Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

guys squatting 300+ is not a big a deal as you think

these are the biggest muscles on our body and they buld up quick

people are just lazy/hate when it comes to squatting/leg work.

so many ppl do upper body only i see at my gym smh.

squatting 300+ and benching 300+ are WAY different.

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

a. You're supposed to eat within 15 minutes of working out
You should consume your protein shake with 30 mins of working out.

I'd say you should eat at least within an hour of working out.

AARGHGHdslnkdsfkjnKJDFJNFDLKSkn!!!!
mad.gif

100% unnecessary.

Karbolyn
happy.gif

Alright fitness gurus, I have a question for you

I do laps in the swimming pool 5 nights a week, about 1-2 hours before going to bed
I know that
b. You're not supposed to eat before going to bed

Seeing as these two things conflict with my schedule, what should I give preference to? My workouts are probably a 6-7 out of 10 in terms of intensity

If I should eat, what is the best thing to eat keeping in mind I need to recuperate and will be going to sleep fairly soon?

Thanks

bit of a %$+*$ because you cant really eat much before swimming either ....

i'd say go with fruit though....soft easy to digest stuff like melon, mangoes, over ripe bananas etc. Eating that stuff immediately after a workout issupposed replenish the glycogen in your muscles, which in turn will help you recover better. If you eat a meal a couple hours before you swim, then fruitafterward.... that should hold you down till morning.

i can't seem to shake off this cold been sick for a good week...i haven't been to my boxing or gym till last night...man my nose was runningcouldn't breathe through my reps had to cut my workout short...any remedies to get this cold off me other than rest and liquids?

i really dont understand why people talk on their cell phones and try to workout at the same time.....smh

Originally Posted by sloanboy

i really dont understand why people talk on their cell phones and try to workout at the same time.....smh
they're only in there for the look smh

Originally Posted by Steve FSD

Originally Posted by vkhoj

Originally Posted by Steve FSD

Can someone post their workout schedule for the week? I'm trying to get back into shape and am in search for a good full body workout schedule for the week. I haven't worked out since high school when I played football/wrestling, now I'm a college graduate and have a lot of extra time on my hand and need to get back in shape. I prefer working out maybe 4-5x a week, maybe two body parts a day, 3 exercises per part, 3-4 sets and am looking to tone myself, I'm 5'7 and 170. .

Here's a basic hybridized hypertrophy/strength program (Be sure to add weight each week).
The key is actually following the program...periodization works wonders and everything else you would usually do while lifting: watching macronutrient intake, sleeping etc
I've followed this program and definately gotten stronger and packed on some muscle mass with minimal fat.

Week 1: 3x12
Week 2: 3x10
Week 3: 3x8
Week 4: 4x6
Week 5: 5x5
Week 6: 8x3
(You will do this on ALL lifts)

Lower
Upper
off
Lower
Upper
off
off

Upper Day 1:
- Bench Press
- Close Grip Bench
- Military Press (standing)
- Pendlay Row

Lower Day 1:
- Conventional Deadlift
- Narrow Stance Squat
- Goodmornings
- Barbell Shrugs

Upper Day 2:
- DB Bench
- Narrow Grip Incline
- Plate Raise
- Pull-Up w/ weight

Lower Day 2:
- Narrow Stance Squat
- SLDLs
- Reverse Hyper
- Dumbell Shrugs

** This is the program, DO NOT SUBTRACT any of the exercises! If you dont know how to do them, learn how to do them! The only reason you should ever pull out any of these during the whole 5 week cycle is if you feel pain doing them. If you dont know the lift I'd suggest doing an alternate pattern with the movement. Basicly rather than progressing with the given rep/set pattern I've showed continue to do:

3x12
3x10
3x8
3x8
3x8

Once you start the cycle over again after the 5th week, you can then continue the same rep/set pattern as the first outline (with the regular lifts) and progress in the lower reps. This will 1. Keep you from getting hurt, 2. Teach your form, and 3. Break the learning chain/curve. Its key that if you dont know anything about the movements that you spend as much time working with them and do as many reps as possible with the given movement. This is where motor skills develop and intra-inter neuromuscular coordination develop w/ the movement.

** Biceps/Abs, Upper day's throw in a bicep exercise if you want. On lower days throw in some Ab work. This is an accesory work, so its not that important. Keep the reps around 3x8-4x6 if you want.

** Keep a journal that I'll have access too. I'll look at how your progressing. If you have any before pictures send them to me or save them. Once your done with the first meso cycle compare your progress from before you started till then w/ pics and lift achivments. Do the same when you repeat the cycle. This is key in mental motivation, and that is where to many people fail.

** Once you get a whole meso cycle Wave (12 total weeks) you'll take some low volume work to help recovery. Its key that you dont take ANY time away from the gym. To many people just walk away for a week or two weeks, this makes coming back a sore painful mess for atleast 2 weeks. Now you've spent 4 weeks without making any progress. This is a typical deloading pattern. By trianing under your adaptive threshold (ie low volume) then you will not adapt, therefor you will recover. This is the fundomental bases of periodization!!

** During the first few 4 weeks you can add in failure work. Dont do it on all lifts and dont do it on squats, squat variations or deadlifts. Rows, Shrugs, db benching are all ok. Another thing to keep note on is during the WHOLE cycle you want SHORT rest periods. Im talking 30-60 seconds between sets, this comes key when you get to the intensity portion (8x3). Fatigue has a positive effect on IGF-I and other singaling for hypertrophy. On weeks 4-6 this is a big factor in the program. This will help with conditioning the muscle and overal work capacity.

Interesting workout schedule, thanks. Do you fit in cardio anywhere in there? I was wondering would it be more beneficial to do something like you stated or something like this:
day 1: chest/tri
day 2: legs
day 3: back/biceps
day 4: rest
day 5: cardio/abs
day 6: shoulders
day 7: rest

And should I rest two days in a row? or a day to rest in the mid of sched?
Starting this one today. beem off for close to two weeks and feel horrible.

forgot to put lotion on last nigt before i went to the gym then started doin legs and the first thing that came to mind.....

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

i can't seem to shake off this cold been sick for a good week...i haven't been to my boxing or gym till last night...man my nose was running couldn't breathe through my reps had to cut my workout short...any remedies to get this cold off me other than rest and liquids?

I'm in a similar situation, I got sick on Sunday but I'm feeling well enough to maybe be able to hit the gym on Thursday or Friday.I'd probably gotoday too but it's raining and I don't want to take a chance. My nose was really congested to the point where I'd just be breathing out of my mouthbut after taking Nyquil for two nights I can breath out of my nose pretty clearly, it's worth a shot.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

i can't seem to shake off this cold been sick for a good week...i haven't been to my boxing or gym till last night...man my nose was running couldn't breathe through my reps had to cut my workout short...any remedies to get this cold off me other than rest and liquids?

I'm in a similar situation, I got sick on Sunday but I'm feeling well enough to maybe be able to hit the gym on Thursday or Friday.I'd probably go today too but it's raining and I don't want to take a chance. My nose was really congested to the point where I'd just be breathing out of my mouth but after taking Nyquil for two nights I can breath out of my nose pretty clearly, it's worth a shot.
same here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...I've had this runny nose for about a week
today i have kickboxing and i feel great, its just that runny nose..i felt great on monday as well in my boxing class

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

You should consume your protein shake with 30 mins of working out.

I'd say you should eat at least within an hour of working out.

AARGHGHdslnkdsfkjnKJDFJNFDLKSkn!!!!
mad.gif

100% unnecessary.

Karbolyn
happy.gif
Youre allllll about supps, huh?

SneakerKing - Ohhhh, ok nevermind then.
laugh.gif

true

i've been goint past parallel/"ATG" though, got 365 x 3, which is good for me because my squats used to be not even to parallel

i hate seeing the dudes who are benching 3+ plates either squat nothing or do good weigh......and 1/4 ROM

whats everyones opinion about "good mornings"? Looks kind of dangerous, i was thinking about incorporating it in my workout

because on lower body days (squats, deadlifts etc) my lower back gets super tight. nothing painful just really tight for about an hour and i thought

good mornings MAY help.

i hate seeing the dudes who are benching 3+ plates either squat nothing or do good weigh......and 1/4 ROM

Yeah, I see this every other day. Guys will bench more than they squat and they'll squat like a few inches down and that's it.

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

any one here taken hydroxycut? how did it work for you?
dont take it.
QFT. The short term gains aren't worth the long term effects that you'll suffer from it. The first two things that anyone should do beforethey should even consider a fat burner is to first and foremost, get active. Don't sit down all day and wonder why you aren't losing jack. Then, lookinto cleaning up your diet. Atleast this way, you're actually working towards losing fat.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

true

i've been goint past parallel/"ATG" though, got 365 x 3, which is good for me because my squats used to be not even to parallel

I was one of those
pimp.gif
....cept i cant bench @*!+ either
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i went back to the drawing board with squats though, mad light weight goin ATG and gradually increasing the weight....i dont think i'll ever squat any kindof decent weight though. When i get to 200+lbs im too shook that something gonna blow out on me
frown.gif
laugh.gif

I'm trying to change up my diet to lose like 20 pds but I'm a broke college student like many and all the healthy food is real expensive... Anysuggestions eating healthy but, cheap?

I'm really serious about this change and would like to lose the 20 pds before spring break, not lazy headed to the gym right now for a little 45 min afterclass workout

For those of you guys who are squatting 250lb, 350lbs+ or w/e are you're guys vertical jump really high??

Back
Top Bottom