^ The Avengers - Official Movie Thread: Out Now!! ^

I'm jealous and look forward to your non-spoilery impressions
laugh.gif

I'm so glad the early reviews have been really positive.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@ Sam. Somebody needs to do an alternate origin of the Hulk based off that; hybrid bud eating in a room with a Gamma bomb.

laugh.gif
@ Sam. Somebody needs to do an alternate origin of the Hulk based off that; hybrid bud eating in a room with a Gamma bomb.

Ruffalo did an OK job in this movie.. but Norton would've been EPIC .. you'd know what i mean when you see the movie..

Ruffalo did an OK job in this movie.. but Norton would've been EPIC .. you'd know what i mean when you see the movie..

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

Hahaha no problem. Non-spoilery review will 100% be up tomorrow night. Pretty stoked

Originally Posted by Big J 33

laugh.gif

Hahaha no problem. Non-spoilery review will 100% be up tomorrow night. Pretty stoked

just got my tix for friday may 4th at the metreon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

they only had 4 showtimes left 2 in the morning 7:15(mine) and 10:15pm

just got my tix for friday may 4th at the metreon
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

they only had 4 showtimes left 2 in the morning 7:15(mine) and 10:15pm

Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’ Breaking Records Overseas After Today’s Early Release
By NIKKI FINKE | Wednesday April 25, 2012 @ 4:47pm PDT

BREAKING… UPDATE: The superhero certain blockbuster doesn’t come out in the U.S. until May 4th. But my sources say early box office estimates are coming out of Australia this evening where Marvel‘s The Avengers from Disney was released today for the start of its international run. And the hotly anticipated actioner is already shattering box office records overseas. It earned in U.S. dollar estimates of $6.0M in Australia and $1.2M in Taiwan and $700K in New Zealand for almost $8M from the three countries on Wednesday. Two of the nations, Australia and New Zealand were holidays: ANZAC Day, so that helped boost box office. Australia’s opening day is the second-highest opening of all time there behind only the final Harry Potter (A$7M). It is also the highest Marvel opening day ever, 214% ahead of Iron Man 2 (A$1.8M Thursday opening) and 136% ahead of The Dark Knight (A$2.5M Thursday opening), and the highest Disney opening day ever for a Disney film. The pic playing in Taiwan is the biggest industry Wednesday opening ever, the biggest opening day of 2012 (173% above Battleship) and the second-biggest opening day for any Marvel film (after only Spider-Man 3). In New Zealand, pic scored a higher opening than The Dark Knight and Iron Man 2. This is the first Marvel film to be marketed and distributed by Disney, so this is great news for the studio.

The pic has been tracking incredibly high because so many well-known characters are coming together for the first time in this PG-13 film directed by Joss Whedon in Digital 3D, RealD & IMAX 3D. So the movie’s North American opening on May 4th timed to the official summer season start will be an event. As a result, not only will this type of action film normally skew young and older male, but the tracking is looking strong as a three- and possibly four-quadrant movie, too. Right now Disney and theatre owners are adding screens every day for the U.S./Canada release whose online pre-sales of tickets were selling out weeks in advance. Midnight show business is expected to be phenomenal. Exactly how much the studio can gross for the first weekend depends on how many screenings each theater can pack into 72 hours by finding enough staff willing to work the extra hours and keep the pic running continuously.

Marvel’s ‘The Avengers’ Breaking Records Overseas After Today’s Early Release
By NIKKI FINKE | Wednesday April 25, 2012 @ 4:47pm PDT

BREAKING… UPDATE: The superhero certain blockbuster doesn’t come out in the U.S. until May 4th. But my sources say early box office estimates are coming out of Australia this evening where Marvel‘s The Avengers from Disney was released today for the start of its international run. And the hotly anticipated actioner is already shattering box office records overseas. It earned in U.S. dollar estimates of $6.0M in Australia and $1.2M in Taiwan and $700K in New Zealand for almost $8M from the three countries on Wednesday. Two of the nations, Australia and New Zealand were holidays: ANZAC Day, so that helped boost box office. Australia’s opening day is the second-highest opening of all time there behind only the final Harry Potter (A$7M). It is also the highest Marvel opening day ever, 214% ahead of Iron Man 2 (A$1.8M Thursday opening) and 136% ahead of The Dark Knight (A$2.5M Thursday opening), and the highest Disney opening day ever for a Disney film. The pic playing in Taiwan is the biggest industry Wednesday opening ever, the biggest opening day of 2012 (173% above Battleship) and the second-biggest opening day for any Marvel film (after only Spider-Man 3). In New Zealand, pic scored a higher opening than The Dark Knight and Iron Man 2. This is the first Marvel film to be marketed and distributed by Disney, so this is great news for the studio.

The pic has been tracking incredibly high because so many well-known characters are coming together for the first time in this PG-13 film directed by Joss Whedon in Digital 3D, RealD & IMAX 3D. So the movie’s North American opening on May 4th timed to the official summer season start will be an event. As a result, not only will this type of action film normally skew young and older male, but the tracking is looking strong as a three- and possibly four-quadrant movie, too. Right now Disney and theatre owners are adding screens every day for the U.S./Canada release whose online pre-sales of tickets were selling out weeks in advance. Midnight show business is expected to be phenomenal. Exactly how much the studio can gross for the first weekend depends on how many screenings each theater can pack into 72 hours by finding enough staff willing to work the extra hours and keep the pic running continuously.

Back
Top Bottom