Stephen A. Smith Apologizes about Domestic Violence Views

Flame suit on ...

Whether it is what we believe or not ... The statement is flat wrong. Just because you are getting antagonize does not give someone the right to result into physical violence.

We can go in circle all day ... Just like saying raping is wrong but don't gear dress provocative.

Etc etc etc ..

Woman push buttons .. Learn how to control yourself and walk away

Would you tell Brandon Marshall that to his face, or nah?

You just said it yourself, they PUSH Buttons. Some do it in ways where it's physical. Steven A said nothing wrong

Last edited:
Flame suit on ...

Whether it is what we believe or not ... The statement is flat wrong. Just because you are getting antagonize does not give someone the right to result into physical violence.

We can go in circle all day ... Just like saying raping is wrong but don't gear dress provocative.

Etc etc etc ..

Woman push buttons .. Learn how to control yourself and walk away

Would you tell Brandon Marshall that to his face, or nah?

Antagonize ≠ Stabbed

Here's my thing, if SAS was vague as you just described above why couldn't Michelle Beadle and her brigade of supporters just asked SAS what exactly did he mean by those comments.  Is asking a question that hard these days??  Folks scared to ask questions, folks would just rather make up their own assumption and run with that.  Especially since he is a co-worker of yours and you can just see him at the studio to ask, send a private e-mail or just find the ESPN company directory and get his extension to give SAS a call.  Seems very easy and simple to do, just ask. 

This.....

A man shouldn't hit a woman.

But you can never predict how somebody will react in a that situation.

Yes we as men should be able to walk away, but she should also have enough restraint not to hit him either....

Treat folks the way you want to be treated....or did we lose that due to gender?

YO!
@heLiumcLintonMichelle Beadle and her brigade of supporters jumped the gun.
Jumped the gun? How, god?

DF!!!
They assumed based on SAS vagueness.  Then proceeded to state outrageous claims via tweets because of their assumptions. 

, you didn't answer a damn thing by posting that champ. 
Last time I checked his statement wasn't directly specifically towards Beadle, so for all the other people who had his mentions in shambles how should they have addressed him? In a DM? Not sure why yall acting like she was the only one who had a response to what he said. His mentions were lit up before she even said anything on the subject.
At it appears, Michelle Beadle was the catalyst for this fake outrage and media storm for SAS to begin with.  Michelle Beadle let her emotions on the matter and her very own personal issues regarding the matter in the past get the better of her. 

This.....

A man shouldn't hit a woman.

But you can never predict how somebody will react in a that situation.

Yes we as men should be able to walk away, but she should also have enough restraint not to hit him either....

Treat folks the way you want to be treated....or did we lose that due to gender?

But we aren't talking about how a man should react if a woman puts her hands on him

We're talking about telling a woman do not provoke a man to avoid a beat down which can mean a MILLION things

And leaves a lot of room for people to fill in their own blanks

YO!
Woman push buttons .. Learn how to control yourself and walk away ...
Though, I think I understand you this is a bit silly, also.

PEOPLE push buttons. Men & women. I do make the argument that if in a heated argument, a woman loses her composure & her default is to become physically violent, we shouldn't expect the other person (man or woman) to somehow keep their composure and simply "walk away." The flip side of this coin, however, is of there are men who'd argue that there are women who can provoke violence with their words - wouldn't it stand to reason that men could be provoking physical outbursts by using their words to provoke these women?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, gz.

DF!!!

Last edited:
The fact that some of y'all think girls just stick to verbal assaults to make man resort to physical retaliation is comical.

But we aren't talking about how a man should react if a woman puts her hands on him

We're talking about telling a woman do not provoke a man to avoid a beat down which can mean a MILLION things

Well isn't that what folks are going to do anyway?

The situation was Ray Rice and domestic violence. She brought rape into it. Not SAS.

Flame suit on ...

Etc etc etc ..

Woman push buttons .. Learn how to control yourself and walk away ...

His statement isn't wrong because he's telling the truth. Like Charamagne said... some men react like jay z, others react like ray rice or worse. Not saying it's right, but it's the truth. Neither party should put their hands on the other. Neither party should be talking to one another in a disrespectful manner. Both need to have composure.

The fact that some of y'all think girls just stick to verbal assaults to make man resort to physical retaliation is comical.

The fact that some of yall think that no one can interpret the statement "don't provoke" as something other than "don't physically assault" is comical.

Who determines what provocation is though? Doesn't different things provoke different people.
I don't see what you're getting at.  If you say or do something that results in an altercation then you provoked them.  You should assess the situation to see what was said or done before this abuse occurred, that's all Stephen A. Smith is saying.  You may not have done anything, and he noted that as well.  If you didn't do or say anything then this statement doesn't apply to you, not that hard to understand.

Last edited:
I heard what he said, he didn't say it in a context that he was provoked to hit her. Beadle took a fragment and framed it as if he said Rice's wife provoked the beating. If you've been listening to SAS from the beginning from when it happened you would know what side of it he's been on. A moron would believe Beadle's tweet which was out of context. He shouldn't have had to apologize, but I understand the reason why he did it. 

The fact that some of yall think that no one can interpret the statement "don't provoke" as something other than "don't physically assault" is comical.

Who said it couldn't?
SAS himself said he worded it wrong along with others in here. Now you're just arguing to argue

Last edited:
Who determines what provocation is though? Doesn't different things provoke different people.

I don't see what you're getting at.  If you say or do something that results in an altercation then you provoked them.  You should assess the situation to see what was said or done before this abuse occurred, that's all Stephen A. Smith is saying.  You may not have done anything, and he noted that as well.  If you didn't do or say anything then this statement doesn't apply to you, not that hard to understand.

That's exactly my point. If I look at you, and you hit me .. I provoked you? So next time I need to look the other way to avoid getting hit? :nerd:

This is what stephen gets for trying to play the white supremacy and bashing black athletes for smoking weed and telling black folks to wear suits and everything will be alright. they just letting him know his place.

YO!

If you find Michelle's rape insinuation to be in poor taste, eh - I won't argue. Though, I understood that to be her furthering the logic Stephen A. continues to implore across social concerns, which is blaming the victim. My mans saying that she "let her emotions get the best of her" is a part of the thought process that suggests that a woman could SAY something ("in an emotional state") that would provoke a man to swing. It's bogus.

DF!!!

Who said it couldn't?
SAS himself said he worded it wrong along with others in here. Now you're just arguing to argue

When did you say he worded it wrong? When did you say he made a mistake by what he said?

This entire time you were defending the initial statement and now you're backtracking?

When did you say he worded it wrong? When did you say he made a mistake by what he said?

This entire time you were defending the initial statement and now you're backtracking?

My first post in here. And if you want to play that game, when did I say I agree 100% with what he said and how he said it?

Last edited:
This is what stephen gets for trying to play the white supremacy and bashing black athletes for smoking weed and telling black folks to wear suits and everything will be alright. they just letting him know his place.

This.

SAS has been very consistent with his victim blaming. It's unfortunate that so many people agree with him. I don't think he understands how harmful that mindset is whether it's black people or women.

Dudes automatically saying that a woman shouldn't put hand on an male to validate such a poor statement made by Mr. Smith. All he said was provoke and if we really want to go into this she hit me first. Look at the pro athletes this dude made the comment in the first place. LoL

I don't need to tell anyone to have self control the judge will do that.

Last edited:
... and nah I'm arguing with people who said he did nothing wrong.

Then I could see that. What he said wasn't incorrect. HOW he said it was just wrong.

MB's tweets however were both completely wrong. The "short skirt" one was completely not even relevant to the topic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom