System of Dress Nike Shorts ?

I'm really ready for this "HyperElite" phase to go away. The shorts are too thin and light, and not baggy like the good ol' days. And if Nike goes to the screen printing graphics like they did on the USA Team shorts, you can count me out completely.
Each year I seem to buy less pairs than the year before - and it's not because of me, it's because of the quality and fit. I still get excited seeing the new designs each year.

I'm really ready for this "HyperElite" phase to go away. The shorts are too thin and light, and not baggy like the good ol' days. And if Nike goes to the screen printing graphics like they did on the USA Team shorts, you can count me out completely.
Each year I seem to buy less pairs than the year before - and it's not because of me, it's because of the quality and fit. I still get excited seeing the new designs each year.
Youre right, some of the hyperelite designs are trash, so thats what kills it for me. I can somewhat deal with the material, I have gotten used to it but prefer the traditional material.

Anybody find any new shorts for 12-13 season for sale online yet? See Eastbay has them on sale again and it makes me wonder if Nike is changing the make again this year to follow the really thin hyperelite shorts?

the old dri-fit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this crappy thin umbrella material :x

LOL..... not surprised. They did for the USA versions, which used to be 60................... so i assume that they rest will follow suit. It looks like they are putting the silicon waistband in them. Another reason to stay copping team issued shorts. :smh:

gonna pick up a few pair while eastbay has them on sale for 42 dollars

Last edited:
new pick ups.

ok so it looks like they are $80 now and saying authentic but appear to be like the usa wit the iron on emblems.... NO BUENO!

Boy, it sure looks like they have pockets :\ I'm going to pass on this year's shorts if thats the case and hope this faze passes quickly..

Pockets??????...... lol..... money saved is right if this is true. Smh .... its a shame that nike is taking this route.

Last edited:
it would make sense cause the 2012 USA shorts didnt have any, but i wouldnt be surprised if they popped out on them though.

Why are there pockets? It's not like I'm going to play basketball with my phone and a few stacks swinging across my nuts.

I'm missing the whole "pockets" thing, can someone post an embedded image?  Every link ppl post is broken or I don't see anything looking like shorts with pockets.

These def look like the Platinum Elite/Team USA shorts.  I'm guessing they have the real waistband with the rubber guard on the inside.  I picked up all my HyperElite shorts for under $45, no way I'll be spending $80 on these.  The waistband is a nice upgrade but if it's the screen-printed logos like on the Team USA's then I'm finished buying these shorts.

That's the thing that doesn't make sense to me, the shorts look like the authentics the college players are wearing without the different length sizing. If you zoom in on the picture there are no pockets and the patches look sewn on.

I'm missing the whole "pockets" thing, can someone post an embedded image?  Every link ppl post is broken or I don't see anything looking like shorts with pockets.

These def look like the Platinum Elite/Team USA shorts.  I'm guessing they have the real waistband with the rubber guard on the inside.  I picked up all my HyperElite shorts for under $45, no way I'll be spending $80 on these.  The waistband is a nice upgrade but if it's the screen-printed logos like on the Team USA's then I'm finished buying these shorts.

5ui6fc.jpg

I compared this picture to my own Florida shorts from last season and you can kind of see them here. Definitely some kind of stitching that resembles pockets. Other changes include a new hem along the holes in the leg and a lower placed swoosh. If the Gator head logo is indeed screen-printed I will be very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom