The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Broncos and Chiefs will both have better records than the Rams.
Maybe. Rams 'can' beat some of those divisional oppone...

Nevermind, I have no idea. Too many bad teams in this league.
laugh.gif

Lamar Miller would be smart to declare this year.

indifferent.gif

Chase Minnifield, I ain't forgot CP.
wink.gif

No, actually you can forget now, that was just a rough draft, I have to keep updating and moving as the season goes, I think you are now with.......Dennard.  Mostly because your record has slipped, so you have moved up the board.  I have Minnifield going to Tampa as of this moment.  I'll post my newest one here in a few actually just to give an example of what I'm looking at.  If you want, you can keep track of who I keep picking for you guys.  (I think I ran Houston in the mock last year didn't I, and Detroit the year before that. ) 

I honestly think the Dolphins would be better trading for more picks and going with Landry; I think he will be an elite NFL QB.
This is my second choice.  1 is Luck, obviously, 2 would be to trade down a few slots, add picks and get Landry.  3 would be Barkley, his lineage scares me more than anything.  Leinart and Sanchez worry me with the whole SC QB thing.  I would kill somebody if we took Bark and he turned out to be nothing more than a White Sanchez. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

But, I do not think Luck is going to Eli.  Why?  All the teams in the top 5 suck, where would you want to go?  You gon leave Miami beach, the weather, the taxes, all that, for another team that sucks just as much?  And trust, Miami will be WAY different by then.  New coach, new GM, the whole 9.  Luck will be building block 1 to a completely new franchise by the time April gets here.  Ain't like he's going to have to play for Sparano or something like that. 

No way you seen Richardson going #1, show me that mock draft. 
nerd.gif
  Don't let it be no 3rd graders science project or some @#$%. 
laugh.gif
  But I agree, Richardson to Cincy is what I have as well.  In my first mock a couple weeks ago, I had him going to Detroit. 
eek.gif
smokin.gif

My newest one, with the most current order as of mid Oct. 

I still have work to do, Cliff Harris is dropping fast, I may have him out of the first round on my next one, I know Claiborne from LSU could go in his place.  And the late round picks, I could see those being trade downs to crappier teams that may want to go QB's with the likes of Foles, or Tannehill, etc.  A team like GB wouldn't need to take anything in round 1 if they could add a couple extra picks for the hell of it.  (the NE plan)  Also, Detroit and GB obviously can't draft 31-32, this based only on record right now. 

[table][tr][td]Indy[/td][/tr][tr][td]Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]Doesn't matter the team, he goes here.  If already a QB in place, a team will trade up to this spot[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]StL[/td][/tr][tr][td]Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma St[/td][/tr][tr][td]Time to get some toys for Bradford[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Miami[/td][/tr][tr][td]Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]Would be crushed without Luck, but still the best QB they've had since 99 and a place to begin building[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Jacksonville[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Kalil, OT, USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]Best way to help 2010 first rounder Gabbert[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cam, Smith, DeAngelo, Stewart, Olsen, Shockey, and now Alshon, better have your defense healthy when you face them[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jonathan Martin, OT, Stanford[/td][/tr][tr][td]Same thinking as Jax, protect the 2010 investment you made at QB[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td][/tr][tr][td]Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]Luck into taking the best defensive player in the draft and at a position of need[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Denver[/td][/tr][tr][td]Matt Barkley, QB, USC[/td][/tr][tr][td]Call it a hunch that Tebow will not survive, they will need to recover from McDaniels work[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Philly[/td][/tr][tr][td]Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College[/td][/tr][tr][td]I don't imagine they will truly draft this high, but if they do, it's because their defense failed them[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Cleveland[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame[/td][/tr][tr][td]If they can get Hillis back on track, they can start to focus on weapons for McCoy [/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Dallas[/td][/tr][tr][td]Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina[/td][/tr][tr][td]They could go O-line here, but Jerry going O-line in back to back years seems far fetched to me[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]KC[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Could be a great fit here, nice young defense when they get everyone back healthy[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td][/tr][tr][td]Vontaze Burfict, MLB, Arizona St[/td][/tr][tr][td]Need to start seeing more plays and less flags or he could drop even further.  Caroll should be familiar with him though[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Houston[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alfonzo Dennard, CB, Nebraska[/td][/tr][tr][td]Defense is improving, but still need a couple more play makers before they add any offensive weapons[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Clev (from Atl) [/td][/tr][tr][td]Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson[/td][/tr][tr][td]McCoy, Hillis, and the previously taken Floyd, with Cribbs used for big plays, all the makings of a fun offense[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]NYJ[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State[/td][/tr][tr][td]If they are going to ride the ship down with Sanchez, they need to do all they can to protect him and help the run game[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Chicago[/td][/tr][tr][td]Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa[/td][/tr][tr][td]They could take O-Lineman in every round, no one in Chicago would complain[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Washington[/td][/tr][tr][td]Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rex Grossman and John Beck, pick has to be a QB, right?[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Tennessee[/td][/tr][tr][td]Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma[/td][/tr][tr][td]Nice value here, if Britt comes back fully healthy, they could have a nice offense ready for when they plug in Locker[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]New England (from N.O.)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Courtney Upshaw, LB, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Trade down 5 times probably, but if not, defense is the need[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Cinncinatti (from Oak)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Dalton and Green are hits from 2010, Richardson would vault them into a great young offensive core building[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay[/td][/tr][tr][td]Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rhonde can't play forever, WR could also be looked at[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Cinncinatti  [/td][/tr][tr][td]Kelechi Osomele, OG, Iowa State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Now that you have Dalton and Richardson, time to block for them[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]NYG[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Incredible value pick if he's still here, the Giants always get value need or not[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Pittsburgh[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Either move Pouncey to G, or Brewster, either way, O-Line is a must pick[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Buffalo[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington[/td][/tr][tr][td]Crick's injury moves him down a notch, otherwise he could go here[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td][/tr][tr][td]Cliff Harris, CB, Oregon[/td][/tr][tr][td]If he plays defense, he can fit in on this team, character worries or not, he'll fit right in[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td][/tr][tr][td]Michael Egnew, TE, Missouri[/td][/tr][tr][td]Time to start helping replace Gates.  If Gates does come back healthy, just another weapon for Rivers in the NE mode[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]New England[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mark Barron, S, Alabama[/td][/tr][tr][td]Trade up, down, sideways, nobody knows, but if they end up with Upshaw and Barron, their defense will be back to normal fast[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]San Fran[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brandon Jenkins, DE/OLB, Florida State[/td][/tr][tr][td]Already a great defense building, just add more depth to unleash on the NFC West[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Detroit[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jayron Hosley[/td][/tr][tr][td]Detroit has stacked the middle of their defense, now start to work on the outside, especially with Cutler and Rodgers in division[/td][/tr][tr][td] [/td][/tr][tr][td]Green Bay[/td][/tr][tr][td]Kenny Tate, S, Maryland[/td][/tr][tr][td]So few holes to fill, this is their biggest need, and a great luxury pick[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by dreClark

All them dudes over Menzie? No Mo Claiborne in the 1st?
What's a Menzie? 
laugh.gif
  Come on man, I can't keep up with all the nicknames you give these guys,  who we talkin?  

I still have work to do, Cliff Harris is dropping fast, I may have him out of the first round on my next one, I know Claiborne from LSU could go in his place.
wink.gif

Stillin, that link don't work for me.  Can you paste it?
nerd.gif

CP...your NE picks are pretty much the same positions that i would address as well. maybe DE if there's a solid edge rusher still on the board. but our depth at LB and S is
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

What's a Menzie? 
laugh.gif
  Come on man, I can't keep up with all the nicknames you give these guys,  who we talkin?  

I still have work to do, Cliff Harris is dropping fast, I may have him out of the first round on my next one, I know Claiborne from LSU could go in his place.
wink.gif

123498077_crop_450x500.jpg

He's only the best CB  on Bama's roster
laugh.gif

And I saw what you said about Claiborne, I'm just shocked that in your eyes others have to fall in order for him to get 1st round looks. I'd think he'd be in there on his own merit.

Luke Kuechly top 10 overall with Te'o not even in the first?

Alshon top 5 overall?

Alfonzo Dennard in the first 1/2 of the 1st round?

CLE waisting a 1st rounder on Dwayne Allen?
alien.gif
laugh.gif

Back to the drawing board, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]CP[/color].
laugh.gif

Questioning if Sweater could win w/ that O-Line, meanwhile they have (and always have had) 2 1st round quality O-Lineman. I'm looking at you Statis.
laugh.gif

dreClark wrote:

laugh.gif

And I saw what you said about Claiborne, I'm just shocked that in your eyes others have to fall in order for him to get 1st round looks. I'd think he'd be in there on his own merit.

Im glad I am not the only one who think that DeQuan Menzie is a much better CB than Kirkpatrick .

Probably shoulda been more specific with that comment but it was mostly in reference to JB Shugarts.
laugh.gif
NIKE even I think you would agree as a unit Ohio State isn't having one of their better years as a unit. I still acknowledged that they had talent.

Also feel whoever takes Landry Jones high is playing with fire.

I agree, but I believe it has more to do with terrible play calling/game planning than talent.  Look at what they did to Illinois when they kept it on the ground.

MSU was bringing the house every play and they weren't even trying to counteract it w/ screens.

Man, mock drafts are pointless this early but some of those slots/emissions made me chuckle.

I will break something if the Browns waist a top 15 pick or so on a TE.  Hell, our 2 TE's are the best options we have in the passing game at the moment.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

No, I honestly don't know anything about him, everything I know from Bama is Dre. 
ohwell.gif
  I've only had their game once, and stayed focused on Dre the whole time, I'll try to get them again and look him up.  But honestly, I haven't see even his name mentioned yet in any of the work I've been doing.  I'll try to find something on him, see what I can find and drop it in here.  Thanks for the heads up. 

Same with Claiborne, the LSU games I have watched, it's all about 7.  I haven't paid much attention to Claiborne yet.  But I do know that Harris is dropping quick, he hasn't played much at all, and honestly I think he has higher value as a returner than an actual CB.  I just haven't dropped him completely out yet. 

The game I get this week is Stanford/Washington. 
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, I just checked literally 4 different game evals, and not one single mention of Menzi.  Nothing. 
ohwell.gif
  So I just emailed my boss and asked him to check it out and ask why no one has mentioned him yet.  @#$%, he already replied he's going to check it out. 
laugh.gif
  That took 8 seconds. 

What the hell is YUKU doing now? 
sick.gif
  Take this damn post you peice of @#$% 
laugh.gif

What if Manning declares himself 100% before the draft and says to Indy management to not draft Luck because he isn't going anywhere for the remainder 4 yrs on his contract?

seems egotistical and not really something a guy with Manning's character would do, but what if...

What I found on Menzie.

Draft Countdown has him #25 CB.

Walter has him #22 CB.

CBS has him #29 CB.

Niike, why wouldn't you want Allen in Cleveland with Floyd?  You like Watson that much?  Or just want someone else entirely?  I suppose, if Hillis doesn't get right, you could be in line for Richardson or Miller.  But I am hoping that Hillis gets right with the team. 

Those draft rankings are from pre-season.  Gotta be.  I don't think they've changed much.  Have they?

How is Mo Claiborne not even in the 1st round and Menzie in the low 20's?
Niike, why wouldn't you want Allen in Cleveland with Floyd?  You like Watson that much?  Or just want someone else entirely?  I suppose, if Hillis doesn't get right, you could be in line for Richardson or Miller.  But I am hoping that Hillis gets right with the team. 
Our offense needs any weapon we can get, but I wouldn't dare use a top 15 pick on a TE in this draft, unless he is Kellen Winslow Jr. good at The U. 

Not nearly enough value that early.  So many better players below him that aren't even in your first round.

Plus if you're using that 1st pick on Floyd - who will be more of a large possession guy in the league, you can't follow that w/ a TE.

We need offensive game breakers who will put points on the board, not large possession guys.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Eli Luck is gonna end up on another team; Dolphins will get Barkley or Landry and some nice picks in a trade and I love the idiots picking Trent Richardson #1; no way in hell that happens.  I honestly think the Dolphins would be better trading for more picks and going with Landry; I think he will be an elite NFL QB.

I would be okay with the Eagles trading DeSean and taking Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon and a LB such as Manti Te'o who can take over the middle as a rookie.

Who exactly is saying Richardson is going #1 overall?  Unless you got the skillset of a guy like AD, I wouldn't waste a top-10 pick on a RB....you can get value at that position MUCH later in the draft. 

*I think Richardson would be an amazing fit on either the Bengals or Packers

I've seen some mocks around the internet with him going #1; Trent Richardson will be a Bengal IMO so they owe the Raiders a nice thank you card.
Um. we gave them Carson. No card included.

Back
Top Bottom