The 2012 NFL Draft Thread, 4/26 8EST/5PST Vikings are on the clock

Bears pick should be mid to late 1st round who should I be watching at LT and RG?

And I'm gone need for the panthers to keep losing games so that 3rd rounder can be closer to a 2nd
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by SCuse7

alright maybe not, I just don't think Jeffery is that good
Why?
He just doesn't seem explosive enough for me, I think of Mike Williams when i see when. I maybe haven't seen enough, but just watching him I don't get a feeling like he would be a top tier wideout.
Lettuce be cereal, you see Mike Williams in Alshon cause of those photos where he was looking a little chunky.  Dude needs to get his head on straight but I would take him over Floyd.

What exactly is he doing after the catch?
Much more than Michael Floyd is doing.

Now that I think about it, if Alshon is in shape and dedicated, he is the pick for me.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Now that I think about it, if Alshon is in shape and dedicated, he is the pick for me.

Biggest year of his career and he comes in looking like a Tight End. That's a huge if in my opinion.

Agreed.
laugh.gif

Point being, if they are both in shape and healthy, Alshon is probably the better football prospect and has more upside.

This is coming from a Cleveland Browns fan, fwiw.  We need an Alshon Jeffery more than a Michael Floyd at this point in time (although we could use all the help we can get
laugh.gif
tired.gif
).

Both of them have had relatively average years considering expectations, IMO.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

Biggest year of his career and he comes in looking like a Tight End. That's a huge if in my opinion.

If you're Marvin picking wide out to go opposite of AJ for the future if Jerome doesn't pan out for whatever reason. Who are you taking? One of these two or someone else?

Watch Alshon show up to the combine weighing 225...If he doesn't want the comparisons to BMW (as far as work-ethic), he better come to Indy looking the best he has in his life.

Look underage drinking on a college campus is prevalent. Notre Dame is easy to get caught doing that there, so while no pass I would reserve the right to take away bonus money for alcohol related incidents.

No matter how easy it is to get busted at UND, having 3 alcohol related incidents is an awful pattern and it's something that obviously can't be ignored. He'll have comparisons to Vincent Jackson and I hope for his sake, he's matured.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so what the ***@ is phil smims talking about?
He basically thinks that Peyton would not be happy in any way if the Colts went after Luck.  If they get the #1 pick and he comes back, he wants an impact player, not some kid to sit behind him breathing down his sore neck.  If Irsay and the Colts do have interest in Luck, Peyton will NOT be happy, causing problems within the franchise. 

I haven't seen the HBO part of what Simms was saying, but I heard a radio interview with him trying to clear up his thoughts. 

This draft is gonna get all sorts of awesome if the Colts get the 1 and Peyton won't let them draft Luck.  The trade packages thrown at Indy would be outstanding, and good for their franchise, as well as Peyton.  Great theatre. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

He basically thinks that Peyton would not be happy in any way if the Colts went after Luck.  If they get the #1 pick and he comes back, he wants an impact player, not some kid to sit behind him breathing down his sore neck.  If Irsay and the Colts do have interest in Luck, Peyton will NOT be happy, causing problems within the franchise. 

I haven't seen the HBO part of what Simms was saying, but I heard a radio interview with him trying to clear up his thoughts. 

This draft is gonna get all sorts of awesome if the Colts get the 1 and Peyton won't let them draft Luck.  The trade packages thrown at Indy would be outstanding, and good for their franchise, as well as Peyton.  Great theatre. 

naw, that clowning was trying to say he didnt have  NFL arm or never made NFL throws. just put in the orange bowl from last year and he answers those questinos

Originally Posted by CP1708

naw, that clowning was trying to say he didnt have  NFL arm or never made NFL throws. just put in the orange bowl from last year and he answers those questinos

The hell was Simms watching? 

Anyways....CP you're right.  Colts are going to have all sorts of insane packages thrown at them if they get the #1.  If this happens, I can see Luck pulling an Eli and trying to force a trade if worst comes to worst.  No point in having him sit for 2-3 seasons.  And I don't see Luck wanting to go in a situation where he wouldn't be the starter from day 1.  Going to Indy wouldn't be a good look seeing how he's NFL ready RIGHT NOW...also, like you were saying...Peyton might not co-sign on drafting him in the first place. 

Remember what the saints gave up to get Ricky Williams....I can see a team throwing away MULTIPLE 1st round picks to move up and try to draft him. 

I can see desperate/poorly ran organizations throwing away damn near multiple drafts to get him.
laugh.gif

That's probably a tad OD, but yeah.
laugh.gif

Colts w/ #1 pick = potential for greatest draft hoopla/controversy of all time.

Damn Mike, I hadn't heard that part.  Simms must be tryin to be "that guy" that can narrow in on some random flaw he perceives. 
laugh.gif

Tell him to look at that wildcat reverse pass that Luck flipped 55 yards right on the hands vs USC, then come tell me he don't have an arm. 
pimp.gif

J's, this 2012 is going to turn into a damn free for all.  This is going to be such great theatre, as long as all the names do come out.  The Seniors list is kind of weak, but if the right juniors come out, suddenly the class gets DEEP.  And the timing of the whole rookie salary issue, it's like the perfect storm for the NFL.  The ratings are gonna be nuts, twitter rumors, Kiper types, man this @#$% gon be wild.  I can't wait, as evidenced by us talking draft in here 6 months early. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Vinny Curry is goin top 15 BTW.  I watched him vs UAB last week, dude is Jevon Kearse's son or something, I swear.  Reminds me exactly of that kid back in the Freak days. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

If you're an NFL GM and you have the choice to draft either Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery, who do you pick?

Jeffery.

Floyd cant stay off the sauce. thats a problem.

Talent wise, its even. off the field, I cant touch Floyd.

Alshon is a Monster and impossible for a CB to tackle on one on. he lumbers alot and that scares me but against what you're eyes & mind tell you should happen,  when he gets separation he houses passes.

I think he's a Young Plax and a definite take.  

I think he was questioning the NFL type throws,

which is outlandish.

funny thing is Phil Simms wanted to fist fight Desmond Howard last year because he criticized Matt Simms, but noe he's okay with critiquing QBs... get hte %$@* outta here

Don't know how he's doing off field. Hopefully, good.

on field, haven't seen him take a play off all year. numbers might not be where I and others thought they could be, but as a football player..he's pretty much been a complete package this year.

On the Andrew Luck tip.

If the Colts get the #1 pick, I don't know what they should do.

If they trade Luck, I'm not sure that they won't boot all the picks. It's not like they have drafted well under Polian in a long time.

If they keep Luck, the team is old and has no real talent. They would also have to scrap all the coaches because I'm not sure any of them are actually alive.

If Manning is healthy, I'd trade Luck. With the salary that he will get for his first 4 years, he might be the most valuable commodity in all of NFL, next to Cam. You can get 2 possibly 3 #1's for him.

The colts can't contend even with a healthy manning. That team was headed for a down year regardless not having Peyton, his absence just made it tnat much worse. I mean the dude just had multiple neck surgeries, who knows if he ever steps on the field again period.If manning does want to play, trade him to a contender where it will be worth his time and grab your franchise QB for the next decade, it's a win-win.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

The colts can't contend even with a healthy manning. That team was headed for a down year regardless not having Peyton, his absence just made it tnat much worse. I mean the dude just had multiple neck surgeries, who knows if he ever steps on the field again period. If manning does want to play, trade him to a contender where it will be worth his time and grab your franchise QB for the next decade, it's a win-win.
You know daaaaaaaaaaamn well that isn't happening.  The Colts trade Peyton Manning.  Think of the backlash. 
laugh.gif

I know the 9ers moved Joe, and I suppose that's the best comparison, but they won't get close to the same return on Peyton. No chance.  Kings ransom for #1, I wouldn't even offer a #1 for Peyton at this point, so how does Indy win in that sense? 
ohwell.gif

What I want to know, is there a scenario where Indy gets 1, and doesn't trade or take Luck?  Could you imagine all this hype, and the kid don't go 1, ala Reggie? 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
  And honestly, I don't know where the Colts go if Peyton comes back and they have the 1, who could they take?  LT, a DE?  That makes no sense.  It wouldn't really help them, or Peyton.  LT might be nice I guess, but is that even a hole for them right now?  They are going to be screwed. 

MF3 has been getting damn near double coverage the entire year as well.

Reese might be better than Crist (not saying much), but he's still very average at this point.

Floyd's problem isn't necessarily the sauce, it's the fact that he chooses to get behind the wheel time after time.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

ND's campus police is WILD.  Kid was asking for trouble.

At the end of the day, I personally don't think it'll be a problem...at all.  That entire team behaves like that, they just don't get caught in vehicles.

I won't be surprised in the slightest w/ who has the better career between Alshon and Mike.  It's too close to call for me.

As bad as it looks to trade PM18 (and it does look terrible/disrespectful), I think it might actually be the best football move (strictly business/competitive wise). 

Do we even know if he's healthy or will ever be himself again?  It has the potential to be an Aaron Rodgers-Lite situation w/o the waiting.

Back
Top Bottom