Steve Young's Top 6 QB List

Brady

Manning

Favre

Romo

Grossman

laugh.gif
Anderson

man why are people acting like this is a tough decision?

This Year ... Based on stats and team victories

1.Brady
2.Romo
3.Favre
4.Manning

5.Who Cares

I'd say those are the only elite qb's in the league ... it's amazing how out of all the football players there is only 4 quarterbacks in systemsthat can be considered amazing right now in the NFL ...

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Romo beats Farve in virtually every category. What the hell is your point? You weren't trying to prove that Favre is better than Romo based off of stats alone, were you?

laugh.gif
at ol' dude coming in here acting like he just shut shoes up while he's actually just proving his point for him.

I believe his point was that Favre has more yards, without an elite receiver and elite tight end. Needless to say, Romo is having a better statisticalseason.

edit: I ALMOST feel bad for Romo, dude would be in the MVP race if it wasn't for Moss...

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

Romo beats Farve in virtually every category. What the hell is your point? You weren't trying to prove that Favre is better than Romo based off of stats alone, were you?

laugh.gif
at ol' dude coming in here acting like he just shut shoes up while he's actually just proving his point for him.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]Name

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Team[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing Yds (Rank)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing Attempts[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pass Completion[/td] [/tr][tr][td]% Pass Completion[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing Yds/Attempt[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Passing Touchdowns[/td] [/tr][tr][td]% Passes Intercepted[/td] [/tr][tr][td]NFL QB Rating[/td] [/tr][tr][td]300 yd Passing Games[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Avg. NFL Rank[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Tony
Romo
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cowboys[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3654 (3)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]426 (9)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]287 (7)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]67.4 (3)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.58 (2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35 (2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.3 (21)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]107.7 (2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7 (1)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.56[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td] [table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Brett
Favre
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Packers[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3678 (2)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]462 (5)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]311 (4)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]67.3 (5)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.96 (3)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24 (6)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.4 (9)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]98.7 (5)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7 (1)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.44[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table]
Favres average rank is better than Romo

more passing yards
intercepted less with more attempts
same amount of 300 yard games

Romos TDs are about the only thing i see that clearly puts him over favre right now, and i dont see a receiver like TO on the packers, hes working withpossession type receivers, his big play man is a 2nd year guy that started the season injured

point being that you cant say Romo is better than Favre... not even this year

Ben is a product of his system. PITs defense and their running game wins games for them. I have yet to see him throw his team to victory.

Hell he had to scramble to beat the Browns. He is unbelievably uncomfortable in the pocket
Completely inaccurate.. he has great pocket presence, and great elusiveness... those are probably the two best parts of his game. And a productof his system? That's the dumbest thing people still say about him... his first year he was protected by the system quite a bit, but many other guysbefore him couldn't do what he was doing "in the system".. Now he carries the team, whether you want to give him credit or not... 100+ qb ratingis excellent.

Peyton Manning doesn't have a strong arm???? Since when.....
He has a above average arm but it is not top notch as far as arm strength goes. His balls dont have the zip or the crispness of the top arms inthe NFL. Basically hes got a gun but like a .22
laugh.gif
He is VERY accuratethough even though alot of his balls arent spirals. When I watch him where this really shows is when he throws deep balls. He doesnt throw them very well justaverage.

Completely inaccurate.. he has great pocket presence, and great elusiveness... those are probably the two best parts of his game. And a product of his system? That's the dumbest thing people still say about him... his first year he was protected by the system quite a bit, but many other guys before him couldn't do what he was doing "in the system".. Now he carries the team, whether you want to give him credit or not... 100+ qb rating is excellent.

Craftsy, I agree with you he isnt necessarily a product of a system. But he has that stigma and people are going to be skeptical about what hissuccess would be in another situation. Moreso then the people he is compared to. Maybe because he isnt a prototype I dont know. But it is always gonna keep hima notch below.

Brady
Manning
Romo
Favre
Roethlisburger

In that order...Big Ben has a higher QB rating than Favre does this year...but considering the comeback year that Brett is having...

roll.gif
You actin like Favre's stats are clearly more impressive thanRomo's...
and i dont see a receiver like TO on the packers, hes working with possession type receivers, his big play man is a 2nd year guy that started the season injured
I believe his point was that Favre has more yards, without an elite receiver and elite tight end.

Aren't yall are the same dudes that were talking about how Green Bay's weapons on offense were better than the Cowboys' in that game thread beforethe Thursday night game? I'll dig it up if I must, but you know you were...Now that you're trying to make a case that Favre is better than Romo, heconveniently is throwing up these stats with inferior weapons. If memory serves me correctly, you said Terrell > Driver, but not by much and Jennings,Jones, Martin, Robinson > Any other Dallas receiver. And that Donald Lee/Bubba Franks compared to Jason Witten was essentially a wash.
laugh.gif
Make up your mind, boys.

lol ... romo had 5 picks against the bills and is still close ... lmao ... yall dudes get so caught up with favre dude has damn near a WHOLE game worth ofpassing stats more than romo as far as attempts is concerned and is 10 points lower in qb rating lol ... I'll gladly take the player with 11 more tds andone really bad game as far as picks are concerned ... not to mention when the stage was the biggest dude threw 2 picks and got knocked out ... stop with thefavre vs. romo stuff its stupid romo is the second best qb this year easy and thats not cuz im a boys fan its just the truth

Well - considering he almost died twice in the span of several months, i think i'll give him a free pass there.. i am curious what your excuse for fumbling a snap like that is though? I mean, all ben did in his first year was lead his team to a 15-1 record, and then follow it up with a superbowl ring. But I mean, no pressure on romo or anything to keep up.

He is in the right system and was drafted into a team that already had pieces in place. Not saying that he isn't a great QB which I think he is but youcan't tell me the team Romo has had this season and last are better than what the Steelers had those two seasons.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif
You actin like Favre's stats are clearly more impressive than Romo's...
and i dont see a receiver like TO on the packers, hes working with possession type receivers, his big play man is a 2nd year guy that started the season injured
I believe his point was that Favre has more yards, without an elite receiver and elite tight end.

Aren't yall are the same dudes that were talking about how Green Bay's weapons on offense were better than the Cowboys' in that game thread before the Thursday night game? I'll dig it up if I must, but you know you were...Now that you're trying to make a case that Favre is better than Romo, he conveniently is throwing up these stats with inferior weapons. If memory serves me correctly, you said Terrell > Driver, but not by much and Jennings, Jones, Martin, Robinson > Any other Dallas receiver. And that Donald Lee/Bubba Franks compared to Jason Witten was essentially a wash.
laugh.gif
Make up your mind, boys.

im not acting like favres stats are clearly better, im just saying that dudes like shoes shouldnt be sayingromo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> favre

and i have made up my mind, i do think that overall the packers WR's top to bottom are better than those of the Cowboys, and like i said, they are so inthat they lead the league in YAC and tend to be possession type recievers, whereas the boys recievers like Owens tend to find the endzone... ive seen manytimes this season that for whatever reason, owens has just run uncovered into the secondary and caught balls for TD's

and when i talk about WR's vs WR's, Witten is NOT included... his play certainly does assist the Dallas WR's though, theres no question about that

again, stop insinuating this or that about what im saying... ive never backed up on my words when on the subject and i try to not trash talk about the cowboysor boys fans on NT (although exeptions are made
smh.gif
)

but i will say that favre is playing just as well if not better than romo, their offenses are very different, and i wouldnt "LOL." if someone were tosay the same about romo

When you only throw 15-20 times a game your percentages and ratings will be higher.

Ben carries the team? LOL

The defense carries that team. And when they let down you end up having a Patriot-like performance.

I know youre the mayor of Homerville, but take off the black n gold glasses for a minute.

The only reason Brady would be better than Manning is if its based off this year. Other than that, if its a list of just active QB's I'd go with Peytonanyday. Bandwagoners.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

roll.gif
You actin like Favre's stats are clearly more impressive than Romo's...

Aren't yall are the same dudes that were talking about how Green Bay's weapons on offense were better than the Cowboys' in that game thread before the Thursday night game? I'll dig it up if I must, but you know you were...Now that you're trying to make a case that Favre is better than Romo, he conveniently is throwing up these stats with inferior weapons. If memory serves me correctly, you said Terrell > Driver, but not by much and Jennings, Jones, Martin, Robinson > Any other Dallas receiver. And that Donald Lee/Bubba Franks compared to Jason Witten was essentially a wash.
laugh.gif
Make up your mind, boys.

Checkmate. I never said Donald Lee was as good as Witten though, I simply said Lee was underrated. But there must be a reason Madden is@++@% for Favreright? The fact that he is slowly becoming "homo for Romo" (I'm copyrighting that before all you cowboy fans but that in your sig
laugh.gif
) shows how good Romo can be. My argument (which I actually didn't make, Itried to avoid this thread) is that you can't clearly say Romo is better than Favre. I think like Marley (
sick.gif
at me quoting him) said, there are only 4 elite QB's in the league rightnow... maybe 5 but it's hard to say.

Marley your point abouts the attempts, well... Favre had to run the passing game like a running game until Grant became the starter so he was having 50 orso attempt games. The fact that Favre is still 0.1% below Romo in completion percentage with that many attempts is astounding. Teams knew the Pack couldn'trun for a long time, so Favre was basically passing against Quarter coverage schemes ALL the time (OK maybe not quarter
laugh.gif
). Romo has always had 2 very capable RB's behind him, but that's afight not worth fighting. Also blaming the knockout on Favre...
indifferent.gif
Sure dude choked and tried to show that he can win in Dallas and ONLY looked deep, but if you want to start arguing who is more likely to be injured then SMHat you (word to 250 starts). Also he wasn't "knocked out".

p.s. Romo isn't the second best QB this year "easy". Cut the arrogance.

romo is only good because he has T.O. --- how many yards T.o. and romo average a game??? Tds?

romo is the next kurt warner if he doesnt have a elite reciever, believe it

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

romo is only good because he has T.O. --- how many yards T.o. and romo average a game??? Tds?

romo is the next kurt warner if he doesnt have a elite reciever, believe it

Stop.

Yeah, TO has provided QBs with some of their best years

Garcia
McNabb
now Romo.

I wont pass judgement til proven otherwise, but TO opens that offense up. Whether it is for Witten, Crayton, Hurd or Barber out the backfield, TO makes them gobig time as he's been doing his whole career.

Marley your point abouts the attempts, well... Favre had to run the passing game like a running game until Grant became the starter so he was having 50 or so attempt games. The fact that Favre is still 0.1% below Romo in completion percentage with that many attempts is astounding. Teams knew the Pack couldn't run for a long time, so Favre was basically passing against Quarter coverage schemes ALL the time (OK maybe not quarter ). Romo has always had 2 very capable RB's behind him, but that's a fight not worth fighting. Also blaming the knockout on Favre... Sure dude choked and tried to show that he can win in Dallas and ONLY looked deep, but if you want to start arguing who is more likely to be injured then SMH at you (word to 250 starts). Also he wasn't "knocked out".

LOL ... come on dude ... look at what you just said ... because favre has his "average" completion percentage in 36 more attempts isASTOUNDING!? LOL ... And teams werent playing the cowboys to throw every play? Come on now, you know and I know aint nobody worried about Barber or Juliusrunning for over 100 unless we are up by 20 ... In fact, I think the only reason Barber and JJ and Grant for that matter are even having that good of a seasonis because people are playing nickel and dime against us every play especially with garret and his andy reid philosophy ... and when did i argue who is morelikely to be injured? All i said is dude got knocked out of the game and threw 2 picks before that going like 3-11 ... come on man head to head favre blew itplain and simple ... this is like arguing that illinois has a chance at the bcs cship because they beat ohio state ... get outta here man

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Marley your point abouts the attempts, well... Favre had to run the passing game like a running game until Grant became the starter so he was having 50 or so attempt games. The fact that Favre is still 0.1% below Romo in completion percentage with that many attempts is astounding. Teams knew the Pack couldn't run for a long time, so Favre was basically passing against Quarter coverage schemes ALL the time (OK maybe not quarter ). Romo has always had 2 very capable RB's behind him, but that's a fight not worth fighting. Also blaming the knockout on Favre... Sure dude choked and tried to show that he can win in Dallas and ONLY looked deep, but if you want to start arguing who is more likely to be injured then SMH at you (word to 250 starts). Also he wasn't "knocked out".

LOL ... come on dude ... look at what you just said ... because favre has his "average" completion percentage in 36 more attempts is ASTOUNDING!? LOL ... And teams werent playing the cowboys to throw every play? Come on now, you know and I know aint nobody worried about Barber or Julius running for over 100 unless we are up by 20 ... In fact, I think the only reason Barber and JJ and Grant for that matter are even having that good of a season is because people are playing nickel and dime against us every play especially with garret and his andy reid philosophy ... and when did i argue who is more likely to be injured? All i said is dude got knocked out of the game and threw 2 picks before that going like 3-11 ... come on man head to head favre blew it plain and simple ... this is like arguing that illinois has a chance at the bcs cship because they beat ohio state ... get outta here man

laugh.gif
. Barber had BIG games in the beginning of the season, both wereconsidered threats coming in to the season. I (and everyone else) didn't even KNOW who Ryan Grant was before he began starting (other than he backed upJulius Jones at Notre Dame). When the Packers were beating teams (prior to the Broncos game) everyone was saying the Packers had no running game so theyweren't a serious playoff threat, not ONCE did I hear the argument made that the Cowboys didn't have a running game, some of y'all actually madethe arguement Cowboys > Packers because you had such a "great" running game. Teams were not playing the Cowboys to throw every game, gtf out ofhere with that.Grant is having a great season because he is well... great. Dude is exactly what we needed. Your comparison makes sense but only if the Cowboysrepresent Illinois and the Packers are Ohio State.

Yeah, TO has provided QBs with some of their best years

Garcia
McNabb
now Romo.

I wont pass judgement til proven otherwise, but TO opens that offense up. Whether it is for Witten, Crayton, Hurd or Barber out the backfield, TO makes them go big time as he's been doing his whole career.
Best statement in this thread... Romo is real good but i do want to see how he does without TO. watch this team closely and you realize what hedoes for that offense. he demands two guys at all times.

anyways my order:
manning/brady...(seriously, i cant decide)
favre
romo
garrard

luckily im bored out of my mind at work so ill continue lol ... anyways, barber had BIG 4th quarters when we were up, breaking a few long runs inflating hisstats and average ... as threats, ahhh maybe maybe maybe barber but no one thinks julius is anything but a complimentary 2nd stringer ... You're rightthough Barber > Grant and Barber & JJ > Pack running game ... but that still doesnt mean that teams werent playing us to pass ... we ran in the 4thquarter of games we were winning where the competition gave up ... Ask yourself this, if you were gameplanning for the cowboys O what would you worry about?Exactly ... Grant is OK but once teams start paying attention to him he will be an average back just like the other notre dame product word to parcells thinkinJJ was a feature back ... and yeah that comparison was kinda off it didnt flow lie i wanted it to lol

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

... And teams werent playing the cowboys to throw every play? Come on now, you know and I know aint nobody worried about Barber or Julius running for over 100 unless we are up by 20 .

You can't be serious. And your a Boys fan

^^^ Who in their right mind would play the cowboys and gameplan to stop Barber and JJ over ROMO TO CRAYTON WITTEN AND GARRETT? wtf are you people talking aboutlook at the damn games man ... ok to make it more simple do this (i cant cuz i'm at work and i get blocked from espn lol) ... look at our two running backsand subtract their 4th quarter totals in games we won easy ... I guarantee its more than half of their yards EASY

Back
Top Bottom