..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

Got these in for around $50 shipped of ebay.
After a good clean:

These thanks to 2guard, i love tumbled leather.
pimp.gif

Also got these in, love the colourway, dissapointed in the quality

Originally Posted by CDub Yo

Originally Posted by Topclassbubblah

Wassup team...quick question...to all you guys who use paint to whiten your midsoles....whats the best way to get it off without damaging the sneaker???

I used rubbing alcohol on a pair of 3's and it worked well, just don't get it on the leather.

tried that but the paint is on there pretty strong in some parts.....im about to use paint thinner or something and hope for the best 
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by AmnMolinar

Loony- they're size 9 01 or 02 samples. Just all whites with different size tags inside, completly different tags. The leather and shape is crazy as hell. Hands down the best and most unique pair of all whites I've her held in my hands it belongs to my man Daniel.

Yup Sergio said it the best. There just all white FT samples from '01 with a crazy tumbled leather upper and an awsome shape that you just don't see in todays AF1's. Heres some picks for a better view.

Those white samples are amazing!!!
Here is my recent AF1 pickup they are from 2003 White with  tannish/oliveish accents.
A simple colorway and great leather quality is always nice!
Anyone have any info on these? I dont know to much about them. Were they GRs?

Also dont samples have the "999999" on the tag? these say "999998" Are they size 8 samples?

Sorry for all the pics and questions
embarassed.gif

Wassup team...quick question...to all you guys who use paint to whiten your midsoles....whats the best way to get it off without damaging the sneaker???
are you talking about air force 1 midsoles?  I didn't think anybody painted them because they are rubber.  if you're talking about foam-based midsoles, you can strip the paint with acetone.  however, if you strip the paint and put new paint on, chances are it is going to crack and chip off after a few wears.  the best thing you can do is paint over the existing paint. 

If they were "one of the best AF1 ever" in your opinion why would it matter???....sometimes i feel like people buy shoes for the praise of others more than anything...*no shots*
denverairforce wrote:
Topclassbubblah wrote:

are you talking about air force 1 midsoles?  I didn't think anybody painted them because they are rubber.  if you're talking about foam-based midsoles, you can strip the paint with acetone.  however, if you strip the paint and put new paint on, chances are it is going to crack and chip off after a few wears.  the best thing you can do is paint over the existing paint.  

yeap....AF1 midsoles....they can be painted just not sure with what type....i got about 1/4 off of the midsole just by using water...ill post pics when i get home and ill be sure to look into the acetone....would the acetone affect the leather in any wya tho???...not trying to destroy my courir's in one night...took me 3 years to get a pair  
laugh.gif

impulse bought these today. probably wear them a few times and toss them in the closet. still salty i missed out on the workboots when they dropped here. 
fjq0wk.jpg

^ at least you're honest, lmfaooo

I was gonna do the same with the black Futura highs.. might still do it when I find them dirt cheap.
CANT GO WRONG WITH BLACK AF1s!

anyone have a yahoo japan auction in here? tryin to cop some co.jp forces i seen there but have no way of contacting the seller haha

ThunderChunk69 wrote:

hell no you can't!!!
pimp.gif

the all black with the white midsole and gray swoosh joints that Erv gave me, I wear those things everyday!!!
pimp.gif
I might need 2 or 3 pairs of those

i like those puerto rico's but im haitian so idk if thats out of bounds or not....anyways the navy puerto rico's are the best cw imo

Originally Posted by gettinit247

Loony- they're size 9 01 or 02 samples. Just all whites with different size tags inside, completly different tags. The leather and shape is crazy as hell. Hands down the best and most unique pair of all whites I've her held in my hands it belongs to my man Daniel.

Yup Sergio said it the best. There just all white FT samples from '01 with a crazy tumbled leather upper and an awsome shape that you just don't see in todays AF1's. Heres some picks for a better view.

Ever sell, let me know.
grin.gif

And for those buying newer AF1s check the sizes. I just screwed on a pair. Box says sz9, one is a sz9 and other is sz8.5.
mad.gif

houstonsnk wrote: 

Ever sell, let me know.
grin.gif

Jerm has those things on lock if anything
laugh.gif

He was like "dude Daniel sell me these right now man!!" My dude Daniel didn't cave in though he held his ground.

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Can anyone tell me how hard it was to get the first Mr. Cartoons? (the navy/grey ones I just bought)
when they dropped it seemed like it was pretty easy even though they were highly anticipated and were only a cali/west coast release? i dunno man. there was a dude on NT (his email was like bloodpiru or something like that) and he must have grabbed me around 10 pairs. 
damn i just pulled the trigger on them workboots from ebay. that really, really hurt paying that price 
mad.gif

houstonsnk wrote: 

Ever sell, let me know.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

He was like "dude Daniel sell me these right now man!!" My dude Daniel didn't cave in though he held his ground.

that sucks
laugh.gif

Ill get workboots next month. Too much stuff droppin now.

If they were "one of the best AF1 ever" in your opinion why would it matter???....sometimes i feel like people buy shoes for the praise of others more than anything...*no shots*
denverairforce wrote:
Topclassbubblah wrote:
yeap....AF1 midsoles....they can be painted just not sure with what type....i got about 1/4 off of the midsole just by using water...ill post pics when i get home and ill be sure to look into the acetone....would the acetone affect the leather in any wya tho???...not trying to destroy my courir's in one night...took me 3 years to get a pair  
laugh.gif

i had painted the midsoles of an old beat pair of af1's about 6 years ago as an experiment, i used createx acrylic paint mixed with a little bit of acetone. they've been sitting in my closet ever since. out of curiosity i pulled them out a couple weeks ago and tested how durable the paint was. i couldn't scratch it off with my fingernail no matter how hard i tried. foaming shoe cleaner did not take it off either (although it cleaned the dirt marks off that were on the painted part). mr. clean magic eraser took a little off after a few scrubs. acetone will most definitely take the paint off, it won't damage the rubber either. but it will mess up the leather. i didn't try using rubbing alcohol.
hope that helps you out.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I was gonna do the same with the black Futura highs.. might still do it when I find them dirt cheap.
yeah. all them futuras are sitting like lead bricks at our shop. can't wait until they do a clearance sale - maybe even wait until black friday 
laugh.gif

wore my black on black canvas af1 lows earlier today - wish i had a bunch of those to beat. 

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

^^have you seen the women high tops? They look nice quality too.
can you post a pic? the shop here isn't really ordering any women's shoes cause they don't sell well. 
i'm eyeing up 2 pairs in japan right now but the US dollar is so weak 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

houstonsnk wrote: 

Ever sell, let me know.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

that sucks
laugh.gif

Ill get workboots next month. Too much stuff droppin now.

Don't think I'll be letting them go anytime soon! Jermaine knows these have a special place in my heart  
laugh.gif
  white on white AF1's are my first love...its the shoe that made me start collecting in the first place lol

everyone does have a price though hmm.... 

m tr4nch - interesting, and good to know. I guess I didn't mean to imply that I didn't think af1 midsoles should be painted, I just meant there are other ways of whitening them by getting them back to their natural state (whitening gel, and sand paper - which i've had success with even on the textured midsole of the af1). but it would make sense that paint would work ok because that texture probably holds it on there pretty well.

Topclassbubblah - the only other advice I have is if you use acetone, not only will it mess up the leather if you get any on it and let it sit for more than a couple seconds, it will also take the paint off the "air" and the line on the midsole, so be careful. and I guess I'm still confused; did you buy a pair of courirs that somebody else tried painting and it doesn't look good? or did you try painting them and they didn't come out good?

Just wanted to clarify.
For the whitening gel you apply it and leave it overnight then wipe it off then repeat again?

Back
Top Bottom