Steve Young's Top 6 QB List

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

damn lemme make it easy for you ... you are playing dallas next week and you are phillys d coordinator ... wtf are you looking to stop? its really simple, ROMO TO WITTEN CRAYTON WORD TO TERRY GLENN ... are you really telling me that you are gonna put 8 in the box and say we are stopping Julius Jones? Are you putting 8 in the box to stop Marion Barber with TO WITTEN CRAYTON and HURD on the field? Are you telling me that when we go shotgun damn near 60% of the time and you are saying you are gonna want to stop the run? Dude the argument that teams are playing a different defense against the cowboys and the pack just doesnt make any sense because d's make personnel changes according to the offense ... the cowboys throw damn near as much as the pack

I keep saying we aren't talking about gameplans yet you keep bringing it up. Ok. If I am bout to play the Boys I'm not putting 8 in the box butI'm not putting 8 in coverage either. That would be the dumbest thing I can do. Eventually their just gonna run and then what? I'm screwed. So I wouldpersonally double TO, try to keep witten in check, and run a contain to keep Romo from running all over the place. And as far as the cowboys throwing as muchas the pack....check your stats.

like i said, in that argument we were talking about game plans and defensive strategy against the pack and cowboys ... its easy to say that favres numbers arebetter than romos because of how defenses were playing them and all i tried to point out is that im sure we see about the same defenses ... just because ourrunning game is MORE EFFECTIVE, doesnt mean we are seeing 8 in the box against 3 wides as whoever the dude i was talking with insinuated ... and as you can seeyou decided to focus on romo to and witten, not barber or jj ... ok the pack throw a little more but that inflates favres stats as compared to romo anddeflates their running game stats ... maybe it has to do with the fact that they cant get leads and have to throw all game when we can lead and run the ball... anyways, Romo > Favre and you cant really compare forreal forreal all jokes aside

like i said, in that argument we were talking about game plans and defensive strategy against the pack and cowboys ... its easy to say that favres numbers are better than romos because of how defenses were playing them and all i tried to point out is that im sure we see about the same defenses ... just because our running game is MORE EFFECTIVE, doesnt mean we are seeing 8 in the box against 3 wides as whoever the dude i was talking with insinuated ... and as you can see you decided to focus on romo to and witten, not barber or jj ... ok the pack throw a little more but that inflates favres stats as compared to romo and deflates their running game stats ... maybe it has to do with the fact that they cant get leads and have to throw all game when we can lead and run the ball ... anyways, Romo > Favre and you cant really compare forreal forreal all jokes aside

alright whatever but this
eek.gif
. Wow.

like i said, in that argument we were talking about game plans and defensive strategy against the pack and cowboys ... its easy to say that favres numbers are better than romos because of how defenses were playing them and all i tried to point out is that im sure we see about the same defenses ... just because our running game is MORE EFFECTIVE, doesnt mean we are seeing 8 in the box against 3 wides as whoever the dude i was talking with insinuated ... and as you can see you decided to focus on romo to and witten, not barber or jj ... ok the pack throw a little more but that inflates favres stats as compared to romo and deflates their running game stats ... maybe it has to do with the fact that they cant get leads and have to throw all game when we can lead and run the ball ... anyways, Romo > Favre and you cant really compare forreal forreal all jokes aside

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

indifferent.gif

Exactly

yall just mad cuz we stuntin on you ... youll get over it lololol

Who is yall and who are you stuntin on? I don't even like the Pack....Browns fan buddy.

Originally Posted by Bigtomdawg

put a (sp) next to your farve spelling too

laugh.gif
. His name appears at least once EVERY single football game, be ita pop warner league or the NFL. How the hell are you not gonna know how to spell the man's name? AND correct others who spelled it correctly?

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

When you only throw 15-20 times a game your percentages and ratings will be higher.

Ben carries the team? LOL

The defense carries that team. And when they let down you end up having a Patriot-like performance.

I know youre the mayor of Homerville, but take off the black n gold glasses for a minute.
Honestly - what do you want Ben to do? He does everything that's asked of him, he keeps plays alive longer than any quarterback in the league right now, he wills the offense down the field.. and you are taking away from what he does because he only HAS to throw 27 times a game instead of 35? You're reaching dude, you're MUCH more of homer than I could ever be... and gee, who do you like, that's right.. the Browns... wonder why you're giving Ben such a hard time?
eyes.gif

edit: you also have no clue what you're talking about.. our defense has been so solid the last 10 years because our running game has been so solid.. we constantly control time of posession and force teams to play from behind because of our OFFENSE. Read between the lines and maybe watch a game or two before you pretend to know what you're talking about... defensive numbers are always inflated with a good offense around.. ask the pats.

craftsy your such a loser, noone cares no matter how much you try to explain it. We all watch football, we've all seen big ben play, he's justmanaging the game, granted I'll say he's better then say Rex Grossman at managing a game, but never does this guy lead a passing attack. That firstyear he played what did he average about 150 passing yards a game. Please just shut up.
My List
1-Brady
2-Brady
3-Brady
4-Brady

and a distant second is Romo this year, but if your making a list noone should even be close to Brady,
GREATEST SINGLE SEASON FOR A QB EVER!!!!!

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Hasselbeck > everybody except Brady, Manning and Farve(his mentor). Hass is an amazing QB, too bad a lot of you have no clue. How else do you think the Hawks have won 9 games w/o ever having a running game this season?
Playing in the NFC West will do that for you.

daiernchef wrote:
craftsy your such a loser, noone cares no matter how much you try to explain it. We all watch football, we've all seen big ben play, he's just managing the game, granted I'll say he's better then say Rex Grossman at managing a game, but never does this guy lead a passing attack. That first year he played what did he average about 150 passing yards a game. Please just shut up.
My List
1-Brady
2-Brady
3-Brady
4-Brady

and a distant second is Romo this year, but if your making a list noone should even be close to Brady,
GREATEST SINGLE SEASON FOR A QB EVER!!!!!

I'd like to thank Yuku for the wonderful ignore feature you have given us. Without it, I would be forced to read posts like the one above. My computercannot sustain such gratuitous amounts of slurping, and after reading said post it almost crashed.

THANKS, YUKU!

1-Brady-although i hate the guy, he's tearing it up, healthy and excellent receiving crew
2-Romo-he gets the job done
3-Manning-an off year, mainly due to injuries to receivers, but I'd take him first anyday.
4-Favre-his will to win is admirable
5-Roethlisberger-tough kid, joy to watch.
6-Hasselbeck-seasoned and smart

Brees broke franchis records last year. He doesn't have a super wide out. So I can understand why Brees comes in at last but Big Ben should be 5th on thatlist.

If you go Buy stats this season here it goes.

1.)Brady
2.)Farve
3.)Romo
4.)Brees
5.)Palmer

Back
Top Bottom