T.O. calls out Goodell for Vick suspension and says other players need to speak up

and idk why people try to compare the nfl to a regular job
laugh.gif
....it does not compare.....if Vick got off a murder rap then Goodell is justified but fightingdogs isn't morally wrong.....that and chicken fighting been going on for centuries

I'm sorry but you can't compare chicken fighting to DOGS dude.

Vick embarrassed the league by lying to feds and running an illegal gambling ring harming/killing dogs.........if you want to compare it to chicken fightingthen go ahead (who owns chickens as pets?), but don't try to pretend what Vick did was "no big deal".

I'm just saying.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Originally Posted by epox12

Originally Posted by MJsaver

I AGREE 100%.....

Still many will try & justify goodells position....

Bottom line, hes being made an EXAMPLE...
What's wrong with that? He is the commissioner he can do whatever he wants. Do you want us to feel sorry for Vick? He is being suspended for four games he was not going to play in anyway. What an awful punishment
eyes.gif

You sound real stupid, i hope your'e like 8 yrs old.....

All i did was state my OPINION, you dont like it oh well who cares....You dont have to agree with me....

The commish can do w/e he wants now, SHUT UP its the NFL not a dictatorship...

And where did i say i want somebody to feel sorry for VICK??? Oh wait, i didnt........ Again you sound STUPID....

You tell me I sound stupid and then say you hope I am 8 years old, I guess that makes you sound intelligent and over the age of 8? In case you haven't beenpaying attention to the NFL since Goodell Castro took over the NFL is a dictatorship. He does whatever he wants when he wants the players union doesn't doa damn thing to stop him. Maybe your beef should be with the players union? I never said you wanted us to feel sorry for Vick I asked you a question and youdidn't answer it, you just called me a stupid 8 year old. Just stating my opinion feel free to call me stupid again in an intellectual way.

but i'm stayin outta Vick threads.....dudes reporting me to mods and stuff....got me walking a thin line
smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Owens always keeps it 100.. always

an additional 4 games is more than excessive..

and yall cant be serious comparing 9-5 workers to professional athletes.. especially superstar NFL players
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The players don't have to do anything. Probably some of them actually like to mind their own business.

Vick was wrong.

It's even harder to take TO serious after he said Goodell should spend time in jail.

and yall cant be serious comparing 9-5 workers to professional athletes.. especially superstar NFL players
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quit saying this... all of you.

The NFL is a business.... A BUSINESS.... A FREAKING BILLION DOLLARBUSINESS!!!!!!!!!

Why is this so hard to understand? Yes, it's a small business in a sense.... it's employees make a ton of money, but it's employees are alsoit's product so even moreso, they need to be handled especially carefully.

Why would it run any differently than any other extremely successful company? At the end of the day, every decision they make with the NFL is an effort topromote the product and increase their bottom line.

Quit lying to yourself like it's anything besides this.

why shouldn't he be given another opportunity to be a productive, gainfully employed member of society? to take care of his family in a legal effort? "oh the NFL is a privilege" blah blah blah. the NFL, NCAA, and endorsement companies make more off of these guys than they will ever make. It's not a "privilege" it's a "job" just like any other job. Employers hire the most qualified candidates. Plenty of felons have jobs. No one thought Martha Stewart shouldn't be able to do her talk show (which I love btw
laugh.gif
) after she went to prison.
Nobody is saying Vick can't go down to the 7-11 and get a job. You're talking like he has some kind of legal right to his old job as anNFL quarterback, and he does not. He blew that chance, and he's lucky to be allowed back in for a chance at reclaiming it.

Care to name me a few companies as successful as the NFL that make it a habit of re-hiring people who get fired for going to jail? It's easy enough tosay, but can you actually name me some? Not just that - how about ones that are publicly known, featuring a well-known face from said company? It rarelyhappens, and for good reason.

Nobody is in here saying Vick shouldn't be let out of prison, or even banned from the NFL - but everyone who thinks he should be handed back everything hehad before, along with a written apology from Goodell and great praise from everybody around the world because he "served his debt" is out of theirmind, and really just do not get it.

Yes, you serve your time and you pay your debt - that doesn't mean you are all of a sudden clean again. Once a convict, always a convict. Millions ofpeople don't goto jail, so employers don't have to hire those that do. Sound unfair? Maybe try not going to jail.
this "holier than thou" attitude a lot of people are displaying is sickening to me. the man broke the law (which was changed months before and no doubt during the investigation but I digress...), he served his time, was repentant. damn can we move on?

let he who is without sin cast the first stone...
Stop it.

Quit acting like everybody could've been caught doing the same thing. Mike Vick had millions of dollars due to his talent, he threw it away withstupidity. Am I supposed to pity him?

He's a moron, let's just hope that he's served to teach other would-be morons a lesson.. you are not invincible because you're famous. Andyeah, until I'm thrown in jail for a few years, I'll feel fine throwing stones at people who committ crimes. Quit acting like you don't judgepeople yourself just because you happen to want to defend this one criminal.

I can't believe how low some of you are willing to stoop in your arguments to defend a man you don't even know, for things (or things similar to stuff)you would never in your right mind defend. It's appalling.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Roger is doing a good job, some of ya'll are just being whiney right now.

It's 4 games, get over it. He is making it known that the league won't tolerate nonsense like this, and that's a GOOD thing.

....and besides, it's not like he would be playing those 4 games anyways.
normally i would agree that 4 games isn't that bad, but its the fact that Vick can't even practice for those 4 games that makes thepunishment OD.

i wouldn't have a problem if Goodell at least adjusted the suspension to let Vick practice for those 4 games. but keeping him away from football foranother 4 games after a 2-year prison sentence and an indefinite suspension before that is just excessive.

Craftsy21 wrote:

Yes, you serve your time and you pay your debt - that doesn't mean you are all of a sudden clean again. Once a convict, always a convict. Millions of people don't goto jail, so employers don't have to hire those that do. Sound unfair? Maybe try not going to jail.

wow....

Originally Posted by thetruth03

but i'm stayin outta Vick threads.....dudes reporting me to mods and stuff....got me walking a thin line
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can someone please answer this... Considering NFL superstar players are in the spotlight, why in the hell do you think this helps Vick's case?You have more responsibility when you are in the spotlight, there is MUCH smaller room for error compared to regular 9-5 workers. So why do people whodon't support the 4 game suspension think this justifies his case? Your way of thinking is BACKWARDS as hell.

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Craftsy21 wrote:

Yes, you serve your time and you pay your debt - that doesn't mean you are all of a sudden clean again. Once a convict, always a convict. Millions of people don't goto jail, so employers don't have to hire those that do. Sound unfair? Maybe try not going to jail.

wow....

Dont' give me that.

If you're an employer and you have the choice between two identical candidates - only difference being one served 10 years in jail for, let's say..manslaughter, some kind of DUI accident... Which one do you prefer? That's the only way you can tell them apart when considering all their otherinformation.

Like I said - the way you guys are acting is just shocking... no wonder society sucks. You have people trying to tell me that ex-convicts are on the samelevel as people who never went to jail..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Can someone please answer this... Considering NFL superstar players are in the spotlight, why in the hell do you think this helps Vick's case? You have more responsibility when you are in the spotlight, there is MUCH smaller room for error compared to regular 9-5 workers. So why do people who don't support the 4 game suspension think this justifies his case? Your way of thinking is BACKWARDS as hell.

That about covers my opinion...

You're a superstar celebrity in the spotlight of EVERY SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET in the country... Sorry, everything you do is in the spotlight and will bepicked apart...

Some of the people griping about celebrities/athletes living under special circumstances are the same dudes griping about him being made an example of by thegovernment... Like I said earlier, I don't get it. They deserve the benefit of the doubt in these types of situations, but they shouldn't be preparedto face stiffer consequences or be made an example of when they're in the wrong?
grin.gif
Can't have the cake and eat it too...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Can someone please answer this... Considering NFL superstar players are in the spotlight, why in the hell do you think this helps Vick's case? You have more responsibility when you are in the spotlight, there is MUCH smaller room for error compared to regular 9-5 workers. So why do people who don't support the 4 game suspension think this justifies his case? Your way of thinking is BACKWARDS as hell.
That about covers my opinion...

You're a superstar celebrity in the spotlight of EVERY SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET in the country... Sorry, everything you do is in the spotlight and will be picked apart...

Some of the people griping about celebrities/athletes living under special circumstances are the same dudes griping about him being made an example of by the government... Like I said earlier, I don't get it. They deserve the benefit of the doubt in these types of situations, but they shouldn't be prepared to face stiffer consequences or be made an example of when they're in the wrong?
grin.gif
Can't have the cake and eat it too...

They're just getting caught up on trying to logically explain an illogical stance. It's like trying to run with your shoes tied together.

If they'd just come out and admit they love this man as much as their own family, and nothing they say can really be described as rational, we could allmove on with our lives instead of listening to them trying to explain something that makes zero sense to the rational world.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

TO > your favorite receiver including jerry rice ... real talk ...

Based on what? Stats, rings? What is your criteria?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Don't bother...You took the bait though.
I was being sarcastic, it obviously can't be based on either.

Like I said - the way you guys are acting is just shocking... no wonder society sucks. You have people trying to tell me that ex-convicts are on the same level as people who never went to jail..
laugh.gif

so because someone goes to jail that makes them a bad person? Martha Stewart is evil because she spent time in prison? Hell Nelson Mandela spent several yearsin prison, is he the bane of society?

someone who has never been is automatically a good person? people commit crimes every day and do not get caught. you ever speed or jaywalk or do anything elseillegal? I'm sure you have.

he was convicted of conspiracy. the seriousness charge is moreso about the money.

you're clearly not an animal activist because you were talking about how chicken fights are not a big deal. so you're just extra judgmental for whatreason?

swag ... case closed
In that case Rod Tidwell > Your favorite receiver.

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Like I said - the way you guys are acting is just shocking... no wonder society sucks. You have people trying to tell me that ex-convicts are on the same level as people who never went to jail..
laugh.gif

so because someone goes to jail that makes them a bad person? Martha Stewart is evil because she spent time in prison? Hell Nelson Mandela spent several years in prison, is he the bane of society?

someone who has never been is automatically a good person? people commit crimes every day and do not get caught. you ever speed or jaywalk or do anything else illegal? I'm sure you have.

he was convicted of conspiracy. the seriousness charge is moreso about the money.

you're clearly not an animal activist because you were talking about how chicken fights are not a big deal. so you're just extra judgmental for what reason?
I didn't say anything about chicken fights - for the record, I don't think pitting two animals to the death for human entertainment isright in any form.

And yes, you're right - there are innocent criminals, and guilty innocent people.. sure. Exceptions to every rule, hardly throws my entire argument outthe window though, and it seems trite to bring it up.

But if you're going to compare Mike Vick to Nelson Mandela, there's no hope in this discussion going anywhere.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Roger is doing a good job, some of ya'll are just being whiney right now.

It's 4 games, get over it. He is making it known that the league won't tolerate nonsense like this, and that's a GOOD thing.

....and besides, it's not like he would be playing those 4 games anyways.

The thing is dudes in the league have seen that Goodell is cracking down on alot of the stupid stuff players have done yet they continue getting themselvesin trouble or in potentially bad situations.

I'm not saying stay home all day and be a robot and do nothing but at least use better judgement when your out enjoying yourself. Alot of dumbsituations players have gotten into/ hell regular people for that matter as well have mainly been off of crappy judgement.

Back
Top Bottom