Still extremely upset with Jordan Brand/Nike

I dont think the Columbia's hold nearly the shine the Black/Red's or the Concords do.

Also... folks really need to stop calling this a limited release. lol

If Jordan produced as many of these as they did any NEW Jordan release you'd think they were crazy. They may not produce a 1/3 of the amount for the Jordan 2012...

Im hoping they scrap those still.

Nikestore should of did limit 1 per pair that simple and made footlocker do the same thang... Make the people who want more than 1 pair WORK..

i checked ebay on sat morning and there were tons of pairs with 20+ bids @ $500.00+ and there was still 30min+ on the auctions.

SMDH at ppl paying 500+ for a 180.00 dollar shoe!! this is what FUELS these FOOLS!!!

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

I dont think the Columbia's hold nearly the shine the Black/Red's or the Concords do.

If Jordan produced as many of these as they did any NEW Jordan release you'd think they were crazy. They may not produce a 1/3 of the amount for the Jordan 2012...

They don't. Black/Red.,Space Jams, and Concords are on a different level than the other XIs
i checked ebay on sat morning and there were tons of pairs with 20+ bids @ $500.00+ and there was still 30min+ on the auctions.

SMDH at ppl paying 500+ for a 180.00 dollar shoe!! this is what FUELS these FOOLS!!!

It's always gonna be crazy the day of the release because people are scrambling to get pairs. If you look at the auctions now the prices are dropping. I think some of the auctions are getting trolled. Too many bidders with 5 feedback or lower. 

Originally Posted by ekhunter

those auctions are shills, man.  you get idiots in the media taking a quick look at ebay and nation-wide reports coming out that resell prices are $500+ without going to the trouble to actually look at the bids to see theyre fake.  that just fuels more idiots running out to horde them up thinking market price is really $500.  i quit adding them to my watch list because there are so many, and just jamming my inbox with bid reminders and item re-list notifications.

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by ekhunter

those auctions are shills, man.  you get idiots in the media taking a quick look at ebay and nation-wide reports coming out that resell prices are $500+ without going to the trouble to actually look at the bids to see theyre fake.  that just fuels more idiots running out to horde them up thinking market price is really $500.  i quit adding them to my watch list because there are so many, and just jamming my inbox with bid reminders and item re-list notifications.

QFT. The sheer amount of 0 feedback, non paying bidders on eBay is ridiculous. I've had 0 feedback #%*@ers not pay for 99 cent auctions.

For those who missed out on the Concords, just be patient. The prices will come down once the other low quality 'heat' drops throughout the year. 

On Black Friday, we saw people pepper spraying their fellow customers for deals on TVs, who is responsible for that? I understand that JB helped to create an enabling environment for violence, etc., but I'm not sure exactly what they should have done differently. These were a GR, and while I guess they could have produced more, they are fully within their legal and ethical right to protect the demand for their product by producing whatever quantity they deem appropriate to do so. ...I guess they could have made these an online release only, but that would have been unfair to those without internet/high speed connections/kids too young to have credit cards, etc.

In 1990, there was a Sports Illustrated cover story, "Your Shoes or your Life." Was Nike/JB "responsible" for kids getting stabbed in the street for their shoes? Was Starter responsible for the robberies that ensued over their jackets. Should a kid who got got for his USA fleece by a Lo-Life in 1996 sue Ralph Lauren?OP's argument is quite the slippery slope.

People need to be responsible for their own actions in these situations, and that includes feeding the fire. I thought this release was trash, so I passed. I'll keep that money in my pocket and keep hunting more OG and 2000 pairs.

That's my rational, adult opinion. Want to hear what the other side of me says?...

The fact that you might get tested for your goods is the only thing legitimately "retro" about this bastardization of a classic. You got so many kids today wanting to front hard and glorify the past without having lived through it - well, there you go, shorty. You wanna bring the 80's back - here they are, and you ain't built for 'em.

Originally Posted by KMante

Originally Posted by eltouha

Originally Posted by MJ4EVER2320

they should limit the sale to one shoe per person

real talk. get in line twice if you want a complete pair. work for it, pray you get the same size.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

Nikestore should of did limit 1 per pair that simple and made footlocker do the same thang... Make the people who want more than 1 pair WORK..

Agreed, Tats what the local store did in my area. Those who need more need to re-Q.  Makes sense and it ensures others are able to get their pair!

Really if a release like the concord release goes crazy like some malls in the states, its the fault of the mall or store or they lack of organization and security which has nothing to do with JB...

Not saying JB is innocent in their marketing schemes, but a lot of more experienced stores/malls know how to organize better whether its handing out tickets to people in line or having better, more trained security etc... I remember specifically seeing spots in LA, Chi-town, NY where people where totally calm and waiting in line just fine... But more inexperienced spots like Indy and other smaller cities I saw in the news dont know how to handle stuff like the concord release... None of that is really JB's fault for releasing a shoe that has higher demand than supply...

If Best Buy has a laptop on sale for $200 on black friday, and they only have a limited number of them and people trample over each other causing bodily harm to some just to be first to get it, is that HP's fault because they are the manufacturer of the laptop? Similar stuff like that happens every year for stuff other than kicks...

I agree with you about more Air Jordan XI's being released for consumers.  I wrote a post back in 2008 about how the XI's should be out all the time like the Chuck Taylors, http://niketalk.com/topic/108627.  
I would just love being able to wear a pair to play basketball in.  I didn't get the Concords that just released, but if I did, I don't know if I would have worn them to play ball in.  It's just sad to see the shoe game in this state of poor quality, low amounts of inventory, and the sheer volume of releases.  The XI's need to be out all the time!

Originally Posted by Risen23

If Best Buy has a laptop on sale for $200 on black friday, and they only have a limited number of them and people trample over each other causing bodily harm to some just to be first to get it, is that HP's fault because they are the manufacturer of the laptop? Similar stuff like that happens every year for stuff other than kicks...
apples and oranges.

hp doesnt produce a limited number of laptops.  best buy chooses to limit the number of available units sold per store as their loss leader to get bodies through the door.

Originally Posted by NikeDealer

ALL OF THIS!!!

I bet they made more concords than they did any other 2 GR releases in 2011 COMBINED!  But the demand was what 4 GR releases bring combined.  Not limited.....just way more sought after.  I had people from high school that I havent talked to in 10 years, who didnt even know they retro Jordans, call me asking for pair.  This brought out EVERYBODY! 

Here's an excerpt from the old SI article

But, of course, these assailants aren't simply taking clothes from their victims. They're taking status. Something is very wrong with a society that has created an underclass that is slipping into economic and moral oblivion, an underclass in which pieces of rubber and plastic held together by shoelaces are sometimes worth more than a human life. The shoe companies have played a direct role in this. With their million-dollar advertising campaigns, superstar spokesmen and over-designed, high-priced products aimed a impressionable young people, they are creating status from thin air to feed those who are starving for self-esteem. "No one person is responsible for this type of violence," say Patricia Graham, principal of Chicago's Simeon High, one of the city's perennial basketball powers. "It's a combination of circumstances. It's about values and training. Society's values are out of sync, which is why these things have become important."

http://chucksconnection.c...eakers-or-your-life.html

My opinion: Jordan Brand was not at fault for making the Concord XI's a limited release, the way that they carried out the releases at Footlockers, Champs, and Footactions is what was at fault. They should hand out numbers so people don't have to wait in line, they can simply have their pair reserved, and there will be no question whether someone got the shoes or not, and therefore less conflict at the camp out.

Back
Top Bottom