Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by I3

Sweet my caliper came in the mail today.. best week so far - everything came, maltodex/dex, 100% ON, caliper and my Ronaldinho Chinelo.

Anyways, did a quick test on my BF.. im down to 8% accordingly.. but I don't believe it one bit. Im more like a 12-11% for sure. Im going to get my friend/gym instructor to do it 3x next week to see an average. I was 14.6% in December '08 so anything hovering around the 12% mark is great for me. I was also 63.2kg back then and didn't even diet, just cut out soda and #%#!. Now fast-forward to July - Sept where I actually did diet, im at 62.5kg, with less BF!

I still want a dead on 10% though, so I can add a bit more mass/muscle and get up to 67/147 %!* by jan/feb next year..

I've also cut out bread from my diet for a 2 week period and just stuck to oatmeal, just to see if that has any effect.
how much did your calipers run you? i might get a pair eventually. also, which areas are you supposed to measure? the only time i ever had it done was in the 7th grade. i remember them checking a spot on the chest, around the lower obliques (where the "V" is), somewhere on the upper arms, and i think one or two places on the back.
Well the instructions they gave me said there were 3 spots.

Chest
Ab
Thigh

All on the right side. It set me back around $14 USD shipped overseas, so its probably less than $5 for you Americans.

just stumbled onto something about ortho-core.
the chromium in it damages my DNA? wait, did i write this before? (i'm having deja vu right now...wicked)

Audi-i'm sure you may have some articles up your sleeve regarding this. (seriously, deja vu...)

^
Cook oatmeal first either in water or milk - stove or microwave. Then add your scoop(s) of whey and stir.

I find that if I add the whey in the oatmeal then microwave it gets hard and clunky like Michael Redds jumpshot.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

watching Mayweather v. Marquez 24/7 got me really motivated now. BTW, Mayweather all the way on this one....
I just hope that a Marquez victory does NOT spawn a new generation of urine-drinking athletes
laugh.gif
sick.gif

I did an upper body workout today with lighter weights and 10 reps per set. I have not felt this much soreness/pain in my shoulders in years. The burn whiledoing shoulder presses with dumbells was immense. I think I'm going to stick with light-weight and high reps for a bit just to switch things up.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by verynecessary

Originally Posted by I3

Sweet my caliper came in the mail today.. best week so far - everything came, maltodex/dex, 100% ON, caliper and my Ronaldinho Chinelo.

Anyways, did a quick test on my BF.. im down to 8% accordingly.. but I don't believe it one bit. Im more like a 12-11% for sure. Im going to get my friend/gym instructor to do it 3x next week to see an average. I was 14.6% in December '08 so anything hovering around the 12% mark is great for me. I was also 63.2kg back then and didn't even diet, just cut out soda and #%#!. Now fast-forward to July - Sept where I actually did diet, im at 62.5kg, with less BF!

I still want a dead on 10% though, so I can add a bit more mass/muscle and get up to 67/147 %!* by jan/feb next year..

I've also cut out bread from my diet for a 2 week period and just stuck to oatmeal, just to see if that has any effect.
how much did your calipers run you? i might get a pair eventually. also, which areas are you supposed to measure? the only time i ever had it done was in the 7th grade. i remember them checking a spot on the chest, around the lower obliques (where the "V" is), somewhere on the upper arms, and i think one or two places on the back.
Well the instructions they gave me said there were 3 spots.

Chest
Ab
Thigh

All on the right side. It set me back around $14 USD shipped overseas, so its probably less than $5 for you Americans.

Those calipers are incredibly inaccurate.

Does anyone else weaker arm tend to give out on them while workin out? my workouts are good but my left hand makes it difficult to keep goin any way or specialexercises to make your weak hand stronger?

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Does anyone else weaker arm tend to give out on them while workin out? my workouts are good but my left hand makes it difficult to keep goin any way or special exercises to make your weak hand stronger?
My left side is definitely stronger. I find that if I'm doing one side at a time, like in lunges, if I start with my left leg, I'll beable to keep up with my right leg in numbers.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Does anyone else weaker arm tend to give out on them while workin out? my workouts are good but my left hand makes it difficult to keep goin any way or special exercises to make your weak hand stronger?
My left side is definitely stronger. I find that if I'm doing one side at a time, like in lunges, if I start with my left leg, I'll be able to keep up with my right leg in numbers.

yea i will start using dumbells to get my left arm stronger and idk maybe figure out some other exercises to improve in that area

My left side is definitely stronger. I find that if I'm doing one side at a time, like in lunges, if I start with my left leg, I'll be able to keep up with my right leg in numbers.

yea i will start using dumbells to get my left arm stronger and idk maybe figure out some other exercises to improve in that area
Also, you when using dumbbells, you can use heavier weight on the weaker side to see if it can keep up with the stronger side. Say you'redoing push press and your stronger side does 40 lbs, use 40 lbs for the weaker side and 35 lbs for the stronger side. Someone on here mentioned it a whileback.

damn I injured my back playing ball 2 days ago now it sucks i cant work out. I have come along way started at 260
sick.gif
smh.gif
now im at 220 i know could have lost abit more but the diet is hard to switch but its a process. couldn't even do 5 push ups in a row now i can do about 40.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

"Iceman, Iceman, with that belly you look more like a snowman."

Bonus points if you know where that quote is from.
Jacob "Tito" Ortiz

Lurkin-do you personally take that stuff? If so how many a day? The fruit flavor does sound kinda tasty.
laugh.gif

peep the response by the aor rep tho lurkin

i cant find the studies atm but i was blown away at the quality and level of research conducted by aor in terms of formulating their products

blows every other co. out of the water.....there really is no other choice

Also, you when using dumbbells, you can use heavier weight on the weaker side to see if it can keep up with the stronger side. Say you're doing push press and your stronger side does 40 lbs, use 40 lbs for the weaker side and 35 lbs for the stronger side. Someone on here mentioned it a while back.

Not quite. No sense going lighter on the stronger side. Just using the same weights in each hand, you'll bring up the weaker side becauseyour strong arm can't help that one out. If you're working to failure, there's no sense in going lighter on one hand. Whenever the weak sidegives out, set is over.

Also, you when using dumbbells, you can use heavier weight on the weaker side to see if it can keep up with the stronger side. Say you're doing push press and your stronger side does 40 lbs, use 40 lbs for the weaker side and 35 lbs for the stronger side. Someone on here mentioned it a while back.
Definitely do not do this. Over time your the gap, strength wise, between your stronger and weaker side will grow smaller.
One side will always be stronger but that's just the way the human body is constructed.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

So for muscle building reverse or normal pyramids?

Also, do you guys think its better to work with a higher overall range (1x10,1x12,1x15) or something like 1x6,1x8,1x10?

Is there any difference between iso exercises and compound ones as far as pyramids go?
If you want to train for mass then stick with high volume ( high reps (8+) and many sets). You want to work till muscle fatigue. In this case the weight you're lifting doesn't matter as much as how hard you're working out a particular muscle/muscle grouping.

If you want to train for strength than stick with low reps (1-6) and fewer sets ( 3-5). In this case you're basically training for speed/power and working within a prescribed percentage of your 1 rep max.

Many sets? like 3-5?

And where does pyramid, reverse-pyramid fit in here? Or do you think it doesn't fit in at all? Thanks, btw.

Prob. closer to 5 per excercise, although I meant total sets as in complete workout.
I don't know exactly how many sets people who BB do but it must be 20+. Probably even 30+ in a single workout.

For mass it's not so much the weight you're lifting but the volume. You want to build up as much lactic acid as you can because (it's theorized) lactic acid breaks down muscle fibers. On the other hand, for strength athletes lactic acid is horrible because it limits the amount of oxygen that reaches your muscles. Less oxygen, less strength.

ICE could prob. help you with that one. I'm usually around 15 total sets counting the important/main exercises.
Oh okay I see what you're saying.

Well I've been doing a 3 day split... the standard chest/triceps, back/biceps, legs/shoulders. I do about 20-25 sets in a given day... about 3 perexercise.

I'd like to share my progress.

Still not at my goal yet... But I'm almost there. Still a newbie at this. So I'll be asking for advice often!

My lifts are still ridiculously weak... But I'm not a bodybuilder... I just want to be "fit", and fast.
wink.gif

3-4 months ago. Weighed at around... 156-158.
sxbof8.jpg

Now. Weigh at 162... My initial goal was to get SKINNIER, believe it or not. But it changed as I realized, eh, I was at a good size, so I'll just lose somebody fat and gain muscle.
noj86a.jpg

I'm thinking about taking Muay Thai, or boxing.

Also... Quick question out of curiosity. But what happens if my daily protein intake just drops, but I continue to go to workout?

Checkin in before bed, DaBuddha great job. Wj4 I used it when I had a knee prob, great results. Yea joe, I had more info I gotta find it. Ortho is legit.

another mean workout today. knee is almost full healed. if i had the money, i would hop on ortho core, but damn...more pills

Back
Top Bottom