TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After one walk around the house paint chipping FTL
mad.gif

^ Worst part is that I had em for no more than 5 mins smh will wear them until they fully chip and take em them to get repainted.

^^ damn, that's harsh on those Max Oranges. i was about to say you should have no trouble with wearing anything orange box... forgot about the paint chipping problem
smh.gif

Andrew - nice job on the Bursts. re: whitening mesh, i used (undiluted) bleach several times on my old 87s. i was really delicate at first applying the dirty marks with a cotton bud (i think these might be called tips over there lol) but as there was little effect i quickly increased the amount. i then VERY gently scrubbed, let it soak for 15-30 mins then thoroughly rinsed (and i mean a LOT, bleach stinks! you may also get water marks after drying but these wash out). i did this several times until it no longer made any difference. i didn't have to worry about the toeguard material bleaching either as it's that synthetic rubber stuff. i'm sure bleach can weaken the mesh too so just be careful if you try this, you don't wanna tear holes into it. my 87s were battered when i got 'em so i didn't care too much - dirty toeboxes = not worth wearing anyway imo.

washed (once) and out to dry:
3721845034_2246e8fdc9.jpg

all done:
3821396473_72b980a542.jpg

3822208066_501f0d6f89.jpg

not perfect, but much better.

Justin can vouch for the state these were in originally:
3844113648_7ff8ac43c3.jpg

btw, if you want those Lights, it works out about $175-180 shipped to the US. the JD site doesn't say exclusive so maybe they'll pop up stateside anyway.

Mitchell - that's a great book, i picked it up last year when it first came out... def one of the better sneaker reads. love the +41 joints in there.
kickz - Stash iDs came out
smokin.gif
i was contemplating selling my older Stash inspireds to do those. the toebox issue still freaks me out tho... not that i know too much about it as i'm still waiting my FIRST pairs
frown.gif

gotta agree with the Ben Drury comments. premium materials, the leather lining... how they look is only half of the story.

US11 heads up - DS '05 Slate AM95s on Napsize for $115. be warned, they might have already sold but still be showing on the site - FC style!
eyes.gif

^ That sucks bro.  And all that around the house in just a few minutes? What size are you?

c4, jibby -
pimp.gif

Brian - I like those customs
pimp.gif

gooey - nice 87s and nice tips on the mesh
pimp.gif

Have a good night guys, infrared 90's tonight to watch the Kentucky/Tennessee game (trust me
wink.gif
)

FAM!

still trying to catch up on everything...
sk8...nice IDs
g...sick 87s

these were waiting for me when I got back from my trip...much thanks to the fam who gave me the heads up
smokin.gif

4355160090_bd5d0dc250_o.jpg

bonus...sunrise in DR...will have a bunch to post on the blog, they are on the flickr for now
glasses.gif

4354400941_539f6f354f_o.jpg

Greg - jealous of where you just came from. Nice shot and pick up

Justin - forgot about the Patta auction
frown.gif
...$152 + shipping No bad I guess

Sorry about those Max Orange. You should just rock em anyways, atleast they're wearable

G - Those Blk/White cleaned up well. I want that other pair
nerd.gif

Nice ID's Youngsk8

Wore these today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Fam
4354467475_cdcc9663be_o.jpg

gooeywooey-Thats the reason I bought them the quality besides the paint chipping is better than the HOA pair there more comfortable and they look better IMO smh at Nike quality.
larrivee7- Sad indeed I was pretty ticked off but I am over it they are an 8.5 literally I took a walk from my room to my living room
mad.gif
it almost like the paint is peeling never seen it before so fast.
Battleground03-Will probably keep em unless I get a some good cash for em. 

laugh.gif
gooeywooey wrote:

Andrew - nice job on the Bursts. re: whitening mesh, i used (undiluted) bleach several times on my old 87s. i was really delicate at first applying the dirty marks with a cotton bud (i think these might be called tips over there lol) but as there was little effect i quickly increased the amount. i then VERY gently scrubbed, let it soak for 15-30 mins then thoroughly rinsed (and i mean a LOT, bleach stinks! you may also get water marks after drying but these wash out). i did this several times until it no longer made any difference. i didn't have to worry about the toeguard material bleaching either as it's that synthetic rubber stuff. i'm sure bleach can weaken the mesh too so just be careful if you try this, you don't wanna tear holes into it. my 87s were battered when i got 'em so i didn't care too much - dirty toeboxes = not worth wearing anyway imo.

Thanks so much for the advice Gooey!  I'll give that a try as well.  I completely agree with your statement in bold above.  I love the shoes so damn much I wear em every now and again.....then I just look down in discust.  I don't know why I try, I just can't rock a shoe if it's not mint.
And thanks for the info on the Lights as well.  I'll have to think about those.

Another member here completely agreeing on the Hold Tight's.  They are simply butter in person.  Wouldn't trade em for anything.

Entegra- Those mesh Chili Bursts are super nice.  Newer release though?
And to touch on what Brian added with the painting:  I masked my pairs as it was my first time and I was nervous.  When you take the tape off run a razor blade along the edge (between the midsole and the upper) to cut the paint overlapping onto the tape or when you peel it off you'll have a lot of touch up to do.  Learned this the hard way.
tired.gif

liquid- How was Avatar?  Can't decide if I care enough to see it......definately seems like one that is theatre necessary though.

kicks4show- Stunning IDs!!!  My favorite Stash pair yet.  Slick!

Brian- I like those customs.  Nice work!

NWT / Neil- Seems like you check this more than your e-mail.
laugh.gif
  Did those shoes go out yet? 

jibby- I'm really diggin those 90s.  What are they?  That photo tweaked at all?  Colors look real saturated.

eastlasmokesho- shame about those man.  

Youngsk8- Nice IDs!!!

Greg- Those are killer!!  Congrats on those.  Let me know if you spot another 12.

V- Love those 2k9s!  The purple really does set those off.

Have a good one FAM!!!  Be safe.

-Andrew

Originally Posted by eastlasmokeshop

gooeywooey-Thats the reason I bought them the quality besides the paint chipping is better than the HOA pair there more comfortable and they look better IMO smh at Nike quality.
larrivee7- Sad indeed I was pretty ticked off but I am over it they are an 8.5 literally I took a walk from my room to my living room
mad.gif
it almost like the paint is peeling never seen it before so fast.
Battleground03-Will probably keep em unless I get a some good cash for em. 
If the MX were DS, they were 99% prone to chip since they are now 8+ years old (occurs to most AM90 c/w's from '01/'02). Nonetheless, they are leaps and bounds ahead of the HOA in terms of quality, rarity, and overall value. Nothing f_cks with that "big" mesh!

Lookin' good, gooey!

Damn Brick..... too jealous off that beachness and palm trees
embarassed.gif

in other news.... damn that was a boring-!%% dunk contest

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Word, MX Orange about the best AMs ever, can't believe i missed out. ANyhoo, you seen the new black mesh infras ads on bus stops and %++@ for FL Scem?

Saw them today for the first time, http://footlocker.com.au/betherevolution.aspx

Apparently MX's went to the outlet, back when they retailed for $199.95 at Myer in the early 00's.

Havent's seen that ad yet..but do remember the ad for the ostrich "Laser Blue" 90's...lacejob was just as bad as this new black/infra pair! Suppose it gives something for the Eshay's to drool over..   

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

Proto - Real talk that jacket looks pretty dope...

thanx yo! walmart man... $14.99... it's crazy, i remember when i was growing up starter jackets would get cats robbed, LOL... now they're in walmart...

it's a perfect match tho, i'll take some better pix of it sooner or later...

Originally Posted by scemonito

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Word, MX Orange about the best AMs ever, can't believe i missed out. ANyhoo, you seen the new black mesh infras ads on bus stops and %++@ for FL Scem?

Saw them today for the first time, http://footlocker.com.au/betherevolution.aspx

Apparently MX's went to the outlet, back when they retailed for $199.95 at Myer in the early 00's.

Havent's seen that ad yet..but do remember the ad for the ostrich "Laser Blue" 90's...lacejob was just as bad as this new black/infra pair! Suppose it gives something for the Eshay's to drool over..   

I love these new ones, have to see in person though.

I remember when the MX hit Smith St, and i had no coin to buy them, these days it would be a different story...
frown.gif

Seth/ Chris - thanks!
Greg - that was quick!
eek.gif
seems like everyone's copping DS pairs except me
frown.gif
(another candidate for Team Cheap A*#?
laugh.gif
)
YoungSk8 - nice colours. toeboxes look pretty good on that pair too. is it me, or are the tongues on these iDs more padded than normal?
Austin - 2k9s are no joke. i only have the grey/ reds so far but def looking at the LAFs.

Andrew - no problem on the advice... like i said, start gentle and work your way up. the last thing i want you to do is ruin your shoes. maybe even try on some old beaters first.
i had that same thought running thru my mind when i looked down at the black 87s when i first got them
sick.gif
but no more!

eastla - i doubt you'd fetch anything really worth selling them for. the size is a bit small for the higher prices and paint chipping will put the majority of buyers off somewhat. rock 'em with pride and if they get really bad, have a think about re-painting them. they're not Infrared so the colour shouldn't be as hard to replicate. you'll have nothing to lose. and i agree, the mesh looks amazing on those.

btw, wasn't there an Infrared retro in '03  too, or was it just the Max Orange?

scemonito - thanks dude. and those Deep Red/ Stealths are so sick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

#2 on my grail list (#1 are the Coral Rose version lol).

btw, being Chinese i must wish all the FAM a very Happy Chinese New Year! or Kung Hei Fat Choi as i believe it's spelt lol.

off to bed now to watch the rest of Whiteout, it's 4:33am here
tired.gif

**edit
Modz - they ran that competition over here about 6 months ago... i never did find out what came of it. and did you notice, when you click the image of that black Infra, it links you to the JD Hot Red 90s lol. what's that about??

whats up everyone.

brick -
eek.gif
 beautiful pics man, a visit to the dr is a must.
battleground - urawas
smokin.gif
seth - wall was phenomenal tonight.
vivrantchino - nice pickups on the 09s.
scemonito - dope 90s.

hoas today. picked up the 09s for less than retail.  

Sup FAM!

Proto: Ditto. That's a great lookin' jacket, especially for that price!

SK8: Clean! They make me want to use Splatter print for my next iD order.

Anywho, my Heineken pair was delivered recently. I'm definitely satisfied! I can't wait to give 'em some PT haha

64klc7.jpg

2dm7eqp.jpg

I opted for a White outsole, and applied the star on the heel area. Also, Stadium Green suede is more vibrant than I expected!

Those ID's turned out real nice ^^^. I'll wait for the day till I make one like those. Where you get the star for em?
Urawa's on the past page are ill. I still need my pair, maybe when I get my Tax returns back.

I got these today shipped from Canada took 3 weeks just to come but pretty worth it with the price I paid.
#2 Grails as far as 87's go. Maybe #3 will be next
wink.gif
urawa's for sale anyone? sz10.5-11

Originally Posted by gooeywooey

Austin - 2k9s are no joke. i only have the grey/ reds so far but def looking at the LAFs.

btw, being Chinese i must wish all the FAM a very Happy Chinese New Year! or Kung Hei Fat Choi as i believe it's spelt lol.
ditto, collect them red envelopes my man!
thanks for the 2k9 compliments everyone, they are def turning into one of my favs 

eastlasmokeshop - Those Max Orange 90s are sweet...sorry to hear the paint is chipping off after a couple minutes of use. Thats the thing I always hated about 90s, it seems that the paint cracks/chips after just a couple wears.

Brick - Nice 87s... comfy as hell.

EEntegRa -
eek.gif
Those Bursts are dope.

Picked up both of these today . . .

Wore these to Dallas (in the snow of all things in Texas) to enjoy a bit of the All star festivities...
atqiwp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom