The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Question...I havent really seen luck play...what makes him so good? I mean I see that he is pretty good but people are calling him the best QB prospect in decades.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DrJDoc26

Is there a chance Luck wants to play in DC? Luck in the burgundy and gold?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I don't think the Skins will end up w. the #1.  That being said, I can't see them giving up multiple picks to move up to take Luck.  This team has A LOT of holes...they can plug them by keeping their picks and looking to draft a QB later in round 1 or round 2

The  thing about this situation is that if the pick is in trade talks, someone who cannot be identified right now will rise up. Division by division.

NFC West
49ers are still in play if the picks ever line up
Seahawks are in play.
NFC North
Vikings are in play
Bears if they gave up on Cutler ( which would be ******ed) could be in play
NFC east
Cowboys . Romo isnt beyond getting cut contract wise, and Luck to Austin, and Bryant would be deadly in 2 years
Skins They need a franchise guy. But I suspect it will be Jones
None of the NFC south teams would entertain the idea imo
AFC West.
Kansas City They and Dallas strike me as the teams that would be players for Luck if it became a trade contest.
Denver They might take Luck regardless of what Tebow does.
AFC North
Browns Colt Mccoy is average
AFC South. Titans would have to consider it, but they dont have enough talent. Much less with Britt being hurt
Colts It depends on what you think Manning is going to be on his downside. Its not like with Tom Brady where, more or less a second or third round guy with the right tools is going to satistfy the position need. They need a smart guy who can make those checks, because without that complexity to their offense they are a below average team in every area but D line. ( no knock against Reggie Wayne and co)
AFC East:
Dolphins: They need a game changer at a bunch of positions, They really need a game changing safety, and its not outside of the rhelm for them to go get one if they arent #1 to begin with. But for me the market for Luck stops and ends with them. Its one thing when you say a guy is our future, its another thing when you keep a guy around to win 5 games and keep you out of the Luck sweepstakes. Thats what happened with Miami. Although personally I think there are teams who wont be terrible teams that should examine their QB position Like the 49ers, Vikings, Cowboys, Titans, Colts, Browns, Skins, the Dolphins are the team that legit needs him.

#Suck4Luck begins and ends in Miami. They wont beat Denver, and with that putting Denver at 2 wins in Miami's division they are going at best 2-14.

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Question...I havent really seen luck play...what makes him so good? I mean I see that he is pretty good but people are calling him the best QB prospect in decades.
Size, arm strength, footwork, athletic ability, football knowledge/intelligence (always checks into the right plays, makes the right throws), accuracy, pro offense, poise in the pocket.

None of the NFC south teams would entertain the idea imo
Big if but what happens if Brees and NO somehow can't work out a new deal?

BTW I think if given the opportunity that the Bills, Jets and Raiders would jump to get Luck as well.

Originally Posted by dreClark
I looked into it like I said, my boss says that Menzie's draft grade is poor.  A 4.66 40 is killin him, right now he sits at mid round at best. 

Has Menzie made a big leap between JR and SR seasons or something?  Or do you think he was always good enough to go first round? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  @ Pro, why would the Jets want Luck?  They already have their franchise QB. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by dreClark
I looked into it like I said, my boss says that Menzie's draft grade is poor.  A 4.66 40 is killin him, right now he sits at mid round at best. 

Has Menzie made a big leap between JR and SR seasons or something?  Or do you think he was always good enough to go first round? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  @ Pro, why would the Jets want Luck?  They already have their franchise QB. 
laugh.gif
And the Bills are nearing extending Fitzpatrick soon with "Tier II" QB money, and the only draft picks the Raiders have left to trade are in 2018 and 2033. 

I was able to watch all 3 QB's this weekend.  Luck looked great, although in limited work, Barkley looked a little better than I thought vs Notre Dame, I just wish he would stop already with the screens all night long, and Landry lost, but played pretty well.  Either way, these 3 are top 5-7 picks depending on which teams need QB's. 

Lamar Miller looked decent, please stay. 
laugh.gif

I love Stanford's TE trio, but Coby Fleener is the one I like the best.  They are the Patriots version of Gronk and Hernandez.  6-6, 6-6, and 6-8 with hands. 
sick.gif
smokin.gif

Richardson did his thing, I really don't see him being a top 10 guy, I kinda think the NFL will go heavy in passing needs in the draft, throwers, catchers, and defenders, so Runners could get slid down a little ya know?  Maybe I'm wrong. 

That LSU vs Alabama game will have more NFL talent in it than Cleveland/Seattle yesterday.  I'm not joking either. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wish Robert Woods was ready, that kid is a beast.  Floyd didn't do much, but their QB's were an issue all night, so he never had a chance. 

The DT from Washington, he never made a single play.  Complete nothing all game.  But Polk, the RB from Wash, that kid had a great game, he really helped himself for anybody checking in to see Luck. 

Anyone else see anyone have a great weekend that should be coming out in April? 

i dunno if u guys heard what tony dungy said last week but he was suggesting that if indy gets the 1st pick, they draft luck and trade manning. heard this sunday morning on mike francesa's radio show.

and there were other ppl saying that luck and manning wouldnt get along.

Ahhhhh My Vikings need to draft a big play WR. Hopefully Blackmon or Floyd. Give Ponder some weapons.

I like the idea of Blackmon too. After that I want Minny to stack that defense. I want a return of the Purple People Eaters.

I almost want St. Louis to have the worst record this year.

Can you imagine how crazy and fun it will be leading up to the draft? So many more teams will suddenly be in the running for Luck just by offering the most in a trade.

I'm gonna go drop off a pound of weed in Vontaze Burfict's locker so he drops to us in the 3rd round.

^ if dude somehow drops to the 2nd and eagles don't take him, i'm going go up to philly and slap reid, howie and/or banner.. hell jeff lurie might get a piece too

if he is there in the 1st, we better have a damn good reason why we arent taking him

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]CP[/color], who is your boss?  You speak of him like he's Scott Pioli.
laugh.gif

Honestly, Menzie was never really a sure 1st rounder at any point, IMO.

But not having Mo Claiborne in the 1st round at this point is crazy to me (and a few others).
I'm gonna go drop off a pound of weed in Vontaze Burfict's locker so he drops to us in the 3rd round.
Speaking of Burfict, this guy has been a big disappointment this season.

I've seen him play 4 times in person now and it's crazy how many bad angles he takes and how often he takes himself out of the play entirely.

He has all the athletic ability in the world and hits like a freight train, but he needs some MAJOR improvements on his fundamentals and playing sound, team football.

Part of that is how much ASU allows him to freelance and part of it is him treating it like it's a backyard football game.

Dude makes some of the dumbest/most undisciplined penalties I've ever seen as well

If he gets w/ a veteran laden defense, I think he will be special.  If he goes to an unorganized organization w/o veteran leadership on D, it could be trouble.

At this point, Rolando McClain > Vontaze Burfict at the college level, EASY.

dont know anything about CFB but is Luck gonna be that good that dudes are going crazy and drooling over this dude year or two in advance?

Originally Posted by SportsJunkie

Ahhhhh My Vikings need to draft a big play WR. Hopefully Blackmon or Floyd. Give Ponder some weapons.
Floyd coming back home would be nice
pimp.gif
but we need a CB or OL imo

Originally Posted by Zyzz

dont know anything about CFB but is Luck gonna be that good that dudes are going crazy and drooling over this dude year or two in advance?

Yes.

Lions need a LT. I would not mind if they went all OL this draft as well. Backus is buns. Needs the bump inside.

As a Vikings fan I would love for them to get some offensive threats (Justin Blackmon) and then just stack the secondary

robert-griffin-iii.jpg

Who knows where he'll be drafted....but if he's there in the 2nd, I would LOVE for the Skins to pick him up.

I'm all for the ******** getting an impact WR...they have no playmakers on offense. Makes no sense to draft a QB in round 1 and give him no weapons. Hinder development rather than help.

I want to get sort of a list of where team needs are and what they will address for sure at some point EARLY in the draft.  For instance

QB
Miami
Denver
Seattle
Indy
KC
San Fran???

COULD all go QB early. 

Oline
Bears
Lions
Steelers

Defense
NE both picks
GB  (Safety)

Weapons
Jax
Clev
Cincy

What do you guys think for the other teams?  Are there any teams that MUST take an o-lineman?  Or HAVE to go all defense early?  Should there be another team on the QB list? 
Once we have all the teams, I'll clean it all up and drop it in the OP for safekeeping. 
We could also have a BPA (Best Player Available) type category, for a team like Minnesota, they could go WR, O-Line, or even secondary, LB, whatever.  Simply put, BPA when they pick.  Make sense? 

Back
Top Bottom