Tarantino's Masterpiece...Discuss

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Jackie Brown
True Romance (wrote, but not directed)
Natural Born Killers (supplied the story)
Inglourious Basterds

My pick is Basterds. Tarantino outdid himself with from a directorial standpoint. The shots and flow of the movie was phenomenal. The way he captured all ofthe little subtleties and character quirks (Brad Pitt's facial expressions in the theater when Landa first introduces himself, the German 3). As great asReservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are, they were a bit raw when it came to the flow of the movie, but here in Basterds it was constant motion, no down time.

He's definitely getting nominated for an Oscar, and should be in the lead for Original Screenplay and Best Director.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Masterpiece? Really? One of his most overrated films to be honest.
You say that in every thread about this movie but never say "why." I'm really curious to know your opinion.

Nothing beats Pulp

I actually thought the raw and uneven flow is what made Pulp rated above other movies

I am a huge Tarantino fan, but IB was not his masterpiece. Although I loved that Movie, it def did not out do Pulp fiction

1) Pulp Fiction
2)Reservoir Dogs
3) Inglorious bastards
4) kill Bill
5) Kill Bill 2
6) Jackie Brown
7) Little segment in Four rooms

I think Tarantino is a genius and I love everything he's ever done but I think he out did himself with Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2. The story, the characters,the style of it, everything about that movie was perfect.

Originally Posted by kickzrforme

I am a huge Tarantino fan, but IB was not his masterpiece. Although I loved that Movie, it def did not out do Pulp fiction

1) Pulp Fiction
2)Resivour Dougs
3) Inglorious bastards
4) kill Bill
5) Kill Bill 2
6) Jackie Brown

sick.gif

laugh.gif
kickzrforme wrote:

1) Pulp Fiction
2)Resivour Dougs
3) Inglorious bastards
4) kill Bill
5) Kill Bill 2
6) Jackie Brown
laugh.gif

From a directorial standpoint, yes, IB was probably his most advanced and polished film.

For me it's neck and neck with Pulp Fiction. I'd have to see Basterds again to really appreciate it.

I love Jackie Brown. Mainly cause all the filming was done all at all the spots out here in the South Bay and I was an extra in it without even knowing... shopping at Del Amo Mall FTW!

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by kickzrforme

1) Pulp Fiction
2)Resivour Dougs
3) Inglorious bastards
4) kill Bill
5) Kill Bill 2
6) Jackie Brown

sick.gif

What's the
sick.gif
for?

Originally Posted by ATL 23 Jumpmanlove

pulp fiction > ____. the story, suspense, and dialouge far outweigh anything else he had done. plus it had better actors.
Don't let the lack of star appeal knock the acting. Christopher Waltz (Col. Hans Landa) did an amazing job that will get him nominated for anOscar. And all the other supporting actors held their own.

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

laugh.gif
kickzrforme wrote:

1) Pulp Fiction
2)Resivour Dougs
3) Inglorious bastards
4) kill Bill
5) Kill Bill 2
6) Jackie Brown
laugh.gif

roll.gif
DOUGS
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

You say that in every thread about this movie but never say "why." I'm really curious to know your opinion.
There was nothing clever about the film as many of you say it is. I went into it with a clear head and left very disappointed.

The story dragged on way too long. The humor was very dry. I'll continue in another post because I can't think right now but there wasn't anythingthat stood out in this film compared to Pulp, Kill Bill 1 (I couldn't finish 2) and Jackie Brown. Its like Tarantino can do no wrong in the eyes of someviewers. Pulp Fiction wasn't even that great to be honest. The Kill Bill series is overrated but people loved the over the top violence present in both ofthe films. Like all films dealing with the Nazis, Jews and the Holocaust they are all proclaimed great before they hit the screen. IB doesn't fit thatcriteria in my opinion.

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

Originally Posted by xxxoverridexxx

laugh.gif
kickzrforme wrote:

1) Pulp Fiction
2)Resivour Dougs
3) Inglorious bastards
4) kill Bill
5) Kill Bill 2
6) Jackie Brown
laugh.gif
roll.gif
DOUGS
roll.gif

Yea, didn't proof read that. typed too fast, please proceed

There was nothing clever about the film as many of you say it is. I went into it with a clear head and left very disappointed.

The story dragged on way too long. The humor was very dry. I'll continue in another post because I can't think right now but there wasn't anything that stood out in this film compared to Pulp, Kill Bill 1 (I couldn't finish 2) and Jackie Brown. Its like Tarantino can do no wrong in the eyes of some viewers. Pulp Fiction wasn't even that great to be honest. The Kill Bill series is overrated but people loved the over the top violence present in both of the films. Like all films dealing with the Nazis, Jews and the Holocaust they are all proclaimed great before they hit the screen. IB doesn't fit that criteria in my opinion.
It sounds like you don't care for Tarantino.
And as Tarantino said it, Basterds takes place during WW2 but it's not a WW2 movie.

The story dragged on way too long. The humor was very dry. I'll continue in another post because I can't think right now but there wasn't anything that stood out in this film compared to Pulp, Kill Bill 1 (I couldn't finish 2) and Jackie Brown. Its like Tarantino can do no wrong in the eyes of some viewers. Pulp Fiction wasn't even that great to be honest. The Kill Bill series is overrated but people loved the over the top violence present in both of the films. Like all films dealing with the Nazis, Jews and the Holocaust they are all proclaimed great before they hit the screen. IB doesn't fit that criteria in my opinion.
It sounds like you don't care for Tarantino.
And as Tarantino said it, Basterds takes place during WW2 but it's not a WW2 movie.

Maybe I don't care for Tarantino. He's one of the most overrated directors of the last 15 years. He hasn't grown as a director and people havefailed to see that. The same themes are recurrent in each and every one of his films. Everything that he makes borrows heavily from other films or elementsbefore him. Jackie Brown - blaxploitation film. Reservoir Dogs - Chow Yun Fat's City on Fire. Kill Bill series -borrowing from Asian culture once again to create a cluster %%$* of violence. The man is not innovative nor original and his presence on the screen would bebetter done away with. Planet Terror outshone Death Proof in every facet.

The quote by Tarantino means nothing. Yeah it takes place during World War 2 and of course its not a World War 2 movie. The war itself is rarely mentionedmaybe once. I saw the movie, I understood the movie, I just didn't like it.

Back
Top Bottom