***THE 2011 NFL QUARTERBACK THREAD*** (QBRs through week 9 pg. 16)

Originally Posted by psk2310

He went up against a decent Arizona team & threw for over 4000 yards.

eek.gif

I think today proved that Peyton Manning is the most valuable player in the league, and has been for the past 12 or so years.

Question about the QB's in next years draft. How good is Matt Barkley? I havent seen much of him or USC ever since they got penalized. Is he really right behind Luck?

I think Barkley has bust written all over him. Nothing impressive to start this year off. He seems to digress after big years or big games. I'd stay away, but some poor sucker will go after him. Probably Oakland
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

I think today proved that Peyton Manning is the most valuable player in the league, and has been for the past 12 or so years.

Or that the colts should have at least attempted to have a viable backup to Peyton...

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by dland24

Or that the colts should have at least attempted to have a viable backup to Peyton...
Doesnt need to be an either or.  The Colts should have picked up a viable backup.  Doesnt mean Peyton didnt mean more to the Colts than any other player to his team. 

This is irrelevant, but I think the Colts lose today even with Peyton. They were bound for a down year, but looks like they're headed that way regardless. Now, probably 5 losses worse.

They need that draft pick anyway. Colts need to get more talent on that roster.

tom brady (no explanation needed)
peyton manning (hope it's not the last of my dude)
aaron rodgers (going to be an all timer)
drew brees (spreads the ball well, beast)
michael vick (vick 2.0 is a monster)
philip rivers (needs to get to a superbowl, kid has all the tools)

eli manning (solid, his superbowl ring places him this high though, known for bad turnovers but not to the level of a romo)
ben roth (winner/clutch, but he holds the ball way too long trying to make a play and also has a propensity to turnover the ball)
matt schaub (has the tools, defense needs to help him get into the playoffs, any climbing in this list may be temporary though)
joe flacco (needs to improve in a few areas, but overall solid and continues to improve ... i'll admit not entirely sold on him being TOP 10 ... but I'LL take him over others who still have more to prove

my top 10 ...

overrated matt ryan

underrated ryan fitzpatrick

breakout 2011 star ... matthew stafford

/kanye shrug

Uhhhh, Peyton played game 1 last year vs this same Houston team, same result. So.......?

Overshadowed Cam's record day was Kevin Kolb throwing for 309 and 2 TD's. 130.00 QB rating.

even tho the Panther loss a game they shouldve won, i went to sleep pretty easliy knowing Cam is our franchise QB. The kid was amazing today.

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Jay cutler > Matt Ryan

i didnt watch the bears game i was watching the eagles but did JAy finally play like they expected him too?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Uhhhh, Peyton played game 1 last year vs this same Houston team, same result. So.......?

Pretty much. It was gonna happen either way, but it just wouldn't have been a forgone conclusion like it ended up being

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

No one should write that much on football without payment. Christ man. I mean seriously. Wow.

Jesus.

Start a blog at the least.

laugh.gif
I agree. It's a lot, but I didn't do it all at once. Just did a few QB's at a time...Had a blog, but didn't do well at keeping it up to date. Besides, I like NT much better.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

651akathePaul put in work on the last page.

Props.
pimp.gif

Thanks, bro. Appreciate it. Does that mean you read all of it?
laugh.gif
jk.

Thoughts from Sunday:

Ryan Fitzpatrick - Can't say I'm at all surprised, althought it's great to see him actually come through like that on the first game of the year. Outstanding performance.

Matthew Stafford - He was leading the Lions down the field almost every drive. His first few drives stalled and resulted in FG's, but he got it going from there and was lights out. Him and Calvin are a great combo to watch and should have many games like yesterday, in the future.

Donovan McNabb - Not worried yet. Minnesota needs to be relying on AP more anyway. Can't believe he only at 16 carries...The playcalling did not set anyone up for success either. Run, run, pass is a Brad Childress approach and needs to be stopped immediately. Too predicable and hardly ever leads to the offense finding a rhythm.

Tony Romo - No excuses for the ball security issues. He's better than at. I'm upset that he does this to himself, because Tony is a very good quarterback, but he's now in a habit of shooting himself and his team in the foot. As usual, I expect Romo to have a stretch of games coming up where he's playing some of the best ball in the game, but he needs to keep that up consistent. I'll let this game slide because of missing tons of time last year, but that has to stop.

Those were the first observations that popped into my mind, so there are many things I can hit on, but that'll do for now.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Arian Foster rushed for 231 yards yesterday?

You're really confused today aren't you?
laugh.gif
Tell me, before opening day last year, who was Arian Foster? Oh, nobody. And yesterdays opener saw more nobodies (Ward and Tate, NFL nobodies by most accounts) run over the Colts as well, just like last year, and in that game they had Peyton. The point is, stop reading so much into a single game, or maybe you think Cam will go for 400 every game, and Rex Grossman shall be MVP.
laugh.gif
The Colts looked bad, but they looked bad in last years opener as well. It will take some time for them all to adjust. You with me now?

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Arian Foster rushed for 231 yards yesterday?

You're really confused today aren't you?
laugh.gif
Tell me, before opening day last year, who was Arian Foster? Oh, nobody. And yesterdays opener saw more nobodies (Ward and Tate, NFL nobodies by most accounts) run over the Colts as well, just like last year, and in that game they had Peyton. The point is, stop reading so much into a single game, or maybe you think Cam will go for 400 every game, and Rex Grossman shall be MVP.
laugh.gif
The Colts looked bad, but they looked bad in last years opener as well. It will take some time for them all to adjust. You with me now?

Dude... last year, in game one, Peyton threw 400+ yards and were an Austin Collie fumble-on-the-10 away from tying the game. Then Arian foster came in and gashed them, and put them away.

This year? Not even close.

I watched 90% of the game yesterday, and all I can say is that they're not just missing Peyton Manning - they're missing Tom Moore. They played absolutely abysmal on offense. If Matt Schaub hadn't been so turnover happy, it could have REALLY gotten out of hand. The defense played about as well to be expected (which, for the Colts, means trying to play score-for-score), it was the offense that was befuddled.

if anyone is to blame for the colts, it's their front office. go back and look at recent draft picks and you'll see what i mean. peyton's brilliance has masked all those issues, and they were just exploited yesterday

Originally Posted by do work son

if anyone is to blame for the colts, it's their front office. go back and look at recent draft picks and you'll see what i mean. peyton's brilliance has masked all those issues, and they were just exploited yesterday

Anthony Gonzalez, Jerry Hughes, and Donald Brown all come to mind.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Put em up

even tho the Panther loss a game they shouldve won, i went to sleep pretty easliy knowing Cam is our franchise QB. The kid was amazing today.

Moving around town today and Panthers fans seem to be pretty happy even in defeat. #704 we got something special! 

ESPN's new Total QBR after sundays games......

For a game, the number can be interpreted as a percentile, so a score of 80 means a quarterback's performance was better than 80 percent of all quarterbacks' games. For more about the methodology and statistics behind the Total QBR, see here.
[h1]
[h1]Week 1 QBR Leaders[/h1]
By ESPN Stats & Information
Archive

Total QBR is a quarterback rating that takes into account all of a quarterback's contributions (passing, rushing, sacks, fumbles, penalties) to his team's scoring and winning and summarizes them into one number on a 0-100 scale, on which 50 is average.

Week 1 saw a lot of extremes in Total QBR, ranging from Ryan Fitzpatrick's stellar 91.2 (which barely beat out Aaron Rodgers' opening-night 91.1 for the highest score of Week 1 so far) to Kerry Collins' abysmal 2.3 in his first start in place of Peyton Manning. Cam Newton dazzled in his NFL debut, putting up some gaudy numbers on his way to the fifth-highest Total QBR of the week, despite the loss. Meanwhile, Ben Roethlisberger's five turnovers cost his team mightily, and his paltry Total QBR of 10.8 was the second-lowest score after 14 games this season.

[h4]Week 1 Total QBR Leaders[/h4][table][tr][th=""]No.[/th][th=""]Name[/th][th=""]Pass EPA[/th][th=""]Rush EPA[/th][th=""]Sack EPA[/th][th=""]Penalty EPA[/th][th=""]Clutch Weight EPA[/th][th=""]Action Plays[/th][th=""]Clutch Weight Avg[/th][th=""]Total QBR[/th][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Fitzpatrick, Ryan[/td][td]6.0[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]-0.5[/td][td]-0.3[/td][td]5.5[/td][td]33[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]91.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Rodgers, Aaron[/td][td]10.8[/td][td]-0.9[/td][td]-1.2[/td][td]-0.1[/td][td]8.6[/td][td]44[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]91.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Stafford, Matthew[/td][td]8.1[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]9.2[/td][td]41[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]87.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Flacco, Joe[/td][td]3.8[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-0.2[/td][td]-0.3[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]34[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]79.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]Newton, Cam[/td][td]16.3[/td][td]-1.8[/td][td]-3.7[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]10.8[/td][td]56[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]75.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Grossman, Rex[/td][td]10.1[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-3.5[/td][td]-0.6[/td][td]6[/td][td]40[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]75[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Brees, Drew[/td][td]6.1[/td][td]-0.1[/td][td]-2[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]4.5[/td][td]56[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]71.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Schaub, Matt[/td][td]2.5[/td][td]-0.3[/td][td]-0.1[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]2[/td][td]31[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]71[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Vick, Michael[/td][td]4.4[/td][td]5.8[/td][td]-3.5[/td][td]-1[/td][td]5.6[/td][td]50[/td][td]1[/td][td]68.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Smith, Alex[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]-0.2[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]2.7[/td][td]31[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]66.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]Romo, Tony[/td][td]9[/td][td]-0.4[/td][td]-2.8[/td][td]-1[/td][td]4.9[/td][td]48[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]62.9[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Hasselbeck, Matt[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]-3[/td][td]1.2[/td][td]3.7[/td][td]41[/td][td]1[/td][td]62.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Cutler, Jay[/td][td]4.6[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-2.2[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]40[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]60.4[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]Manning, Eli[/td][td]3.3[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]-0.3[/td][td]-0.9[/td][td]2.6[/td][td]39[/td][td]1[/td][td]53.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]Rivers, Philip[/td][td]5.8[/td][td]-0.3[/td][td]-1.3[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]4.7[/td][td]60[/td][td]1.2[/td][td]52.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]Kolb, Kevin[/td][td]6.8[/td][td]-1.6[/td][td]-3.6[/td][td]-0.1[/td][td]1.5[/td][td]38[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]44[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]McCown, Luke[/td][td]3.9[/td][td]-0.7[/td][td]-2.2[/td][td]-0.1[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]32[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]43[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Freeman, Josh[/td][td]2.4[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]-2.5[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]0.2[/td][td]51[/td][td]0.7[/td][td]34.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]Gradkowski, Bruce[/td][td]1.7[/td][td]-0.2[/td][td]-1.4[/td][td]-0.2[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]16[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]32.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Bradford, Sam[/td][td]2.2[/td][td]-2.3[/td][td]-2.5[/td][td]2[/td][td]-0.6[/td][td]40[/td][td]1[/td][td]28.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Ryan, Matt[/td][td]1.6[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-2.1[/td][td]-0.2[/td][td]-0.7[/td][td]58[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]27.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Dalton, Andy[/td][td]2.8[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-3.9[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]-0.6[/td][td]22[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]27[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Jackson, Tarvaris[/td][td]3.6[/td][td]0.3[/td][td]-5.8[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-1.9[/td][td]51[/td][td]0.8[/td][td]21.1[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]McNabb, Donovan[/td][td]-3.7[/td][td]3.4[/td][td]-1.1[/td][td]-0.2[/td][td]-1.5[/td][td]22[/td][td]1.4[/td][td]20.7[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]McCoy, Colt[/td][td]-3.2[/td][td]1.1[/td][td]-2.1[/td][td]0.1[/td][td]-4.1[/td][td]50[/td][td]1.3[/td][td]17.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]Sanchez, Mark[/td][td]4.2[/td][td]-3[/td][td]-5.3[/td][td]0.2[/td][td]-3.9[/td][td]50[/td][td]1.2[/td][td]17.6[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]Cassel, Matt[/td][td]-1[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-1.4[/td][td]0.0[/td][td]-2.4[/td][td]38[/td][td]0.6[/td][td]11.2[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]Roethlisberger, Ben[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]-3[/td][td]-0.5[/td][td]-2.7[/td][td]49[/td][td]0.5[/td][td]10.8[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]Collins, Kerry[/td][td]0.9[/td][td]-0.8[/td][td]-4.1[/td][td]-0.3[/td][td]-4.3[/td][td]42[/td][td]0.4[/td][td]2.3[/td][/tr][/table]
[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom