..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

Originally Posted by AmnMolinar

everybody check this out!!! Just dug it out. Some super dope stuff in here

http://niketalk.com/topic/14062?page=3

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

thats where it all started the show us your air force 1 threads birthed the team air force 1 threads
im still here, i dont buy shoes anymore tho lol
still love and have all my air forces i posted

WoW at these and so many different members back then. If only i knew what i know now back in 05

those things are crazy! never seen them before.

SO many AF1s I had never seen before. Like low top Knicks CW jewels or those Carolina Euros. Its like everyone of them had Courirs back in the day.
I felt like I was looking in the past and I wanted to post in there and tell them all of that was a treasure. Back in 05 when things were still pretty decent as oppose to the crap they sell now.

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

Who remembers the term "Sherm-like denim"?

I think he single handedly put NT on to premium selvedge denim.

Sherm always had the air max and denim game on lock in wdywt and being from London it was a given. Then you had backside lip dude would always shut it down with heat, Phouvi with the vintage heat(snapped my neck with og ajko at the $C event
laugh.gif
) and emlosux just multiples with co.jp heaters. There are very few old heads left, but it's also good to see new generation stepping up. I think 01-07 sneaker collecting was at it's pinnacle.

All I can say is, hind sight (not to mention being a broke youngster), I just picture myself throwing away Eastbay catalogs & SMH @ myself that I couldn't afford $50-$75 sneakers. I just hope there are DS size 11.0 gems still out there, it seems like the AF1 scene has completely died.

Knowing the OG's exist gives me hope there is a DS size 11.0 Lemon Twist's out there waiting for me.

thanks for posting that.
smile.gif

i remember the good old days, even a couple years before that thread. i took a break from '04 to '06, and now thinking back (and looking through that thread) i wonder how many older pairs popped up for sale that i would have had the opportunity to grab but didn't know about since i was taking a "break" (and are on my wanted list now)
ohwell.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif
oh well though, if it's meant to be they'll come back around..

it sure isn't the same these days. seems like no one is really into af1's anymore. and all the older people just disappeared after a while.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I think 01-07 sneaker collecting was at it's pinnacle.

gonna have to agree with you on that one.

there was a good 3 or 4 volumes of the show us your air force 1 threads before we even made the first team air force 1 thread

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

it seems like the AF1 scene has completely died.
no never that bro. I'm not trying to put myself out here like the poster boy for AF1s  but people like me will always come in here and try to pick up the pieces to the puzzle again.
I love forces way too much to ever let them go. I stand by that shoe 100% all the way. Always has and always will be my favorite sneaker. Even though my pickups are slow right now doesn't mean I gave up on forces. They're just harder and harder to find these days (good stuff)

Originally Posted by AmnMolinar

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

it seems like the AF1 scene has completely died.
no never that bro. I'm not trying to put myself out here like the poster boy for AF1s  but people like me will always come in here and try to pick up the pieces to the puzzle again.
I love forces way too much to ever let them go. I stand by that shoe 100% all the way. Always has and always will be my favorite sneaker. Even though my pickups are slow right now doesn't mean I gave up on forces. They're just harder and harder to find these days (good stuff)

Let me rephrase what I was trying to say; the AF1 buyers market has died off.  I agree, AF1s are the perfect sneaker.  Just finding those older pairs seems very rare now-a-days.  I still have a laundry list of older AF1s I need to find.

it was crazy seeing un-atmos in that thread. I damn near think they are harder to find than atmos.

That seems true for all those JD and EU exclusives.  I have been looking for many of them since 04-05 and still cant find them in my size.  Missing parts of the basket-ball pack, Un-atmos, Black w/ grey stitched Matrix and, especially, JD-Bulls come to mind. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

it was crazy seeing un-atmos in that thread. I damn near think they are harder to find than atmos.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you referring to those JD forces with the white swoosh?  I been wanting a pair of those for a while too.  I actually prefer the colorblocking on those to the actual atmos pair.  there's been a beat pair on the bay for a minute now but they're just too beat for me.  would like to find those in good shape sometime. 

also, I think finding older pairs is increasingly harder because Nike rarely makes anything new that people care about buying.  more and more people are looking for older stuff from when Air Force Ones weren't shaped like steel toe boots and made of rathide.  

Back
Top Bottom