TENNIS: OFFICIAL US OPEN 2011 THREAD! hawt.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Could he not have said that it was a cramp?

The reporters probably thought he was having a stroke or something.
Yeah, that's the thing.  I couldn't understand/hear what he was saying, so I wasn't sure if he had mentioned anything about it... either saying "cramp" or "trainer please" to the people there.  Anyone know Spanish?

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Could he not have said that it was a cramp?

The reporters probably thought he was having a stroke or something.
Yeah, that's the thing.  I couldn't understand/hear what he was saying, so I wasn't sure if he had mentioned anything about it... either saying "cramp" or "trainer please" to the people there.  Anyone know Spanish?

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Cramp??......Look like he getting his d' sucked to me 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at you guys... 
laugh.gif

610x.jpg

He was supposedly cramping in his quad AND his hamstring... dunno how you stretch that out... 

Anyway...

So long...

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

999x.jpg

And moving on...

x999.jpg

999x.jpg

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Cramp??......Look like he getting his d' sucked to me 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
at you guys... 
laugh.gif

610x.jpg

He was supposedly cramping in his quad AND his hamstring... dunno how you stretch that out... 

Anyway...

So long...

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

999x.jpg

And moving on...

x999.jpg

999x.jpg

x999.jpg

x999.jpg

Sam S showed incredible mental toughness last night. She won the match 2 times but was overruled by the challenge system then got taken to a 3rd set.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Sam S showed incredible mental toughness last night. She won the match 2 times but was overruled by the challenge system then got taken to a 3rd set.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^
I just saw those highlights.  Maria must've been pissed the lines people kept trying to lose her the match.  
laugh.gif

^
I just saw those highlights.  Maria must've been pissed the lines people kept trying to lose her the match.  
laugh.gif

^^^

The crappy officiating is directly related to the fact half of the "gold badge" umpire crew are boycotting the US Open.

Umpires Boycott US Open Amid Pay And Conditions Dispute

Updated: Thursday, 01 Sep 2011, 10:01 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 01 Sep 2011, 10:01 AM EDT

By NewsCore

NEW YORK - Only half of the world's leading umpires were working Thursday at the US Open as a result of a protest over pay and working conditions imposed on officials at Flushing Meadows.

Steve Ullrich, the most experienced American official -- who was in the chair for last year's men's final -- was among a host of recognizable faces who chose to boycott this year's tournament.

While 24 of tennis' 26 gold-badge officials worked Wimbledon two months ago, only 13 made it to New York.

The grand-slam tournaments have their own teams of officials, who are contracted to work the four majors and International Tennis Federation (ITF) events. It is believed that the US Open offers the lowest levels of pay -- about $250 a day -- of the four slams.

The umpires, who already complain of working longer and more antisocial hours, were told this year that pay would be reduced by 30 percent for tax purposes, an amount they could claim back in their own countries.

A leading official said, "We've heard they spend more on the flower arrangements at the Open than they do on officiating."

The tournament produced an economic benefit of $420 million for New York last year.

^^^

The crappy officiating is directly related to the fact half of the "gold badge" umpire crew are boycotting the US Open.

Umpires Boycott US Open Amid Pay And Conditions Dispute

Updated: Thursday, 01 Sep 2011, 10:01 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 01 Sep 2011, 10:01 AM EDT

By NewsCore

NEW YORK - Only half of the world's leading umpires were working Thursday at the US Open as a result of a protest over pay and working conditions imposed on officials at Flushing Meadows.

Steve Ullrich, the most experienced American official -- who was in the chair for last year's men's final -- was among a host of recognizable faces who chose to boycott this year's tournament.

While 24 of tennis' 26 gold-badge officials worked Wimbledon two months ago, only 13 made it to New York.

The grand-slam tournaments have their own teams of officials, who are contracted to work the four majors and International Tennis Federation (ITF) events. It is believed that the US Open offers the lowest levels of pay -- about $250 a day -- of the four slams.

The umpires, who already complain of working longer and more antisocial hours, were told this year that pay would be reduced by 30 percent for tax purposes, an amount they could claim back in their own countries.

A leading official said, "We've heard they spend more on the flower arrangements at the Open than they do on officiating."

The tournament produced an economic benefit of $420 million for New York last year.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

Lisicki's legs look mad strong.  
smokin.gif
It's probably where she gets most of the power on that huge-!@! serve of hers...

1000x.jpg

x999.jpg

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by shogun

Lisicki's legs look mad strong.  
smokin.gif
It's probably where she gets most of the power on that huge-!@! serve of hers...

1000x.jpg

x999.jpg

Back
Top Bottom