The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

I was wondering why the Steelers rolled the dice & drafted Mike Adams (a western PA native). Now I know why. Story from ProFootballTalk.com below & link here.

Mike Adams convinced the Steelers to put him back on their board
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 28, 2012, 10:46 AM EDT

In a meeting with the Steelers’ brass at the Scouting Combine, Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams told them he never smoked pot. When Adams’ drug test came back positive for marijuana, the Steelers decided that a guy who had looked them in the eye and lied to them wasn’t the kind of guy they wanted on their team, so they removed him from their draft board, even though they thought highly of his on-field performance.

“We were point-blank with him,

Best WR's left (no order): Marvin Jones, Chris Givens, Tommy Streeter, Nick Toon, Greg Childs, Marvin McNutt.

Vikes gotta get at least 1, preferably 2 of em.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Nick Foles...Successor to Vick. Don't worry Philly fans...You'll be surprised. I think he's gonna be a mighty fine NFL Q.

after reading up on him.. i can see the pick better now.. he has issues with his footwork, so reid and co can go to work with him

but he has the arm and has a higher ceiling than kirk cousins
Him and Cousins have the same ceiling. NFL back up.

Foles has talent but he stopped getting better like two years ago.....and remember he went to Arizona because he couldnt beat out Cousins...

Good pick for the eagles though cause there is not much more left at QB besides low ceiling guys or complete projects.
that could be true.. and i really dont know much about him other than what i've read..

but we still need an upgrade at our backup spot.. we are talking about replace kafka

but after our other 3 picks and being able to pick up an extra 4th as well, i cant get mad at reid for picking up a new project.. only thinG that bugs me is that boykin, hosley and miller were still on the board

- and that would be such an eagles move if the rumors are true about miller's shoulder.. we could basically red shirt him for a year by putting him on IR

- but for those who dont know, that's apparently why miller has dropped this low.. they say he barely practiced while at UM because of injuries (still obviously showed up on game days though)

Might have been a reason he shied away from contact so much as well cause his shoulder was bothering him.

InfraRen wrote:
Best WR's left (no order): Marvin Jones, Chris Givens, Tommy Streeter, Nick Toon, Greg Childs, Marvin McNutt.

Vikes gotta get at least 1, preferably 2 of em.
I like Arkansas Joe Adams too. I think he & Marvin Jones will be decent pros...Jones' route running is really good. If he can pick up the offense of the team drafting him, he could get a lot of playing time immediately...

Greg Childs never been the same since his injury
30t6p3b.gif

I hope the Browns take Childs... they still need to get a WR.

Boykin SMH. damn.. I didn't expect him to slide to day3.

Wonder if Boom gets picked

Originally Posted by theone2401

$%%! Miami you dont need him 

man you guys already got RG3.. i cant have miller go there too.. i cant have 2 guys i like on the ********

Dolphins take another UM guy. Theyre probably eyeing Streeter next.

Maybe they're just trying to fill those empty seats
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom