TAR - Thread About Relationships vol. Calling TAY Graduates

I can be too honest at times but have learned over time I need to dial it back a bit. They love it at first but when it goes wrong it gets used against you. Usually some **** from early you don't even remember but she never forgot.

Cats needs to understand it's not about who makes more or less.

You have to make these women be as financially and emotionally invested as you are if you want them to stick around. Otherwise she's gone as soon as a "better option" comes along.

Nature dictates that behavior
Nah you just need to keep your own and she get hers. Marriage ain’t equal and neither is divorce

Any of you live with your SO and you both work remotely?

Just curious how that is
Yea but it ain’t too bad. Especially since we have a toddler and we both take turns taking care of her. She works upstairs and me downstairs. But it’ll all change next month cause my SO has to go back into the office after two years of WFH. So it’s gonna be just me and the kiddo sometimes….other times at grandparents house.

I work from home with my SO. We have a similar setup as other posters. I work upstairs she works downstairs.

We are going to be changing it up a bit next month as well. It looks like I will return to office soon and we are moving to a smaller space. She will get the office at our next spot.

Just curious how that is
Yeah did it, I don't work remotely everyday so I am cool with it. We definitely sink up those "meetings" for some "time" if you know what I mean. I was at home for a week for Covid testing and I was going to town that week, benefits of WFH.

You just have to have separate spaces, I don't know how people try and work together in the same space. Both on the phone talking over each other, nope.

Just curious how that is

We both used to work in a spare room (where we also do creative work), meetings would sometimes overlap and getting in and out wasn’t efficient. After I started a new job I decided to change it up.

Now I work in the living room and put up a Japanese room divider during the work week. It feels closer to an office environment for me now instead of an open office space since its basically my own cubicle. I got a frame of Steph Curry in front of me to keep me motivated and some random hobby stuff

An upside to this is that we usually eat together during lunch, watch TV, and we don’t spend much time figuring it out. Cook, pick up food, or delivery apps

Just curious how that is
It was rough in our apartment. Shoulder to shoulder on the kitchen counter. Making noise during calls. Then we moved into the house. She has her office and I have mine. Rocking with folding tables from Home Depot as desks until we settle on true furnishing.

What if you are in relationship and they keep intentionally doing things that you don't like. Even when you repeatedly expressed yourself (countless times) and clearly state WHY you disapprove of that particular behavior.

Last edited:
What if you are in relationship and they keep intentionally doing things that you don't like. Even when you repeatedly expressed yourself (countless times) and clearly state WHY you disapprove of that particular behavior.
if I have to tell u numerous times not to do this particular **** cause it bothers me, I take it as u don’t respect me and that’s a BIG issue.

Man my fiancé can be so annoying. She NEVER admits when she’s wrong :lol:

I’ll spare y’all the story since it’s so trivial but man :lol:
How you been dealing with it ? …I can see why dudes just give up over time and let the wife their way :lol:

How you been dealing with it ? …I can see why dudes just give up over time and let the wife their way :lol:
Majority of the time I’ll just blow it off and say “you’re right, whatever u say” just to avoid the back and forth. Then there are times I’ll play into it and instantly regret cause it’ll piss me off even more.

In this case I played into it. Had proof to back it up but according to her, I was wrong :lol:

Majority of the time I’ll just blow it off and say “you’re right, whatever u say” just to avoid the back and forth. Then there are times I’ll play into it and instantly regret cause it’ll piss me off even more.

In this case I played into it. Had proof to back it up but according to her, I was wrong :lol:

Has nothing to do with the truth and everything to do with power.

You're being tested.

Best to believe she knows what she is doing.

Acquiesce at your own peril.

Nothing good can come from putting her (or anyone / anything else) above the truth.

Personally I'd be making moves to mitigate my risk in this situation.

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind. Typically, gaslighters are seeking to gain power and control over the other person, by distorting reality and forcing them to question their own judgment and intuition.

nuf12588-fig-0001-m.jpg

Listicle_Gaslighting.jpg

Last edited:
The 25 year old me would laugh at what the 35 year old me finds attractive.

Accountability is on the top of my list of must-haves in a woman.

Back
Top Bottom