T.O. calls out Goodell for Vick suspension and says other players need to speak up

I agree 100%. Vick while he did something wrong its not like he's gone unpunished. Dude lost everything. Now he's trying to rebuild himself and thecommish isn't allowing it to happen as smoothly as it could. He's paid his dues, he's still never going to be what he was the fans, he's goingto constantly be remembered for the dog fighting, not for the actions on the football field. Dude has paid his debt to society in accordance with the law sowhy prohibit him from getting his life back on track.

I did hear he was at a strip club with Iverson like the day he got out though....

Well it would be inconsistant of Goddell to not punish Vick. For Vick to comeback in Week 1 wouldn't make sense, every other player who has %%!*$% up hasbeen suspended by the league, why should Vick be treated differently?

Yeah he spent time in jail but that doesn't have anything to do with the league. I think Vick got off lucky to be back that soon.

He was already suspended indefinitely before he was even convicted of a crime. He was suspended for the season after being indicted.

He's been away from the game long enough, let him back in.

One of the few times I saide wit Terrell Owens

Its 4 games.

F O U R !

Well it would be inconsistant of Goddell to not punish Vick. For Vick to comeback in Week 1 wouldn't make sense, every other player who has %%!*$% up has been suspended by the league, why should Vick be treated differently?

Yup.

I agree with TO, but I also think he is hinting that he wants Vick on his team. Though he didn't say it, I'm sure he would love if it happened. Itmakes me think of the Nike commercial where Vick is scrambling and hits TO down field for the TD.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Well it would be inconsistant of Goddell to not punish Vick. For Vick to comeback in Week 1 wouldn't make sense, every other player who has %%!*$% up has been suspended by the league, why should Vick be treated differently?

Yup.

He was already suspended...

I still don't get the attitude that somebody has a right to play in the NFL. Hell, we'd all love to play in the NFL, but it's a privilege...

What is Goodell making everyone realize about how he runs the league by doing things like this? That the league comes first - the NFL didn't stop when MikeVick was in jail.. and it won't stop long after he's retired.

You don't think fellow NFL players are going to think long and hard about screwing up given the way RG has been running things? Everybody is an exampleunder Goodell's leadership, and that's the way it should be... in the age of sports entertainment, image is far too important to making money with yoursports league. Look at Stern's dress code a few years back.. the little stuff matters. Just because you don't care that pro athletes commit crimes andgoto jail doesn't mean most people don't. The people running the leagues realize this, and are going out of their way to promote stronger images byenforcing tougher penalties for screwing up.

I consider this a good thing.

Like Michael Vick could have played football with everything he had going on while he was 'suspended' indefinitely? Come on man...

That ain't any kind of punishment... Being suspended while you couldn't have realistically played anyways? *shrugs*

he was suspended before the case was closed, they had no idea what the outcome was gonna be.
for all they knew, he coulda beat the wrap and it would have concluded in him losing valuable practice time

again, he was already suspended.
You can twist it how u want to, but he was ALREADY suspended

Im not sure whats worse.....

Vick lovers who swear he can do no wrong.......

OR

Dudes in here with obvious animosity towards millionaire athletes.......

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

he was suspended before the case was closed, they had no idea what the outcome was gonna be.
for all they knew, he coulda beat the wrap and it would have concluded in him losing valuable practice time

again, he was already suspended.
You can twist it how u want to, but he was ALREADY suspended

It's their prerogative though gunna - they don't ever have to let him play again. If they see a suspension as fit, that's what it's going tobe.

TO's right they just need to let him be> he's already paid his dues. It seems to me that Goodell is nothing but a people pleaser.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

I AGREE 100%.....

Still many will try & justify goodells position....

Bottom line, hes being made an EXAMPLE...
What's wrong with that? He is the commissioner he can do whatever he wants. Do you want us to feel sorry for Vick? He is being suspended forfour games he was not going to play in anyway. What an awful punishment
eyes.gif

My man Owens doing his usual and speaking the TRUTH that NO ONE wants to hear.

Owens speaks his mind, regardless of the reaction and people jump down his throat. But when you actually listen to what he says, its always true. He's likethe person who is frank enough to tell you if the dinner you cooked was trash. Granted, it might not be the right thing to say, but he ain't lying.

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by MJsaver

I AGREE 100%.....

Still many will try & justify goodells position....

Bottom line, hes being made an EXAMPLE...
What's wrong with that? He is the commissioner he can do whatever he wants. Do you want us to feel sorry for Vick? He is being suspended for four games he was not going to play in anyway. What an awful punishment
eyes.gif

You sound real stupid, i hope your'e like 8 yrs old.....

All i did was state my OPINION, you dont like it oh well who cares....You dont have to agree with me....

The commish can do w/e he wants now, SHUT UP its the NFL not a dictatorship...

And where did i say i want somebody to feel sorry for VICK??? Oh wait, i didnt........ Again you sound STUPID....

good stuff from t.o. but i'm stayin outta Vick threads.....dudes reporting me to mods and stuff....got me walking a thin line
smh.gif

I personally think that the personal conduct policy that gives the commissioner ultimate power is terrible. he can suspend anyone just because he wants to. no due process.

A lot of the guys around the league need to speak up. I think the players' union needs to step in because the guy's already suffered so much, and to add a four-game suspension onto a two-year prison sentence, I mean, that's ridiculous.
shut the #!#$ up you attention %*%!!. SUFFERED? PLEASE...

some of ya'll are amazing.
Wow!

TO is right.... Goodell is a douche bag, and he is hammering Vick.
Suspended, Jail Time, to Suspended again..... its rediculous

NOW

To be consistent he has to give Vick 4 games... but we know its not consistency with Goodell (He is being a Tyrant)

Now for those saying, "OMG what convicted Felon can come home and just get their job and continue their life"
Thats how its suppose to be. just because we live in a society that frowns upon an ex convict doesnt mean he shouldnt be able to continue in his professiononce released.... if not then whats the point of "doing time for your crime" so you have to do time, and then live on the bottom end of the earthcuz of something you already have paid for?

and furthermore.... i know a guy who works security at this hotel i use to work at, he served a year in jail, his employer obviously had to let him go cuz hewasnt able to work. when dude got out, he had a meeting with the boss and the guy that runs security, and they hired him back. WHY? cuz dude made a mistake,he was a good worker, and his LIFE shouldnt be over just because of that.
a decent minded individual should understand that.... .but i guess you never understand if you aint in them shoes.

why shouldn't he be given another opportunity to be a productive, gainfully employed member of society? to take care of his family in a legal effort?"oh the NFL is a privilege" blah blah blah. the NFL, NCAA, and endorsement companies make more off of these guys than they will ever make. It'snot a "privilege" it's a "job" just like any other job. Employers hire the most qualified candidates. Plenty of felons have jobs. Noone thought Martha Stewart shouldn't be able to do her talk show (which I love btw
laugh.gif
) after she went to prison.

this "holier than thou" attitude a lot of people are displaying is sickening to me. the man broke the law (which was changed months before and nodoubt during the investigation but I digress...), he served his time, was repentant. damn can we move on?

let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Roger is doing a good job, some of ya'll are just being whiney right now.

It's 4 games, get over it. He is making it known that the league won't tolerate nonsense like this, and that's a GOOD thing.

....and besides, it's not like he would be playing those 4 games anyways.

Back
Top Bottom