TEAM-AF-ONE VOL. 3 THREAD

Quote:
do you think that all the @#%$ nike puts out adds hype to the vintage stuff?
TEAM-AF-ONE

TEAM RICK ASTLEY
I'm Rick Rollin'
TeamWolfShirts
"I was in the first plane that hit the towers, and I survived without a scratch! I gave my boy Saddam a Fresh Wolf Tee but he laughed and said that he was too cool to wear one.... That's why he got caught... Not mine biches!!!"

Can we go back to the AFones with just new fresh colorways? i dont need the sole to be i diffrent style than the rest of the shoe :smh:
smh.gif
Now the question is is to have had and lost Better than not having at all?

they should call it the incest pack for all that crossbreeding. Must say though, I really like the safari ones. SBTG (i think?) was light years ahead on that one.

I want to flip back a couple of pages and revisit a question I myself have asked many times.

Quote:
The question is...WHY are older releases so much more common in Japan? Anyone have a plausible explanation?

At first the answer "Japan is cool" seems irrelevant, and more of a product than a cause of the question, but the more I think about it, the more that facile answer hits the spot.

I have an opinion and I'd like to hear other's as well.

(warning, I am making sweeping generalizations so please correct me if I am overreaching)

Japanese, being the trendiest people on this planet by far, roam from fashion to fashion devouring everything in its path, maniacally studying, analyzing, collecting, and hoarding until complete mastery over the subject. But when this brief frenzy is over the herd moves on to the next big thing. Fashion isn't move in the languid pace of spring, summer, fall, winter, but seems to move at a pace of this month, that month etc.

the best example of this is air max 95. When those joints dropped people were having judo matches over them and neons went for nearly 400-500USD. But a couple of seasons later, the whole country forgot about them. I'm not sure when the apex of AF1 collector's mania occurred here, but my suspicion is that it has gone and went, and people who hoarded a bit too much are trying to unload their stocks and convert it to cash for the next big thing.

If you people think that vintage AF1's go for a lot, you should see the prices that go for vintage converse. The bid counts and the final prices may seem asinine to us but converse are in at the moment in some circles. Who knows how long it will last? It would take a big name celebrity to say "converse suck" or "visvims rule" to bring the masses to a new direction.

To be fair, the axe swings both ways, and the way people look longingly here for vintage nike, is the same way a Japanese kid here might be bashing his head through the monitor because he can't read English to order spizikes, huf quakes, Honey Toast Crunch, an offensive army (enter any American Exclusive product). Everything you folks find ordinary, in the Japanese mind it is co.usa.

We're all sheep and the grass is greener on the other side.

lord knows I bahhhhhhh a few times here and there myself.

But good gentlemen let me pose another question, is it sheer fate, some queer arrangement of the stars, that the TEAM AF1 THREAD and its collectors lack the harmony of the Team AIR Max thread, or is there something inherent in the shoes themselves, the lack of huge sizes, the dwindling stock of co.jps, PEs, etc (when is the last time you saw fat joe whip out Terror Squad running shoes), fewer variations (mid, low, high vis-a-vis air max 89-2007) that makes AF1 collectors vicious when it comes to the hunt?

Truth be told, there's something embedded in the shoe, some consequence of its construction that forces the nasty out of some people. I imagine an AF1 to be some juicy woolly mammoth, ready for the pit fires, and AMs to be vegetables, growing neatly in rows in the garden. AF1 heads hunt like lone nomads and when they go out to hunt, they look for blood, ready with that SLR to show the tribe in 10 megapixel format what they sniped for dinner (word to Tyler). AM heads seem to be gatherers, harvesting information speaking in Dutch whenever possible while watering their AM plants. For better or for worse, vintage af1s can be worn and searching for old gems is actually a viable practice compared to AMs cracking, and so the AM community isn't as opposed to new releases because they can wear them.

I'm rambling so I'll stop.

since all spots are blown, if anyone wants me to scoop anything up for a tip, hit me up!

Neo Tokyo fresh catch of the day sashimi shoes!

Oh my lord I still remember Ala Moana Foot locker. I remember the smell of the clothes, new shoes and that b-ball rim with all the signatures on it. The new FL is too big and seems boring with all these ridiculous hip hop clothes in xxxxl. Maybe I just grew out of it, but FL was so cool back then.

When I was a young hoodlum, after a late night movie at Kahala Mall, I ran at full speed and smashed my arm through the metal gate and snatched a t-shirt from FL. This is of course back in the day when bringing your backpack into the mall was a cool thing. The last time I looked there was some apple store in its stead and 10 year olds drinking coffee at starbucks. *sigh

yo if you ever come down to Japan, I got you (even though it seems you are quite familiar with the place already)
Neo Tokyo fresh catch of the day sashimi shoes!

You see that's what I don't get what is the harm in posting a link from YJ since only the people who are already hooked up can purchase from there, its not like an Ebay link where every tom, @#%$ and harry can bid on it. I also don't understand what hype has to do with it since how does saying here is the shoes you are looking for translate into saying here is a super rare shoe that everyone want's. To me it seems selfish and the fact that people don't wan't to share, the price has nothing to do with it, prices are already high in most cases on YJ. I find it funny aswell when people complain about ''spots being blown'' anybody with any common sence can google search a style code and find these sites it's not rocket science. I'm just sick of this constant hype talk it's so boreing, lets be honest hype beasts don't wear vintage AF1's bums on the street do, personally I think that it's great that people have a better chance of finding the shoes they wan't.

:lol:
laugh.gif
it censored d.i.c.k

Now you have gone and shot yourself in the foot thats the bit you try and keep secret from the lurkers :lol:
laugh.gif

That's much better thank you, and im still waiting to see your AF1 collection pic :b
tongue.gif

Quote:
The question is...WHY are older releases so much more common in Japan? Anyone have a plausible explanation?
Rockdeep
..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Quote:
Honey Toast Crunch
laugh.gif
TEAM-AF-ONE

TEAM RICK ASTLEY
I'm Rick Rollin'
TeamWolfShirts
"I was in the first plane that hit the towers, and I survived without a scratch! I gave my boy Saddam a Fresh Wolf Tee but he laughed and said that he was too cool to wear one.... That's why he got caught... Not mine biches!!!"

^ size 12? >:
mad.gif
TEAM-AF-ONE
TEAMKINGKOOPA
TeamWolfShirts
"This shirt makes me invincible as well as invisible. The ultimate addition to any spy's repetoire."

Quote:
At first the answer "Japan is cool" seems irrelevant, and more of a product than a cause of the question, but the more I think about it, the more that facile answer hits the spot.
laugh.gif
TEAMSOVIETTEAM AF-ONE

Yo everyone arguing about yahoo.jp, ihave been trying to figure out how to use it for like 3 months now. it has left me empty and sad like a high school girlfriend.
i know there are treasures out there but i will be darned if i can figure out how to get em.
****Team Born-Again****
"Jesus Christ Is Life, the rest is collecting Js"...
go bears
Go Cubs
Found my sertig's... now i am on the hunt for some Union 180's sz 13 DS or NDS

The prices are not really that bad and I wish people would stop talking about price and hype and concentrate more on the shoe itself.

OGfiend you have a fair point when it comes to posting links so I won't be doing that in here, but a bit of friendly advice to anyone on the hunt just try your luck searching style codes on google you would be suprised by what you find, hint hint to those who like the USA mids. I had the USA AM BW's when I was younger and I much prefer them to those mids.

I also found the rant rather entertaining I'm going to be more like a vegetable from now on lol.

p.s I must apologise to size 12 what I posted yesterday was a bit harsh and uncalled for so I'm sorry for that, and your shoes are fine with me I'm just jealous that I didn't get to make id's during the 1st season when they had all those nice materials :tongue:
tongue.gif

i dont understand how you guys actually search for shoes. i mean to be honest i browse and look every day. something pops up i like i buy it. i let the shoe come to me pretty much. i wont spend everyday looking for that one shoe. for example my stash highs, i really wanted that shoe and out of the blue i get a pm from somebody who is selling them. the shoe literally came to me. no search necessary. i wasnt spending my time looking for that one shoe. wasting valuable time on other stuff i could grab that was out there in the mean time. im not saying people just hit me up like "yo i got this for you", im just not really searching. more just looking for old af1s that i would like to have
TEAM-AF-ONE

Back
Top Bottom