Taxi 12's - December '13

Managed to track down a 2nd pair...

wait whut ? 
laugh.gif
  good stuff man

Last edited:
I just dont get it ...

I really dont, its embarrassing because those of us with sense get associated with that madness of folks with no respect for anything but themselves and that "i got mine" attitude

What's up guys, I was able to get the Taxi 12's from the 2008 countdown pack and I was also able to get Saturdays Taxi XII  release. Items of note:

I have BOTH releases in front of me here doing a comparison and if you look VERY closely the tumbled  leather of the countdown pack is a bit different than the leather they used on the 2013 release. It almost looks as if the leather Nike used for 2013 could possibly be a synthetic leather or something??? When I squeeze the leather by the ankle of the 2013 release the leather is noticeably harder and rigid/ course...now obviously the 2013's are NEW SHOES so they have to be broken in but I reckon if anyone had both shoes in front of them you can clearly tell Jordan brand used a different leather here and I'd be willing to bet this was a cost savings measure for the new release.

Diving more so into the detail...... the 2008 couuntdown pack leather is softer to the touch and just seems to have more of that "old tumbled leather look. It also has more of a suttle gloss to them to give them a nicer shine. Basically what I'm getting at is the leather quality is better on the older pair. 
Examining the  2013's, it could be real leather (maybe) but the quality certainly isn't as nice as the countdown pack. 

If you should have both pair check it out and it's something you can definitely notice.

These most definitely aren't real leather. You should see the difference between the 2013 Taxis vs the 2004 12s...

These 2013 Taxis don't seem to have any ankle foam either. They almost feel like a pair of 1s at the ankle.

I'm probably just bitter tho. I love 12s and these are pretty bad quality wise. I haven't hated a pair of 12s this much since those velvet Flu Games.

Last edited:
Im surprised that video up there they were doing that for these. 12s are really that popular? Im gonna be scared to see what the gamma 11 chaos is going to look like.

Im surprised that video up there they were doing that for these. 12s are really that popular? Im gonna be scared to see what the gamma 11 chaos is going to look like.
no way in hel would i be anywhere neat a ftl,champs,eb,fa,fnl,nt or mall on a 11 release. imaging that 12 video aint nothing compared to what is coming.

the sheer force needed to tear off that door isn't that much but that is kinda scary that people were going nuts like that over 12's...........

I honestly think if the 12's dropped anytime during the year except 10 days or so from Christmas it wouldn't have been this insane and probably would have been on par with the Steel 10 release which seemed a bit more limited than some GR's.

Last edited:
That's why I stick to FNL online. I haven't failed yet.

They doing this for a pair of 12's? Imagine the chaos over the Columbia's.

it's nothing to do with the shoes just timing like I said before holiday/tax return season everybody a "sneakerhead" where these ppl in July? Black Friday - st patricks day is mayhem.

Last edited:
Crazy, this is actually yesterday for the Gamma tickets....Thank god I won the draft..... News was wrongly informed on this story

Last edited:
you know what amazes m? the obsidian 12s were not an instant sellout. those are effing awsome and fresh.i wish i had doubled up.

Back
Top Bottom