Supreme X Nike AIR FORCE 1..... errrr, yes that Supreme

I think you got it backwards.
It's not people who don't know about Supreme who are chasing the shoe (the AF1), it's people who don't care about the AF1 chasing this shoe b/c of Supreme.
And, frankly, I don't see you in AF1 threads. So, pot, meet kettle.

Oh I see, since I'm not in the AF1 threads then I must not know about/wear AF1's.

You haven't been here long enough to know, back in the day I picked up a pair of Flax's at Ross for $29.99.

Linens, Taiwan's, Sheed's, Rose's , nearly all the early 00 JD releases all were in my closet along with tons more.

Sit down.

Last edited:
Dear Lord, please don't let AF1s become "hot" to the beasts again after this.

This. Even though I don't think it'll get to that point... I hope not lol...

Its all love here guys. Feel free to drop in the AF1 threads sometime...

I for one love af1s but don't really care for supreme

kinda bummed I'm most likely gonna miss out on the camo joints

never even been on supremes site before

Kids that like Supreme aren't buying this AF1 JUST because it's Supreme. Most of the kids that like Supreme aren't buying this AF1 because they don't like AF1s. They think the shoe itself is "out of style" or wack regardless of the Supreme tag. That isn't to say they won't sell out in a matter of minutes. I'm trying to get the black and/or camo pair. I'm a sucker for gum sole and I like the material they're using.

I want to cop...but with all these people in here that don't even wear or know anything about Supreme possibly jamming up the site when they drop, I might not even waste my time.
:smh:

It's not people who don't know about Supreme who are chasing the shoe (the AF1), it's people who don't care about the AF1 chasing this shoe b/c of Supreme.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.....fall back, sir. Just because you have a dope AF1 collection and spend most of your time in the AF1 thread in Showcase, doesn't mean you are an authority on anything. Dude has been here for 10+ years and I can personally vouch for him when it comes to Forces. Been seeing him for years on here.

One thing you have to think about is how bad Forces have fallen off in terms of new releases. At one point, new AF1 threads on here were like the Foam threads now....they were everywhere. I used to be all up in those threads, as well as the older AF1 joints in Showcase. Now? Not so much. Rehashing all the old classics over and over and over again does nothing for me anymore....been there, done that. And obviously there hasn't been a lot to clamor about in terms of new releases for a number of years. So maybe that's why people don't post in the Retro and Showcase threads....I know that's the reason I don't.

Don't get ahead of yourself, sir. In the grand scheme of NT, you're a newb judging by your join date.

You seriously could've left this last sentence out, and your point would've come across just fine. >D

But no, just had to rile up the old heads, didn't you.

Last edited:
supreme doesnt tweet anything. they dont even have a twitter. 

no official release date has been placed for these...  I can assure you they wont release till the end of the season (1 1/2 months)

They will send out a email on the monday before they release.. ill keep NT updated for all those who dont have the email. Or you can go to supreme site and sign up yourself. either way, ill keep this page updated with the release..

Do u guys remember when Supreme dropped their own version of the AF1???

uptown or downtown something like that. Hold on....

Found them:

When I saw that they did a collab for an AF1, I cant say I'm surprised. They rep '94 and the 90s hard so bam

I don't care about riling up old heads. I don't care about what dudes used to be about.

I've been around here a lot longer than my "join date." Trust me.

There are lots of dudes who are not currently about AF1s who are use the fact that they used to be into them (coincidentally enough, when they were hot) as their pass to jump back in when some hyped release comes and claim they are not succumbing to hype (just other people are).

I'm not saying Jada is doing that, for certain. Maybe he has continued to be about AF1s this whole time. And, if so, I take back everything I said. But, he hasn't represented himself as being into AF1s recently, so he - and anybody else who plays a similar card - looks suspicious when they hop back on the bandwagon for a Supreme release. Looks can be deceiving though.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill, folks.

Last edited:
I don't care about riling up old heads. I don't care about what dudes used to be about.
There are lots of dudes who are not currently about AF1s who are use the fact that they used to be into them (coincidentally enough, when they were hot) as their pass to jump back in when some hyped release comes and claim they are not succumbing to hype (just other people are).
I'm not saying Jada is doing that, for certain. Maybe he has continued to be about AF1s this whole time. And, if so, I take back everything I said. But, he hasn't represented himself as being into AF1s recently, so he - and anybody else who plays a similar card - looks suspicious when they hop back on the bandwagon for a Supreme release. Looks can be deceiving though.
Sometimes...just don't post. You're the one making mountains by addressing Jada. Been here since 1999 and know that Jada been had a sick af1 collection.

This right here is some of the dumbest, elitist **** I've heard in a minute. So since you said it, what exactly are the qualifications to currently be "about" AF1s? Do tell. Like is there a certain amount of pairs one has to have bought in the last 6 months? Do you have to have searched for Forces on eBay at least 3 times a week? How many posts in an AF1 related thread qualify as being about Forces?

And lastly, since you said it, who are these dudes that used to be into Forces and use that as an excuse to jump back in? And further, how do you know that?

All serious questions, btw. I'll wait for a logical answer. And please don't make it out like someone is making a mountain out of a molehill. You spout out some stupid **** (as you often do) and people reply....don't duck and dodge the kickback from that.

Who is ducking? Relax. This is the internet. But, I'll answer your questions.

But, first let me address a comment. "Spouting off stupid ish" is a matter or opinion. I love this site, but I also think 90% of this site is people spouting off stupid ish. The small minority is good and valuable enough to be more than worth it though. So, stupid ish is in the eye of the beholder and also related to what you come here for and your personal sensibilities... not everybody comes for the same thing. I think we can agree on that.

Onto your "serious" questions.

There are no objective qualifications in the strictest, literal sense - like a checklist, and you know that. You are being disingenuous and creating a strawman. What I said above is clear and should suffice - a core group of NTers portray a strong current interest in AF1s. It's pretty clear how one would do that within the constructs of this site, agreed?. There are lots of people who make appearances in threads like this one but nowhere else related to AF1s. They then lie to themselves and others and say that they aren't chasing some "hyped up" shoe.

Now, I'll admit that Jada may not have been the correct person out of whom to make an example. I already conceded that just because he doesn't *currently* explicitly show love for the model by participating in a lot of the AF1 threads, that doesn't mean that he doesn't truly respect the shoe and he MUST be chasing the brand. But, now you are trying to act as if this whole phenomenon doesn't even exist. You are essentially questioning whether "hypebeasting" is something that even happens. Often a contrarian myself, I appreciate your willingness to question what is just assumed to be true, but the fact is that it does occur and is occurring here.

I didn't go back through the thread, but are you going to deny that people have responded along the lines of "I haven't messed with Forces in a long time, but these are fire"? What are those people doing? Do you believe that these are the first pair of Forces in several years that are objectively nice enough to pique their interest? ...I mean the model fell of hard, but not that hard. Or, is it that the brand with whom the collaboration is with is driving their interest as much as shoe? Now, if you asked those people whether they are hypebeasting, considering they haven't bought a pair of AF1s in years (at their own admission), do you think they'd admit that? Most would not.

Last edited:
Yes, it is very clear how one would portray an interest in AF1s.  This is a message board, hence you post.  My point is that buddy has been here since 2001.  Do you really believe that just because you don't see him in Showcase every other day now that he couldn't possibly be genuinely interested in this release simply because they're dope?  You have no history with the dude, so how can insinuate that he's a beast?  I mean, you just mentioned folks talking about how they haven't copped in years but they're copping these, yet Jada wasn't one of those people.  So I'm just confused at how you decided to call him out, of all people.  

I'll be the first to admit hypebeasts exist--if you go back and check my posts in this very thread, I alluded to it.  Nobody is saying that the Supreme tag isn't attracting brand new cats.  We both know that much is obvious.   

Personally, I haven't bought and kept a pair of NEW (post 2006) AF1s yet.  Why?  Because in my opinion, there have been a grip of uninspiring colorways that have dropped.  The shape has been horrendous since '06/'07.  And even when there have been decent pairs, the quality leaves a lot to be desired.  They fell of hard--and yes, they fell of THAT hard, IMO.  I don't love any shoe enough to sacrifice my $$ for a crappy product, hence why I resold the pairs I did buy, including the recent JD Sports Un-Atmos retro.  Same goes for J's.  That's also why I personally don't post much in AF1 threads--there isn't a lot to talk about besides older joints.  But when you've been here awhile, that convo gets tired after awhile, regardless of how dope those older joints are.  But that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate and love Forces, right?  

So to answer your questions, yes this is the first pair in a few years that has piqued my interest enough to buy and keep.  And no, it has nothing to do with the Supreme label.  The materials look dope (see: not pig leather).  The shape looks decent.  Olive is a great (and underused) color, especially for fall.  And they have gum soles, to boot.  Count me in.  

So does that make me a beast?  Is it possible that other heads feel the same way I do?  You be the judge.  Feel how you feel--you're entitled to that.  But it just seemed corny calling someone out simply because you don't recognize them.  Alluding to hypebeasts in general is one thing.  But going at someone individually and pretty much labeling them a beast solely because you don't know them is kind of ridiculous and rather elitist, IMO.            

Yes, it is very clear how one would portray an interest in AF1s.  This is a message board, hence you post.  My point is that buddy has been here since 2001.  Do you really believe that just because you don't see him in Showcase every other day now that he couldn't possibly be genuinely interested in this release simply because they're dope?  You have no history with the dude, so how can insinuate that he's a beast?  I mean, you just mentioned folks talking about how they haven't copped in years but they're copping these, yet Jada wasn't one of those people.  So I'm just confused at how you decided to call him out, of all people.  

I'll be the first to admit hypebeasts exist--if you go back and check my posts in this very thread, I alluded to it.  Nobody is saying that the Supreme tag isn't attracting brand new cats.  We both know that much is obvious.   

Personally, I haven't bought and kept a pair of NEW (post 2006) AF1s yet.  Why?  Because in my opinion, there have been a grip of uninspiring colorways that have dropped.  The shape has been horrendous since '06/'07.  And even when there have been decent pairs, the quality leaves a lot to be desired.  They fell of hard--and yes, they fell of THAT hard, IMO.  I don't love any shoe enough to sacrifice my $$ for a crappy product, hence why I resold the pairs I did buy, including the recent JD Sports Un-Atmos retro.  Same goes for J's.  That's also why I personally don't post much in AF1 threads--there isn't a lot to talk about besides older joints.  But when you've been here awhile, that convo gets tired after awhile, regardless of how dope those older joints are.  But that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate and love Forces, right?  

So to answer your questions, yes this is the first pair in a few years that has piqued my interest enough to buy and keep.  And no, it has nothing to do with the Supreme label.  The materials look dope (see: not pig leather).  The shape looks decent.  Olive is a great (and underused) color, especially for fall.  And they have gum soles, to boot.  Count me in.  

So does that make me a beast?  Is it possible that other heads feel the same way I do?  You be the judge.  Feel how you feel--you're entitled to that.  But it just seemed corny calling someone out simply because you don't recognize them.  Alluding to hypebeasts in general is one thing.  But going at someone individually and pretty much labeling them a beast solely because you don't know them is kind of ridiculous and rather elitist, IMO.            

I totally get where you're coming from.

Yes, I called out Jada, but only because he happened to make the post. (FTR, I still think the rest of his post is kind of conflating the cart and the horse). And, in so doing made it look like I was fingering him as a posterboy for reversion to AF1s as beasting via Supreme. Most importantly, he's not one of the enemies. So, that was a bad choice on my part. My bad. But, also importantly, the larger phenomenon is definitely a problem - one that screws me, you, and Jada alike. The last line became the lightning rod in my post, but I didn't intend for the comment to be ALL ABOUT one individual.

I actually wouldn't even argue with how hard you claim the AF1 fell off since roughly '06. I do think there were a handful of legit dope AF1s since then, but it has been few and far between. The 4 Bobbito highs and the denims from 2011 (IMO opinion the best AF1 release in years and maybe the best overall release in 2011) are the only slam dunks. (I'd defend a handful of other pairs too - Safaris, Mowabbs, Workboots), but I can understand being unimpressed by them.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter who thinks who is a beast. Those who do it for the "right reasons" enjoy this more and stick with this hobby longterm (me, you, and Jada all qualify here).

All that said, this is not the first time I've been labeled elitist in this kind of context, nor will it be the last. I have a feeling though, that most of the time I'm defending the same general ideals of this culture that you are. All three of us got off on the wrong foot, and I was as much responsible for that as any of us, if not more. So, mea culpa issued. And, let's move on. I think we're actually all on the same team here.

Sad reality is that all the damn resellers will get their hands on these first. Don't matter if you like the 'Supreme' brand or whether you like the AF1 or whether it's a combination of both.

So many of these new overpriced XXX AF1s selling out yet none of them are actually hitting the pavement. Just FSRs on eBay, CL, Kijiji, etc... at double the MSRP.

low top air force ones have always been hot to me no matter what any one says in style or outta style

if these was high tops I would pass with the quickness

but since they lows im all over it

I scooped the SBs and was happy at 1st but then I found my self saying I would never wear these

I'm branching out and picking up AF1s that I like here and there, but aside from the Black/Gum pair I don't see anything worth going out of my way to get with these. Supreme just doesn't mean anything to me.

Camo pair is nice but would like to see them in person

still no info on release?

Those same people who bash the hell out of air force ones will suddenly want to buy these. I wonder why?
YESS BRUUUHH AMEN..!!!!! I SWEAR IN OCT 2011 I PURCHASED A COUPLE PAIR OF HIGH TOP AIRS WITH HANGIN STRAP.. GOT NO RECOGNITION TILLL LATE 2012 WHEN EVERY ONE WANTED TO START BRINGING THEIRS BACK.. I KNOW I DIDNT SET THE TREND. BUT STILL... PEOPLE USUAL JUST JOCK ALOT..**** IS SAD LOLOL... BUT I CANT LIE..THESE SUPREME X AIR FORCE ONES ARE HEAT.. THIS COLRO WAY AND THE OTHER ONE.NOT SURE IF IT WAS A BLACK OR BLUE..BUT THESE ARE LINE WORTHY..

Back
Top Bottom