

what brand

For bigger triceps do military presses.

Honestly, this thread has been motivation. In the past 6 weeks I lost 20 lbs. I had a few relapses and stuff but I've been steadily losing weight. Wentfrom 260-240. I'm 6'5 though. Looking to lose 20 more lbs.

Try not to squat too much weight, go as low as you can maintaing correct form.

lost 28 pounds in 3 months...230 to 202!

luckily we have a gym at my work, so i go every day during my lunch. I usually do eleptical, treadmill, free weights, and crunches/situps.

I also eat my meal after my workout. I still eat normal food, but in moderation.

now im trying to lose this extra chin of mine, any suggestions? my goal is to be 180 by the end of the year.

thanks for the input and feedback everyone!
smile.gif

Quick question:

Is it ok to take weight gainer and whey protein at the same time? If not, which one should I be using?

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

I have a problem when I do squats (or might have a problem I should say). My feet start like this || but then after a few squats they slide out like this \/ (top of the screen is direction I'm facing). This feels much more natural to me but I was taught to keep them straight. How can I fix this?
unless you have great flexibility, you should keep your feet angled out about 30 degrees. a lot of it has to do with ankle flexibility and beingable to move you knee slightly forward of your toes. using a slightly wider than shoulder width stance with your feet angled out lets most people get to belowparallel on squats, which you should definitely be trying for. it's also easier to balance front and back because it put your feet farther back than anarrow stance. make sure you keep your heels planted the whole time.

don't do the ridiculous 1/4 reps that a lot of ppl do with way too much weight. i saw some guys move the bar a whole 6 inches for each rep today
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Whenever I don't get in a meal I have severe hunger pains. Not severe, severe, but they are pretty uncomfortable. Does this happen to anyone else?
always eat before you go to the gym, if you eat lightly you will feel alright working out than when u do ur cardio u'll feel fine + on top ofthat burn those calories u just ate woolah

Just curious but how often do you guys consume sweets? As in candy or cookies.
I have sort of a sweet tooth and I found these Healthy Choice fudge bars at Costco and I eat one every other day (or every two days) to curb and satisfy mysweet tooth.
It tastes pretty good and it takes my cravings for sweets away.

Nutrition fact per bar:

Calories 80
Calories fro fat 10
Fat (1 g) 2%
Saturated Fat (.5 g) 3%
Trans Fat (0 g)
Cholesterol (5 mg) 2%
Sodium (60 mg) 3%
Total Carbohydrates (13 g) 4%
Dietary Fiber (4 g) 16%
Sugar (2 g)
Vitamin A 10%
Calcium 8%
Protein (3 g)
Vitamin C (0%)
Iron (2%)

It's not bad, right? Eating one every other day shouldn't affect much, right?

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

lost 28 pounds in 3 months...230 to 202!

luckily we have a gym at my work, so i go every day during my lunch. I usually do eleptical, treadmill, free weights, and crunches/situps.

I also eat my meal after my workout. I still eat normal food, but in moderation.

now im trying to lose this extra chin of mine, any suggestions? my goal is to be 180 by the end of the year.

thanks for the input and feedback everyone!
smile.gif

hmmm your at 205 and you wanna get to 180...my suggestion keep eating healthy...but most importantly run 3 to 4 miles 5 days a week and you should be there inabout 3 months.

man feels awesome to be going to the gym 5-6 days a week. In 3 weeks total ive already seen gains in my arms and traps and a little in my chest. feels soawesome to work out.

I have a problem when I do squats (or might have a problem I should say). My feet start like this || but then after a few squats they slide out like this \/ (top of the screen is direction I'm facing). This feels much more natural to me but I was taught to keep them straight. How can I fix this?
This is a common problem actually. I fix this on a regular basis, and it has everything to do with the flexibility of your muscles, namely, yourouter calves and outter thigh. (TFL band).

You have to stretch your calves out before you squat. Like, put in work stretching. Look up "self myofacial release" and "foam rolling" andperform this stretching exercise on your calves and outer thigh. This will loosen up the muscles that are pulling your toes out in a "V" shape.

Once you do this over a few sessions, you'll notice it's a little easier to keep your feet parallel in front of you.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

unless you have great flexibility, you should keep your feet angled out about 30 degrees. a lot of it has to do with ankle flexibility and being able to move you knee slightly forward of your toes. using a slightly wider than shoulder width stance with your feet angled out lets most people get to below parallel on squats, which you should definitely be trying for. it's also easier to balance front and back because it put your feet farther back than a narrow stance. make sure you keep your heels planted the whole time.

don't do the ridiculous 1/4 reps that a lot of ppl do with way too much weight. i saw some guys move the bar a whole 6 inches for each rep today
roll.gif
Your feet should always be parallel, that's the goal. If you're not flexible enough, add stretching routines so you can achieve thisflexibility. See my other post.

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Quick question:

Is it ok to take weight gainer and whey protein at the same time? If not, which one should I be using?
Weight gainers are somewhat of a scam. It's just higher calories in the form of sugar and simple carbs that you should be getting throughwhole foods. Stick with the Whey, and a solid diet.

Whenever I don't get in a meal I have severe hunger pains. Not severe, severe, but they are pretty uncomfortable. Does this happen to anyone else?

Ya, if I don't eat on time, my stomach definitely let's me know. It's a good thing, actually. It means you're regular, and your metabolism isrunning efficiently. Don't skip meals though... that's how I fall into overeating.

Originally Posted by picknroll24

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Unphased4 wrote:
For bigger triceps do military presses.
What the? Do you even know what military presses are?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
they are a compound lift though

Right, it's a huge compound lift, that will place most of the stress on your legs, core, and shoulders. Even though they work your triceps, noway in hell does it target them enough to build triceps. You're better off sticking to isolated tricep movements if you want to build bigger tries.

My favorites are:
Skull crushers
Behind the neck dumbell raises
rope extensions
close grip presses
kickbacks, superset with close grip pushups

Anyone heard of the Paleo Diet? Or the Zone Diet?

Any thoughts?

forgive me if these questions have been asked. I just saw his post haha

Back
Top Bottom