***The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards Thread***

Originally Posted by reemz

Originally Posted by el cuco

I'm gunna crack up if Drake wins a Grammy.

x2 I wonder if he would have been popular, had Weezy not put him on...
eyes.gif
Definitely not, he owes it all to Lil Wayne. That's like wondering if 50 would have been as popular hadn't Dre and Em put him on lol.

drake is not close to what 50 was when they both came out

I am kind of hyped to see this years awards just off of the strength of Lady Gaga, Drake, and the MJ tribute.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

eyes.gif
Definitely not, he owes it all to Lil Wayne. That's like wondering if 50 would have been as popular hadn't Dre and Em put him on lol.

I'm tired of people saying this. Hopefully he wins a grammy so people like you can shut the +%+* up.

But you won't. It's going to be "WOW no one cares bout grammys anymore!"... "That's really Wayne's grammy if you think about it"...etc.

smh.gif

The Grammy always have some sketchy nominations...Like Sara Smile by Hall & Oates being nominated for best pop performance by a duo or group even though it was a song they sang over 30 years ago...I'm assuming that it was a live recording or some lame loophole that takes away from a original recording...

I want to see the MJ Tribute,Eminem,Beyonce,Drake and Green Day perform

Originally Posted by BigTy23

So what awards show do you guys watch?!? Since yall like to put down everything...
It's not about putting down everything, but the Grammys are universally known to be the worst of the major awards. 

Oscars, Emmys, Grammys in that order for me. 

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

eyes.gif

I'm tired of people saying this. Hopefully he wins a grammy so people like you can shut the +%+* up.

But you won't. It's going to be "WOW no one cares bout grammys anymore!"... "That's really Wayne's grammy if you think about it"...etc.

smh.gif
Word. Let dude get his shine.  Of course 50 owes em and dre and drake owes a little to wayne, but that doesn't take away from their talent. MJ helped Kwame Brown but if the talent isn't their, nothing is happening.

via grammys.com

The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards will feature three-and-a-half hours of performance-rich television.

Performances include:

Jamie Foxx and T-Pain with Slash and Doug E. Fresh

Nominees Drake, Eminem, and Lil Wayne with Travis Barker

A special tribute to guitar virtuoso Les Paul featuring Jeff Beck and Imelda May

The cast of "American Idiot" appearing with Green Day

Four-time GRAMMY winner Roberta Flack; five-time GRAMMY winner Elton John

Three-time GRAMMY winner Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland were announced last Thursday

Beyoncé

The Black Eyed Peas

Bon Jovi

The Dave Matthews Band

Green Day

Lady Antebellum

Lady Gaga

Maxwell

Pink

Taylor Swift

The Zac Brown Band

Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson, Smokey Robinson, Carrie Underwood, and Usher in a special 3-D GRAMMY tribute to Michael Jackson

Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli in a special fund-raising segment for Haitian relief

The 52nd GRAMMY Awards will take place live on Sunday, Jan. 31 at Staples Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in HDTV and 5.1 Surround Sound on the CBS Television Network from 8–11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The show also will be supported on radio via Westwood One worldwide, and covered online at GRAMMY.com and CBS.com, and on YouTube. Additional performers, presenters and special segments will be announced soon. For GRAMMY coverage, updates and breaking news, please visit The Recording Academy's social networks on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.

The 52nd Annual GRAMMY Awards are produced by John Cossette Productions and AEG Ehrlich Ventures for The Recording Academy. Ken Ehrlich and John Cossette are executive producers, Louis J. Horvitz is director.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

eyes.gif

I'm tired of people saying this. Hopefully he wins a grammy so people like you can shut the !**+ up.

smh.gif

you so sensitive.

Originally Posted by houstonsnk

Nominees Drake, Eminem, and Lil Wayne with Travis Barker

I hope somehow Kanye appears out of nowhere to spit his verse...and the camera cuts to Taylor Swift for a reaction...

1st the Haiti telethon,now the Grammys...

I'm not watching, this is just a big popularity contest. I am interested to know which undeserving artists/bands win this year, though.

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

who's doing the MJ tribute?
Usher i know for sure...i heard Blanket might be dancing but i highly doubt that...
Damn...Chris Breezy still aint getting no love

much as it hurts me to say this...yeah...even to look at paparazzi shots of him he just looks
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom