..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

NI318775-004_pict1_11_103_14701.jpg

These just went up on PYS $119 free shipping.

bleach can cause yellowing, but it's typically only if it's not thoroughly rinsed off. I don't know if my method of lace cleaning will work on yellowing form age, but it's worth a shot:

I put the laces in a glass jar that I have a lid for, add some laundry detergent, some dish soap, some oxy clean, some bleach, some bon ami, whatever combination of cleaners I have around. fill about 3/4 with super hot water, put the lid on, shake the hell out of it and let it sit. shake it again every 20 minutes or so, after 3 or 4 times, they're about as white as they're going to get. rinse them thoroughly under running water, squeeze all the water out, rinse again, then squeeze again and let dry completely.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

NI318775-004_pict1_11_103_14701.jpg

These just went up on PYS $119 free shipping.
Looks like they started slapping the cheap 'Basic' leather on the 'Premium' AF1s now.
sick.gif

yup...i passed on the highs cuz they felt like garbage on my feet, even at $89 at the outlets...sure as hell was tempted before i tried em on

MNadal - tips meaning the ends of the laces? as long as they're not metal supreme laces or something, then yeah, everybody in the pool.

vood99 - I think leather is the word that really belongs in quotes there, haha. don't know that that stuff is that they use on the GR's, but it's not cow leather. maybe it's rat leather.

anyone here pickup those womens pearl blue/volt hi's that shoetrends has for sale.... been debating ordering but I rather see real pics.

anyone here pickup those womens pearl blue/volt hi's that shoetrends has for sale.... been debating ordering but I rather see real pics.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

MNadal - tips meaning the ends of the laces? as long as they're not metal supreme laces or something, then yeah, everybody in the pool.

vood99 - I think leather is the word that really belongs in quotes there, haha. don't know that that stuff is that they use on the GR's, but it's not cow leather. maybe it's rat leather.
I don't know brother - I highly doubt any animal gave up its life to produce the crap that's passed off as 'leather' on AF1s. AF1 'Pleather' used to be bad but it's gotten far, far worse as of late.

they take a sheet of plastic, marinate it in piss and then right before they make the shoe, they rub it up against a real cow. and that's about as close to leather as that crap will ever be. 

Originally Posted by Cidetrax

You guys see these? What do you think of these upcoming Forces? I might cop. Pics courtesy of Sneakernews.com

737261e3877a59469026e1a9902ff1d5ed0823f8.jpg

bcf16a347e959866afb5803b7cca926c4ed53f2f.jpg

White with 3m Swoosh.
these been out a couple weeks in the philippines.

leather is terrible, as usual.

futura forces are gathering dust here. the clear soles already yellowed from being on display..

^^^ very sad. I can't believe Futura let them put his name on those shoes.
What a fail nike
smh.gif

Kevin-
roll.gif
man this stuff sucks so bad!!!

No wonder everyone is holding onto gems right now. I can never find anything for sale.

the new material is designed for people like ck who can "one and done" their wallets all day long. even at a discount i pass. too bad cause they've come out with some great, simple colorways. 
in japan: there was a really nice pair of purp canvas highs at horie skit but they were size 12 (30cm) and there was another really nice pair of highs that i feel stupid that i passed on so i might try to snag those up later. overall, the selection of lows was poor. i got a coupla pairs in the works so i'm crossing my fingers. passing on the obsidian snakes cause i already have a pair - will have to double up on those one day real soon though. 

they take a sheet of plastic, marinate it in piss and then right before they make the shoe, they rub it up against a real cow. and that's about as close to leather as that crap will ever be.

laugh.gif

Yeah, the whole futura thing is really sad...but you know what? The people buying the shoe probably dont know who futura is or just know that he was a writer but never seen his work, so it doesn't even matter.

The navy/orange futura highs have one of the nicest colorways I've seen in a while, but they're still totally uncoppable. The only af1s that seem to come out with good leather are ones with rolled edges or visible air or both, so that's not coppable either.

And on top of it all, I don't think it's just af1 fans like us who are skipping all these pairs, I'm not seeing people wearing af1s that much in NY anymore. I actually see more 6.0 dunks or random nike sb models than anything else to be honest. Oh, and lots of fusions. Who's gonna pay $70 at footaction for some bland looking plastic shoes when they can go to blades and buy some sb dunks for the same price and be "cool"? Things done changed...and I wonder if nike is making more from af1s by cheapening materials and introducing supreme models for $175 retail and all that crap than they were when all air force 1s were an inexpensive quality shoe that sold really well? It's kinda like if Nissan stopped putting basic features like power windows and radios on Altimas and said "you want these basic necessities? Buy an Infititi G35, that's your only option."

Kevin - you just had me laughing out loud at my office. and I completely agree, they finally start producing the clean, simple colorways again but with complete crap materials and poor construction and shape. you can't win with Nike. when they were still using some decent materials on the premium and supreme releases, they'd be some f'ed up colorway or like OGFiend said, have some visible air or rolled edges or whatever. you just can't win unless you go for older retros and vintage.

OGfiend - the saddest part is I've seen plenty of people argue that the supreme releases are worth $175. I don't even want to get into it, but this perspective drives me insane. these people bought right into the hustle Nike tried to pull. and the more that happens, the longer Nike will go in that direction. I don't think we'll ever see the af1 return to true form with a nice shape, simple colorways, AND good materials. sad to say, but I just don't see it. steel toe boot lookin' and/or rat piss plastic af1's from here on out.

denverairforce- I absolutely agree...I don't think we'll ever see the return of good leather, maybe on one or two freak pairs. "Hustle" is the best word to describe what Nike's doing...ever since "exclusive" sneakers became the trend, nike's been trying to make everything exclusive...but last I checked exclusive means unique and rare, which certainly isnt the case if everything the make is supposed to be collectible, its a huge contradiction.

All I can say is that I'm happy to have a stock of older air force 1s and no matter how much I feel like I've grown bored with collecting, I'll probably never stop buying older releases because I know that down the line it's only be harder and harder for me to find sneakers I'd actually wear.

I know that Nike employees prowl these boards all the time and it's obvious that they do not care how we feel about the miserable materials used......they must be making a good profit....

I think of all the $$$ I have spent on AF1 over the last 2-3 years, and not a single penny went to Nike.....that's their bad....

I also agree with the idea that buying newly realeased AF1 is not worthy of true collectors.....exclusivity based on small production runs and hype does not represent rarity.......

It's easy to find any of these new pairs, QS/TZ/F&F, all of them.......I respect Mayor completely, but I am not the least bit impressed when he rolls out all of the new releases like they are hard to find or rare, it's the hype macine working......I can't imagine that he has to pay or hunt for them....it's great marketing for Nike to see him holding them up in a TSG video...

I'd take a 1998-2003 GR any day over ALL of these new QS/TZ/F&F releases.....

Originally Posted by OGfiend

The only af1s that seem to come out with good leather are ones with rolled edges or visible air or both, so that's not coppable either.
laugh.gif
 it's so true. it's almost as if they're taunting us
laugh.gif

Rif.la has a pair of white/navy AF1 high that say "20th" on them. Does anyone know what the leather is like on that particular model?

Back
Top Bottom