Taxi 12's - December '13

I think there are two reasons for the amount of hype Jordans get these days.

1. Visablity

With IG, and Twitter it is simple to find out when the next Jordans/LeBrons/KDs/ etc come out.
Before social media exploded, NT was THE worldwide leader on ALL information pertaining to new releases.
Its like almost everyone on the internet got their info from NT and reposted it on their site.

Now people just go to Nikestore twitter and get their info. No work involved. It all right there laid out on a silver platter.
And since they are so visible you get a lot of people just buying the shoes to look cool. Not because they actually like the shoe.

This truth is demonstrated by the fact that you see so many people rush out to buy the shoes. Post it on their IG and then sell the shoes 1 week later.
For some, Jordans are simply a way to get e-props or make some money price gouging, and nothing else.
Prime example:

wow
BbeOF6KCIAAXZUz.jpg:large
One person got the shoes, and the other one didnt. But it didnt stop the one that didnt from posting that picture so she could get those 20 or 21 likes.
Or maybe Im giving them too much credit, cause both of em could've took that picture from someone else who got em, and fronted.

What happened to the love for the man, the myth, the legend, and the legacy that Js represent? Is it gone? *shrugs*

2.A lower concentration of knowledgeable shoeheads.

There are still alot of experts out there and even heads with a good knowledge base, but there was also a steep rise in hyped up zombie buyers
diluting the customer pool IMO.
I say this because I dont know how many times today and on other releases I see someone pay through the roof, for some
shoes that came out hours ago. Today it was taken to a new level. There were dudes out here posting the Taxis for 300+ on CL,eBay, etc.
Which is ridiculous considering the fact that you can cop some VNDS OG Taxis for $350-$375 or even cheaper. Ive seen some listed for $315

/rant

Last edited:
Did u use a computer or your mobile?? NDC had me in line until everything was sold out.

laptop, honestly It could have been longer than 3 mins cause i was waiting for kboe preludes and was thinking man Im probably going to strike out. Ill just add taxi incase. waited in line and got them checked out around 24 mins after link dropped.

I honestly think my internet speed is super slow. Fnl had me on the splash forever until they finally ran out of sizes as well as Ndc. Then I wasn't in the mood to button mash foot action cart until they got added. So I lost this release.

I dont understand how people struck out. I added it on NDC maybe 3 mins after link was tweeted and got mine with no problem

probably connection speed and browser. nike should tell people which browser will work best on their site

for some reason it would error out whenever people should have been sent to the buy page

and eastbay really did have a ton of size 12. that size was the last to sell out according to eastbay twitter

probably connection speed and browser. nike should tell people which browser will work best on their site

for some reason it would error out whenever people should have been sent to the buy page
same happen to me..which browser were u using..i was on a mobile

If your talking about Gamma's, I don't think it'll be as bad, if they produce numbers like they did for Bred's no one should have an issue, 500K+

500,000 pairs for 1.5-2million people = EXTREME CHAOS
Don't get caught slippin next Saturday at the mall walking to your cars.

Last edited:
Didn't plan on coppin these and had em in cart with Lebron MN on NDC yesterday. Removed em last second before checkout. Thinkin now I should of just picked em up. smh.
Anyone know of a place that got em for retail or close to?

Asking how these fit should be an automatic ban from this thread.

LOL!!! It's like that in all threads. Smh!!

If u really think about it, they all fit roughly the same. I think about when I bout the 04 retros and decided to half .5 size down to be snug. Personal preference changed as I got older and preferred more room. So now I go tts. Listening to everyone's opinion, it's the same exact thing

LOL!!! It's like that in all threads. Smh!!

If u really think about it, they all fit roughly the same. I think about when I bout the 04 retros and decided to half .5 size down to be snug. Personal preference changed as I got older and preferred more room. So now I go tts. Listening to everyone's opinion, it's the same exact thing

Thanks for your help!

Wife sife hey you dont need to buy all these shoes before Christmas, so as a good hubby I said ok babe I will just be happy with my Gammas. So mid afternoon walking around the mall she says hey wanna stop in Champs and see if the have your shoes. Man I was so pissed!! SMMFH

Back
Top Bottom