The Adidas "Futurecraft"

6th April

https://www.adidas.co.uk/zx-4000-4d-shoes/BD7865.html

adidas-zx4000-4d-carbon-release-date-11.jpg

IMO, UBs are very overrated in comfort. I just think they are too soft for my style of comfort and don't want to get really into it, but long term they actually detrimental for our gait cycle. With that being said, I dont think it's fair to compare 4Ds vs UBs cuz they are different. 4D is definitely more firmer and a lil springy which I prefer cuz I feel the ground and momentum more. I'd actually run in 4D than boost.

So 4d isn't that comfortable, or just not on boost level?

Personally for me and seems like a majority that own both, boost is a lot comfier than 4D without a doubt.

4D is a lot more firmer than boost and I would say springier, but I would say that the more and more I wear my pair (OGs) the better they get but in no means is it like the comfort of an ultra boost. I think 4D tech in shoes is more so beneficial if you actually have the ability to have a foot scan done and then the shoes printed based on what your foot is like.

For me, the comfort for boost midsole is far superior. The more you walk, the more you will ask for boost. I walk 15k+ steps per day while I was in Asia and I do wish I had boost with me. But for casual wear, 4d is still going to be just fine. They will not have the soft "cloud" like feel like boost do. They are firm and solid.

However, I would not try to run in 4d consortium at all (the only pair I have) NOT because of midsole technology but because the upper lacks structures/support. The upper is very stretchy material that reminds me of NMD PK but thicker. They are cozy, soft, and comfy but they do not cage or heel cup to hold your feet in place. Even slight inclines or declines you will feel your feet slide around above the midsole. But then again who buys 4D to run. #flexonly

4D comfort isn't necessarily bad, it's just a lot more stiff than boost. So if you go into it expecting something more cushioned than boost you'll be disappointed. I don't have any pairs with the newer midsole (ie. white alphaedge, zx 4000 etc.), but I would say they're only good for casual use. The tech isn't quite at the performance level yet.

No one will buy 4Ds atm to run in, especially @ the current price point. I just said I'd rather run in 4D to convey a different comparison. The only 4D I have is the ZX4000 and the upper seems like it will hold up while running.

I’ve actually decided to put a run in my OG 4D on the treadmill when I first got them and would say I’d never run in them again. So many other better options for running. Although, am curious to see how the alpha edges do if I can get them on a deep discount

They are comfortable just not more comfortable than boost, I’d say it’s maybe one step down depending on the 4d model your using for comparison. But I really do like the comfort of the consortium pairs. I could walk all day in them and not have a complain

My wife has issues with running in boost. She was previously using OG UBs then switched over to cream yeezys. Now she purchased some Asics and loves em. The doctor was saying that she was having joint issues because the shoes she was running in was too soft. I like the firmness of 4D, but never tried running in em. Wife probably won't get that opportunity either lol

UBs are too cakey for me. I need stability and firmness in my life and on my feet.
i agree. def gotta keep a neutral profile when running in UBs. the softness also relies on proper technique; pounding the pavement, per se, should be avoided. just my 2 cents.

Really wanted to love the Alphaedge, especially with the deep discount from ADC. I love the 4D midsole and find it comfy, but something about the rest of the shoe just doesn’t jive with me. :ohwell:

I hate when you’re anticipating a sneaker arriving and it ends up being underwhelming.

Really wanted to love the Alphaedge, especially with the deep discount from ADC. I love the 4D midsole and find it comfy, but something about the rest of the shoe just doesn’t jive with me. :ohwell:

I hate when you’re anticipating a sneaker arriving and it ends up being underwhelming.
Good thing adc has the free returns for 30 days. Although I guess if you copped on deep discount, you’d actually make money flipping it on sx

Sorry for asking this, but what's the sizing on alphaedge 4D? Same as UB? Iniki?

Not showing up for me. It did however allow me to add a pair to cart but would not accept payment. Got a little excited that it did but Apple Pay stated not available.

Looks like I have until Saturday to participate.

Back
Top Bottom