..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

One flaw that I see with CK's list is that he has a lot based on nostalgia, to say top 50 you have to leave out personal emotions (I mean, those DAMN LOOK@ THAT #$% is O.K.) and go purely upon design. To me that means no white on whites, especially as #1. And putting the OG #1 AF1 in there doesn't makesense as well, yeah it started the obsession that we all get to enjoy today, but is it really top 100? hmmm.

Red, if anyone else does it for comparison, we should set some guidelines. This could be pretty fun to compare everyones.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

One flaw that I see with CK's list is that he has a lot based on nostalgia, to say top 50 you have to leave out personal emotions (I mean, those DAMN LOOK @ THAT #$% is O.K.) and go purely upon design. To me that means no white on whites, especially as #1. And putting the OG #1 AF1 in there doesn't make sense as well, yeah it started the obsession that we all get to enjoy today, but is it really top 100? hmmm.

Red, if anyone else does it for comparison, we should set some guidelines. This could be pretty fun to compare everyones.
Ok I'll start off the quidelines.

1. No white on white's or black on black's
2. No shoe's that haven't been released to the public. (samples, p.e.'s, I.D's)
3. No high's or mid's (we could make another list for those imo)

add more if you can think of any 8tothe24

Originally Posted by Redrum SB

One flaw that I see with CK's list is that he has a lot based on nostalgia, to say top 50 you have to leave out personal emotions (I mean, those DAMN LOOK @ THAT #$% is O.K.) and go purely upon design. To me that means no white on whites, especially as #1. And putting the OG #1 AF1 in there doesn't make sense as well, yeah it started the obsession that we all get to enjoy today, but is it really top 100? hmmm.

2. Hypers available to public is o.k., i.e. turtles, allstars, etc.
3. O.k., maybe we should do top 35 lows, 20 highs, 15 mids at separate times. Or something like that.

4. We use the pics from the psp download on the 1thology page. That way if we have to use other's pics *cough, cough... Kevin's*, we can size themaccordingly.
5. Reason why not necessary, just a pic slideshow is good enough.
6. Not gender sensetive, female AF1s should be included. This is about design.
Feel free to add as anyone thinks of them.

nice atmos.
pimp.gif
Been trying to find an 11 for years now.

Agree ..... shhhhhhhh t I been on the hunt for a size 12 since the get-go.

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

I waited 6 years for a pair...
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
Damn, that must have been a great feeling. You deserve to get them for waiting that long! What is next on the list??

Thank for all the comments guys!! Almost 200 pages..
nerd.gif

So the jewels on the last page that you mentioned are a no go? I know I'm being a little difficult but I say top 25-30 lows, 20 highs and 20 mids?

Originally Posted by pUreRetr05

Damn, that must have been a great feeling. You deserve to get them for waiting that long! What is next on the list??

Thank for all the comments guys!! Almost 200 pages..
nerd.gif
You know I was smiling ear to ear and still am. Next is a pair of Stash highs(grey joints), Purple highs from 93, blk/orange jewels, 1996Olympics... I just realized this list will probably be impossible to find but definitely some linens and some type of blk/wht lows or even non patent sheedhighs.
laugh.gif

loonyrobert wrote:

So the jewels on the last page that you mentioned are a no go? I know I'm being a little difficult but I say top 25-30 lows, 20 highs and 20 mids?

You right, Wht/wht and Blk/blk should be on the list.

I was just saying that I don't understand them being #1 on a list.

Question is about those jewels, Did they ever release to the public. If they did
pimp.gif
, blk/blk shoes always remind me of orthopedic shoes but those are hot.

^ I understan the plain or blk/blk I understand beig ruled out but wht/wht with clear bottoms or those jewels I see making a list. But ofcourse if they are #1I won't even take your list seriously. That would be like saying a regular Porsche > all when we know there is the gt3 or the turbo and such.

yeah. But, that will be the point in this. To get a feel for everyone's opinions and compare what we come up with. CK and other celebs do their top picksand they have access and money (access) to AF1s we will never touch. (Not hating, I would do the same) But most of us are on here daily talking AF1s, so to me,our list seems a little more solid than Fat Joe and CK, etc. (Like I said, no hate, I am not trying to rub anyone the wrong way or if those dudes are in herecreepin).

But if someone wants to put wht/wht basics (which is what we were talking about) on their list, then have at it. It is only 1 spot out of 30/50 whatever we do.Like yourself, I can't take a list with wht/wht basics as #1 seriously. But I'll check the lists out all the same.

As for posting them, I found a couple sites out there that let you make picture slide shows similar to the one Nike did, just an easy google search.
-Open a free picture site upload account
-open a free slide show page account
-post on NT

The hard part is going to be getting pics, i.e. obsidian snakes. I don't think they were on the 1thology page and to me those are definite top 50. GRR,found the wife a pair but yet to even see an 11.0.

The hardest part will be putting the top 50 together. I started doing this last week and it will probably take me some time. I start analyzing them all andstart wishing I could actually try some of them on. Watching that video of the top 100 got me going. It might be my new life goal to find DS 11.0 Lemontwists.

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

No, what I'm talking about is the all black and all white ones that are always in store's, the plain joints that you can go cop anytimeanywhere.
Variations on those should be acceptable.
But if anyone really wants to put the plain joints on their list then go ahead.

8tothe24,
I agree completely with you. I'm down to do the list. The snake joints I found in a 9 and 10 ds but never in the 11 we all hunt for.

Redrum SB,
yeup basically what I ment. Not gonna hate on anyones list if they are on there but as a number one?

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

Agree ..... shhhhhhhh t I been on the hunt for a size 12 since the get-go.
pretty sure I could help you with a sz 12 un-atmos

I know I know, but better than nothing
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by xilegacy

I understand they are for a good cause but I would never be able to wear those.

I agree. Good cause or not, if they wanted to sell them, they should had chosen something that doesn't look like a kids AF1.

I agree. Good cause or not, if they wanted to sell them, they should had chosen something that doesn't look like a kids AF1.

it WAS a kid who made them. His name is Bradley. He like outdoors.

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

it WAS a kid who made them. His name is Bradley. He like outdoors.

haha. I didn't know the back story on them. Is it a kids shoe or adult shoe thought, that is what I was trying to say. But a kid designed it, so that iscool. It would be one of those buy it to help a charity deals.

if they made the whole shoe outta that pedo pajama print, used a gumsole and made the lasering on the midsole a little more outrageous, i might have consideredbuying a pair.

on a side note, those black jewels are absolutely beautiful. does anyone have a pic of a real pair?

Back
Top Bottom