The 10 biggest Tech Failures of the last decade...

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

dakid23 wrote:

NJstress03 wrote:

HD DVD FTL!

Blu Ray FTW!
People who bought a HD DVD player must of been hot...

*Raises hand*
smh.gif

Not to mention that I have a gateway too
smh.gif
x's 2

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Shares in Sirius, which had traded at $63 in 2000, dropped to $.05 earlier this year. In the first quarter of 2009, the number of subscribers for the combined service declined by 400,000 from the previous quarter to 18.6 million. Neither Sirius nor XM ever made a dime.

eek.gif

They have a ton of out going cash.....satellites in orbit are not cheap, 500 million to Howard stern was a lot too...but look at it this way...
SIRIUS XM 18.6 million users x $13 a month = $241.8 million a month in revenues thats almost 3 billion a year...its only a matter of time till they turn aprofit...

First thing that came to mind, before even clicking the link, was the Segway. Biggest VC failure of all time.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

I was going to post this but i'm still not sure if this is real or not
laugh.gif

dvd-rewinder_51.jpg

laugh.gif
roll.gif
if this is real i swear this would be the #1 stupidest invention ever

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I owned one of these until like 2003-2004.. SONY MINIDISC... an mp3 player before its time... It started with strictly analog input and output cables connecting to your stereo or computer and essentially dubbing the music or sound in realtime.. Slowly it advanced to an ipod like system where songs could be transferred via a itunes like interface at speeds of 10-20x.

what yall know about that?? APPLE isnt this widely huge innovation power.

sad to see them go... They even advanced technlogy in the disc storage space from basic 700mb type to a few GB.. soon they had the big chance to move over to strictly harddrive based

%21BSQOO3w%212k%7E%24%28KGrHgoH-CEEjlLly3cCBKCPEWov5g%7E%7E_1.JPG

one of the first units with a backlit and not to mention editable text for your songs:
http://i.ebayimg.com/24/%21BRJ4pF%21%21Wk%7E%24%28KGrH****isEjlLmIUKBBJ8ijWUMpg%7E%7E_1.JPG

now thats a tech failure.. so much going for it with its launch in 9.9.9 with the dreamcast. but ultimately it was too ahead of its time
those were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have 2 of them but the atrac format is
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif

you have to re encode all your songs to atrac and then it transfers

but the remote is straight up pimp status
pimp.gif

overall the sound quality and designs are great

but its no where near as convenient as a flash mp3 player

Originally Posted by Lrrr

Shares in Sirius, which had traded at $63 in 2000, dropped to $.05 earlier this year. In the first quarter of 2009, the number of subscribers for the combined service declined by 400,000 from the previous quarter to 18.6 million. Neither Sirius nor XM ever made a dime.

eek.gif

I dont see what the problem with Vista is.......ive had it for 3 months and it works just fine for me.

youtube fails when it comes to spam... spammers steal the booty shaking videos and tag them with their website... thats annoying as %@**

Windows ME was by far a bigger failure than Vista. Ask most people what Windows ME is and most never even heard of it, MS has pretty much wiped the name fromits records as if it never existed. Vista is a victim of XP's success, but if you have a decent amount of RAM and SP1 its a good OS, you just have to getpast the annoying initial Security features and customize it.

Back
Top Bottom