- Joined May 2, 2001
Long overdue but certainly not forgotten, Niketalk's newest donation: the amount of $2,127 to Operation Smile. www.operationsmile.org/
Quote:[hr][/hr]When we go to a place and see hundreds of children who have hidden in shame, and at the end of a mission they suddenly have a new life, we have changed more than the lives of those children. Theres's a power in the volume of children we take care of. There's a power in the medical training we do that is essential. But the real power is the betterment of the human spirit, the fellowship it creates between people of different cultures, different races, religions and nationalities.To DonateTo Volunteer
Thanks to all of you and your support of the NikeTalk community, we've brightened the smiles of a few more children in need.
as an aside...
Shortly following the recent announcement of our $3,656 to the UNCF, we received word that Google had registered a complaint with ezboard's CEO. Apparently, they feel that the announcement thread violated their policy by serving to encourage our users to click on our advertising - since it's our advertising revenue that we donate to charity each month. They seem to feel that this agreement applies to YOU as well. So, if any of you reply to this post to encourage your fellow users to click on our ads - Google may decide to pull their ads from our community. We're disappointed in their decision, but we have little choice but to respect it until we're able to obtain better higher yielding ads from other sources.
Below, you'll find the pertinent section of Google's policy. Please be sure your posts respect their guidelines or we'll be forced to delete your posts.
From the Ad Sense policy:
In order to ensure a good experience for users and advertisers, publishers may not request that users click the ads on their sites or rely on deceptive implementation methods to obtain clicks. Publishers participating in the AdSense program:
- May not encourage users to click the Google ads by using phrases such as "click the ads," "support us," "visit these links," or other similar language
- May not direct user attention to the ads via arrows or other graphical gimmicks
- May not place misleading images alongside individual ads
- May not promote sites displaying ads through unsolicited mass emails or unwanted advertisements on third-party websites
- May not compensate users for viewing ads or performing searches, or promise compensation to a third party for such behavior
- May not place misleading labels above Google ad units - for instance, ads may be labeled "Sponsored Links" but not "Favorite Sites"
Thanks for understanding.
T E A M N E R D