Steve Young's Top 6 QB List

When you only throw 15-20 times a game your percentages and ratings will be higher.

Ben carries the team? LOL

The defense carries that team. And when they let down you end up having a Patriot-like performance.

I know youre the mayor of Homerville, but take off the black n gold glasses for a minute.

Again - you're just talking nonsesnse... you're punishing him for playing on a winning team that believes in rushing the ball with a lead... sorry, not all teams are built to run up the score like the Pats and throw 35 straight times with the lead.. in fact, NO other team does that.

Honestly - what do you want Ben to do? He does everything that's asked of him, he keeps plays alive longer than any quarterback in the league right now, hewills the offense down the field.. and you are taking away from what he does because he only HAS to throw 27 times a game instead of 35? You're reachingdude, you're MUCH more of homer than I could ever be... and gee, who do you like, that's right.. the Browns... wonder why you're giving Ben such ahard time?
eyes.gif

edit: you also have no clue what you're talking about.. our defense has been so solid the last 10 years because our running game has been so solid.. weconstantly control time of posession and force teams to play from behind because of our OFFENSE. Read between the lines and maybe watch a game or two beforeyou pretend to know what you're talking about... defensive numbers are always inflated with a good offense around.. ask the pats.

I agree with dude who said there are only about 4 real elite qb's this year.
1. Manning
2. Favre
3. Brady
4. Romo

Lol at Garrad being top 6 look at there schedule...

1. brady
2. Romo
3. Manning
4. Favre
5. Motoboy Ben
6. D. Anderson

david gerrard is so jacked
eek.gif
dude is like 6'2 235solid
but anywho, as of right now, the best qbs are
Favre
Romo
Brady
Manning
Gerrard
in no particular order. Hasselbeck has potential, but I just cannot consider him amongst the best QBs. If you put gerrard in Seattle, with the receivers theygot there, Gerrard would put up better numbers. Word to East Carolina University
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Believe what you want Craftsy, but even Tommy Maddox was successful in that system. Yes, Mr. XFL.
laugh.gif

For what, 5 games? He had one good season.

^ actually, he got injured and roethlessberger stepped in. if maddox would've never went down (pause), he probably would've remained thestarter. so yes, there can be an argument made about big ben being a system qb
tired.gif

Bio23
Lol at Garrad being top 6 look at there schedule...

funny how the only thing u can think to say bad about Garrard was teh schedule.
laugh.gif

Their in the same conference as the COlts, meaning they play the same schedule basically... lets compare strength of sched.
Colts
[table][tr][td]Thu 9/6[/td] [td]New Orleans[/td] [td]W 41-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 9/16[/td] [td]at Tennessee[/td] [td]W 22-20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 9/23[/td] [td]at Houston[/td] [td]W 30-24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 9/30[/td] [td]Denver[/td] [td]W 38-20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/7[/td] [td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td]W 33-14[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]bye[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon 10/22[/td] [td]at Jacksonville[/td] [td]W 29-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/28[/td] [td]at Carolina[/td] [td]W 31-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/4[/td] [td]New England[/td] [td]L 20-24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/11[/td] [td]at San Diego[/td] [td]L 21-23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/18[/td] [td]Kansas City[/td] [td]W 13-10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thu 11/22[/td] [td]at Atlanta[/td] [td]W 31-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/2[/td] [td]Jacksonville[/td] [td]W 28-25[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/9[/td] [td]at Baltimore[/td] [td]W 44-20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/16[/td] [td]at Oakland[/td] [td]4:05 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/23[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/30[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td] [/tr][/table]

Jags
[table][tr][td]Sun 9/9[/td] [td]Tennessee[/td] [td]L 10-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 9/16[/td] [td]Atlanta[/td] [td]W 13-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 9/23[/td] [td]at Denver[/td] [td]W 23-14[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td]bye[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/7[/td] [td]at Kansas City[/td] [td]W 17-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/14[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]W 37-17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon 10/22[/td] [td]Indianapolis[/td] [td]L 7-29[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 10/28[/td] [td]at Tampa Bay[/td] [td]W 24-23[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/4[/td] [td]at New Orleans[/td] [td]L 24-41[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/11[/td] [td]at Tennessee[/td] [td]W 28-13[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/18[/td] [td]San Diego[/td] [td]W 24-17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 11/25[/td] [td]Buffalo[/td] [td]W 36-14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/2[/td] [td]at Indianapolis[/td] [td]L 25-28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/9[/td] [td]Carolina[/td] [td]W 37-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/16[/td] [td]at Pittsburgh[/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/23[/td] [td]Oakland[/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 12/30[/td] [td]at Houston[/td] [td]1:00 pm[/td] [/tr][/table]

well lookie here, same exact schedule
laugh.gif

Garrard got hurt in the 1st Colts Loss and didnt play in the Saints Loss

If you got a problem with Garrard being in someone's top 6, at least base your problem on something real and not made up
so Try again.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

^ actually, he got injured and roethlessberger stepped in. if maddox would've never went down (pause), he probably would've remained the starter. so yes, there can be an argument made about big ben being a system qb
tired.gif

You guys have no idea what you're talking about... ben was drafted to take over for that ****** maddox... he got in the game quicker than hemight've because of the injury, but he was only about a game away from taking over anyways b/c tommy was a joke.

MARTIN PAYNE and outacontrol music - you guys reachin withthis Tommy Maddox and Ben Roethlisberger nonsense.

and with your same logic , Peyton Manning shouldnt be on a list this yr either because he has only beaten 3 good teams, they are after all playing the sameschedule, other then that chill.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Marley your point abouts the attempts, well... Favre had to run the passing game like a running game until Grant became the starter so he was having 50 or so attempt games. The fact that Favre is still 0.1% below Romo in completion percentage with that many attempts is astounding. Teams knew the Pack couldn't run for a long time, so Favre was basically passing against Quarter coverage schemes ALL the time (OK maybe not quarter ). Romo has always had 2 very capable RB's behind him, but that's a fight not worth fighting. Also blaming the knockout on Favre... Sure dude choked and tried to show that he can win in Dallas and ONLY looked deep, but if you want to start arguing who is more likely to be injured then SMH at you (word to 250 starts). Also he wasn't "knocked out".

p.s. Romo isn't the second best QB this year "easy". Cut the arrogance.
... And teams werent playing the cowboys to throw every play? Come on now, you know and I know aint nobody worried about Barber or Julius running for over 100 unless we are up by 20 .

You can't be serious. And your a Boys fan

roll.gif

Oh and about Grant being worse then both your RB's... I'm not quick by any means to say Grant is better, but you haven't given him time to showconsistency. If you want to talk about what he has shown... Grant is a beast. I really do think he's the next Dorsey Levens... I just don't want himinjured.

Brady
Romo
Peyton
Ben Roth
Hasslebeck
Farve
Hassleback
Carson Palmer
Anderson
Garrard

there is a solid top 10

I really do think he's the next Dorsey Levens...
I've taken a lot of heat for not jumping on the Ryan Grant bandwagon... but i'll throw you a bone here and say I actually like thatPOTENTIAL comparison

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Ben is a product of his system. PITs defense and their running game wins games for them. I have yet to see him throw his team to victory.

Hell he had to scramble to beat the Browns. He is unbelievably uncomfortable in the pocket.
roll.gif

^^^ Who in their right mind would play the cowboys and gameplan to stop Barber and JJ over ROMO TO CRAYTON WITTEN AND GARRETT? wtf are you people talking about look at the damn games man ... ok to make it more simple do this (i cant cuz i'm at work and i get blocked from espn lol) ... look at our two running backs and subtract their 4th quarter totals in games we won easy ... I guarantee its more than half of their yards EASY

We are not talking about gameplans we're talking about threats. And for you to say JJ and MB3 aren't threats until the 4th quarter is boderlineretarded. I mean the Boys are one the most complete teams in the league. You should know this

Originally Posted by MART1N PAYNE

david gerrard is so jacked
eek.gif
dude is like 6'2 235 solid
but anywho, as of right now, the best qbs are
Favre
Romo
Brady
Manning
Gerrard
in no particular order. Hasselbeck has potential, but I just cannot consider him amongst the best QBs. If you put gerrard in Seattle, with the receivers they got there, Gerrard would put up better numbers. Word to East Carolina University
laugh.gif

Hasselbeck Has potential?? That is an absurd statement. You say a guy has potential to someone that has only played a year.. IE: Gerrard.. Theres no wayGerrard should be above Hasselbeck.. And how do you know Gerrard would be putting up better numbers than Matt with no running game and no Branch for a numberof games. Gerrard and Garcia are in the same boat and Garcia is not reaching the top 5 ever.. Gerrard has thepotential to..

And in regards to Gerrard not playing tough teams.. Are you kidding?? Just don't look at the teams he's played and base your opinion on SOS.. Lookwhat he's doing against those teams.. He is very efficient as you can see, and picks up blitzes very well.. He is an above average qb as of now.. But nottop 5..

And, I dont know if you can actually say Green Bay's receiving core is better than the cowboys.. Witten and TO > Packers receivers.. But hey a qb hadthose same options last year named Testeverde.. Give credit for Romo actually making it work.. And stop saying b/c TO is there he's doing great.. The guyis on pace for 40 Touchdowns in only 1 and a half years.. That is incredible..

Oh and Tommy Maddox and successful does not go into the same sentence..

We are not talking about gameplans we're talking about threats. And for you to say JJ and MB3 aren't threats until the 4th quarter is boderline ******ed. I mean the Boys are one the most complete teams in the league. You should know this
Actually, the whole talk started when dude brought up the fact that Favre's numbers are better than Romo's because defenses were notworrying about the run and playing straight "quarters" as he said lol against the pack ... I pointed out that no one in their right mind is goinginto dallas and saying OK our goal is to slow down that running game of JJ and Barber ... ... ... therefore, the game plan part is relevant to the argument ...... ... so you sir for not knowing anything about the dynamics of the argument are borderline ******ed

edit... just some stats for you ... Barber has run for 839 yards this season ... 456 in quarters 1-3 and 383 in the 4th ... Julius has run for 550 ... 446 1-3and 104 in the 4th ... between the two of them thats 902 in quarters 1-3 and 487 in the 4th ... so as you can see a significant amount of their yards come inthe 4th alone ... so if any NFL team does their simple homework like I just did and decides going into the game that their purpose is to slow down Barber andJJ, they are a damn fool ...

We are not talking about gameplans we're talking about threats. And for you to say JJ and MB3 aren't threats until the 4th quarter is boderline ******ed. I mean the Boys are one the most complete teams in the league. You should know this
Actually, the whole talk started when dude brought up the fact that Favre's numbers are better than Romo's because defenses were not worrying about the run and playing straight "quarters" as he said lol against the pack ... I pointed out that no one in their right mind is going into dallas and saying OK our goal is to slow down that running game of JJ and Barber ... ... ... therefore, the game plan part is relevant to the argument ... ... ... so you sir for not knowing anything about the dynamics of the argument is borderline ******ed

tired.gif
Man how do you not even pay attention to your OWN argument. Dudesaid Favre's numbers were more impressive because for a while his running game was non existant and he STILL put up numbers. You then said that no one wasworried or gameplanned against JJ and MB3. Which doesn't make any sense because like I said the Boys are one the most complete teams in the league. So noone goes into the game like we don't need to worry about those two. In any case the argument was never about gameplans just about numbers and who was athreat. The fact is that you as a Boys fan can't or couldn't realize that Favre's numbers are a little more impressive based on the fact that hedoesn't have the elite WR and TE that you guys have AND his running game was not a factor at the start of the season.

damn lemme make it easy for you ... you are playing dallas next week and you are phillys d coordinator ... wtf are you looking to stop? its really simple, ROMOTO WITTEN CRAYTON WORD TO TERRY GLENN ... are you really telling me that you are gonna put 8 in the box and say we are stopping Julius Jones? Are you putting 8in the box to stop Marion Barber with TO WITTEN CRAYTON and HURD on the field? Are you telling me that when we go shotgun damn near 60% of the time and you aresaying you are gonna want to stop the run? Dude the argument that teams are playing a different defense against the cowboys and the pack just doesnt make anysense because d's make personnel changes according to the offense ... the cowboys throw damn near as much as the pack

Back
Top Bottom