T.O. calls out Goodell for Vick suspension and says other players need to speak up

i'm actually kind of surprised this many people are unhappy about the 4 game suspension. i thought he was gonna get a year, when i heard only 4 games, iwas like wow good for vick. i thought goodell was going to be a lot tougher on him.

here's an example of someone getting off easy

dude got caught with coke
where was he after he was "caught" with coke? right back on the field the next week dude got suspended later on down the road
vick has been suspended for the past 2 years why reinstate him just to suspend him again?
just let the man play already....it does seem like he's making an example out of vick on this one
he's spent 2 years in prison, lost millions of dollars i mean what more can you do 2 this man already?
forget the 4 game suspension let the man play already

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

and yall cant be serious comparing 9-5 workers to professional athletes.. especially superstar NFL players
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quit saying this... all of you.

The NFL is a business.... A BUSINESS.... A FREAKING BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Why is this so hard to understand? Yes, it's a small business in a sense.... it's employees make a ton of money, but it's employees are also it's product so even moreso, they need to be handled especially carefully.

Why would it run any differently than any other extremely successful company? At the end of the day, every decision they make with the NFL is an effort to promote the product and increase their bottom line.

Quit lying to yourself like it's anything besides this.

good post

Alot of people can't grasp the fact that the NFL is business and will be ran accordingly.

Man, shut up and let my son play football.

Dude been through hell already.. going from star athlete to locked up for 2 years + being broke status.

Another 4 game suspension is POINTLESS. Dude needs to get on that field asap and show everybody that 4.3

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:
Player's Union agreed to all this... They gave Goodell the OK on the image clean-up policy, and now they wanna gripe and complain about it?

Goodell ain't treating Michael Vick any different than Adam Jones, Chris Henry, Donte Stallworth, etc... You paid your dues to the government, not the NFL.

Again, what other profession are you able to walk out of a two-year prison stint and jump right back into your old job? You can't. It doesn't happen.
The steaks are different for a professional athlete then it is for you or me in an everyday profession.

He's right, the steaks are delicious!

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

i'm actually kind of surprised this many people are unhappy about the 4 game suspension. i thought he was gonna get a year, when i heard only 4 games, i was like wow good for vick. i thought goodell was going to be a lot tougher on him.
i feel the same way, and i'm actually one of those that really wants to see vick play again. i just hope they'll let him practice duringthe suspension somehow.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

and idk why people try to compare the nfl to a regular job
laugh.gif
....it does not compare.....if Vick got off a murder rap then Goodell is justified but fighting dogs isn't morally wrong.....that and chicken fighting been going on for centuries

So is racism....

Originally Posted by AG 47

laugh.gif
....it does not compare.....if Vick got off a murder rap then Goodell is justified but fighting dogs isn't morally wrong.....that and chicken fighting been going on for centuries

So is racism....

laugh.gif
so, soooo stupid...Is that what you're implying?

Originally Posted by yungchamp

here's an example of someone getting off easy

dude got caught with coke
where was he after he was "caught" with coke? right back on the field the next week dude got suspended later on down the road
vick has been suspended for the past 2 years why reinstate him just to suspend him again?
just let the man play already....it does seem like he's making an example out of vick on this one
he's spent 2 years in prison, lost millions of dollars i mean what more can you do 2 this man already?
forget the 4 game suspension let the man play already
Yeah, doing coke is similar to fighting dogs, lying to the feds, and running an illegal gambling ring. Yup, pretty much the same...

shaq-face.jpg

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

and yall cant be serious comparing 9-5 workers to professional athletes.. especially superstar NFL players
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quit saying this... all of you.

The NFL is a business.... A BUSINESS.... A FREAKING BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Why is this so hard to understand? Yes, it's a small business in a sense.... it's employees make a ton of money, but it's employees are also it's product so even moreso, they need to be handled especially carefully.

Why would it run any differently than any other extremely successful company? At the end of the day, every decision they make with the NFL is an effort to promote the product and increase their bottom line.

Quit lying to yourself like it's anything besides this.
good post

Alot of people can't grasp the fact that the NFL is business and will be ran accordingly.

this is the truth, at times i think goodell is too strict but someone like him was needed especially after 13 players on the 2005 bengalsended up getting arrested that year.

95% of the time when dudes have gotten suspended for doing stupid stuff it was their own damn fault.

like i said earlier how hard is it to use better judgement? if you know goodell is going to throw the hammer down for any potential legal issue you getyourself into then why put yourself in those situations.

651akathePaul nailed it on the head. Great post man. Also, for everyone in here saying, 'People just want to see Mike Vick play,' that's notentirely true: for everyone person that WANTS to see him play, I bet there's 1 or 2 that DON'T want to see him play for what he's done. Not tomention some of you guys are still having a hard time grasping that the NFL is a world-renowned organization and business, and its image is as important thanany other aspect of the game. Regardless of how each of us feels about his treatment by Goodell, the bottom line is that Vick did this to himself. No dogfights/killing = no issues.

Originally Posted by AG 47

laugh.gif

So is racism....

you still mad about the other thread?
laugh.gif
thnks for exposing yourself as the person who snitched on me to the mods......
laugh.gif
.....cause I already know itwasn't the other people

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Craftsy21 wrote:

Yes, you serve your time and you pay your debt - that doesn't mean you are all of a sudden clean again. Once a convict, always a convict. Millions of people don't goto jail, so employers don't have to hire those that do. Sound unfair? Maybe try not going to jail.

wow....

Exactly thats why I don't pay attention to Craftsy
indifferent.gif

Truly amazing how all the sports like basketball, football and baseball are dominated by black & hispanic players yet the power is affirmed by middle agedwhite men... I mean thats not a problem but its funny all these players with multi-million dollar contracts have no type of power or authority in the leaguethey help to popularize.

Im glad to hear T.O. speaking out... Goodell just want Vick to be on some beging sh-- I mean Vick is the idiot that wanted to fight dogs but dude did his time and im sure is remorseful. What else Goodell want the dude to do, hold a public press conference and emotionallyplead to play in the league again.... too much politics. Goodell im sure was quite happy when Vick jerseys and merchandise was raking in millions when he wasan active player... tv viewership went up, Falcons home and away game attendance definitely went up... so much revenue he generated for the NFL but now its onsome we gotta make him beg type stuff.

All these so called "beasts" in the NFL seem quite tame when its time to speak out against the big boss.
smh.gif

After reading the majority of these posts, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people on this board have circumstantial moral and ethical standards.Not to mention the inherent lack of depth in thinking that has been illustrated by this topic.

I really believe those that aren't homers in this thread have a mental block that is separating a perceived reality from actual reality. I can see somepoints I guess, but the fundamental depths of how a lot of ya'll look at this situation baffles me. A lot of you guys aren't even in understanding ofthe real issue.

"He already paid his due."
smh.gif
Perfect example of simple minded thinking.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

After reading the majority of these posts, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people on this board have circumstantial moral and ethical standards. Not to mention the inherent lack of depth in thinking that has been illustrated by this topic.

I really believe those that aren't homers in this thread have a mental block that is separating a perceived reality from actual reality. I can see some points I guess, but the fundamental depths of how a lot of ya'll look at this situation baffles me. A lot of you guys aren't even in understanding of the real issue.

smh.gif
God forbid we don't ALL think as you do
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

After reading the majority of these posts, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people on this board have circumstantial moral and ethical standards. Not to mention the inherent lack of depth in thinking that has been illustrated by this topic.

I really believe those that aren't homers in this thread have a mental block that is separating a perceived reality from actual reality. I can see some points I guess, but the fundamental depths of how a lot of ya'll look at this situation baffles me. A lot of you guys aren't even in understanding of the real issue.

smh.gif
God forbid we don't ALL think as I do
smh.gif
fixed

Back
Top Bottom